The Student Room Group

Imperial Postgraduate Applications 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by federvo.mala
I have an offer for the same course too.

Hi Federico,

Where are you from? Did you pay the deposit fee? Have you booked accommodation?
Original post by VENIVIDIVICI
Hey AAD,

How are you keeping up? Any news yet?

I emailed one of my admission tutors last night for the course I applied to (I had his email and have been in contact with him about two weeks ago). I got tired of waiting...he emailed me last night saying that they were busy finalising offers this week :eek: and that I'll hear from them more formally tomorrow (meaning today some time).

He did not give anything away as to whether I'd be offered a place...so I'll wait nervously and keep checking my emails and e-student account for the decision. :s-smilie:

Hi there,

I have an interview coming up this Wednesday. Any advice? Do they generally offer? I haven't met or heard from anyone who has been rejected after the interview.

Also, have you got decision yet?

Wish you the best of luck! :smile:
Have just been offered a place on an MRes in BMR at Imperial......I AM OVER THE MOON. WOW.

Now, I'll have a brilliant long weekend.
(edited 11 years ago)
Congratulations! Wish u the best!
Original post by memon.faris
Congratulations! Wish u the best!

Thank you!

Have you got any applications in?
Reply 365
Have just been offered a place on MRes Biomedical Research (Personalised Healthcare) at Imperial......I AM OVER THE MOON. WOW.

Now, I'll have a brilliant long weekend.

Congrats :party2:
Original post by Akkuz
Congrats :party2:

Hey, thx Akkuz!

Now, I need to think about when I'm gonna accept the offer! and then the whole deposit thing :eek: I have a PhD application in at UCL and an MRes interview at King's in June, so don't want to jump the gun yet. What do you think?

So, you've decided to go to Cambridge hey...well done you! I got declined from Cambridge this week for a PhD. I was gutted, but this Imperial offer put a smile back on my face! :biggrin:

What else have you been up to?
Reply 367
Hey, thx Akkuz!

Now, I need to think about when I'm gonna accept the offer! and then the whole deposit thing :eek: I have a PhD application in at UCL and an MRes interview at King's in June, so don't want to jump the gun yet. What do you think?

So, you've decided to go to Cambridge hey...well done you! I got declined from Cambridge this week for a PhD. I was gutted, but this Imperial offer put a smile back on my face! :biggrin:

What else have you been up to?

I really don't know anything about sciences, but an interview in June..for King's is quite frankly ridiculous..why is it so late? I'm pretty sure Imperial is better than UCL for science? Try and wait to see what UCL say.

Imperial is still top notch for science. I'm just generally been ill and trying to revise, mega bored!
Sorry to hear that you mega bored. Revision used to put me to sleep. So, are feeling better now?

I was annoyed about the King's interview as well. Their MRes programme only admits 6 people per year and its quite a good programme. Maybe I should email the dept. and ask them if I could get interviewed sooner, as I have other offers in hand.

The UCL one is a 4yr funded PhD programme, so if I get it, I'll go for it over the 1yr MRes at Imperial. If I don't get into UCL, then its Imperial and afterwards I'd go on and complete a PhD.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 369
Hi everyone :smile:,

I have applied to MSc Transport and Business Management in 1 April, but my last reference submitted in 27 April.... is there anyone have applied to the same course and how long it takes to get an decision:confused:.
Original post by thexmanin
Hi everyone :smile:,

I have applied to MSc Transport and Business Management in 1 April, but my last reference submitted in 27 April.... is there anyone have applied to the same course and how long it takes to get an decision:confused:.

I don't know about your actual course, so can't assist with that, but about getting a decision, it all depends on how busy the admissions people in that department is for that course. My 2nd reference was submitted on the 1st April and only showed up on the Imperial embark online system on the 27th April. On the Imperial student e-service my application was under consideration for about a month and I only got a decision on Friday.

Short answer is: give it a week or two, if you haven't got an answer by then, try and contact your admissions contacts for that course and try and get a timeframe of how long it may take. They only start looking at your application once all your references are in with your completed application. So, yours started after the 27th.

Good luck with your application.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 371
I don't know about your actual course, so can't assist with that, but about getting a decision, it all depends on how busy the admissions people in that department is for that course. My 2nd reference was submitted on the 1st April and only showed up on the Imperial embark online system on the 27th April. On the Imperial student e-service my application was under consideration for about a month and I only got a decision on the 4th May (Friday).

Short answer is: give it a week or two, if you haven't got an answer by then, try and contact your admissions contacts for that course and try and get a timeframe of how long it may take. They only start looking at your application once all your references are in with your completed application. So, yours started after the 27th.

Good luck with your application.

Thank you for the reply:smile:,
I think here in Imperial they take a long time to make a decision, whereas, Leeds University (MSc Transport Planning and Engineering) they gave me a conditional offer in a week with only one reference letter submitted. Also, I think Imperial they going to take a longer time than they usually do because this course is provided jointly between imperial college and UCL. Even though Leeds has an excellent department for transport engineering, I still prefer to do my master’s in Imperial because their course is combining transport engineering with business management which hopefully would boost my employability. Anyway thank you again and hope you good luck with your master’s.
Thank you!

Have you got any applications in?

Yes, I applied for the 'msc strategic marketing course'. waiting for a reply. have my interview on 10th may.

how did ur interview go? any advice?

congrats again :smile:
Hi Akkuz,

Congratulations on Cambridge! WOW! well done!

What course did u get accepted for?
Yes, I applied for the 'msc strategic marketing course'. waiting for a reply. have my interview on 10th may.

how did ur interview go? any advice?

congrats again :smile:

Hi, did you ask whether I was interviewed by Imperial? No, I had no interview. I waited about a month and was in touch with the admissions tutor at various points during that time. Got my unofficial offer from them last Friday afternoon, now just waiting for an official offer from the Registry.

Sorry, I can't help on the interview front, but I'm positive you'll do well and get in. In my experience, if they call you for an interview, it means that they interested in your application & want to make sure that you are a right fit for the course and studies at Imperial. These people are very busy (especially at this time of the academic year) and wouldn't just interview students for the sake of it.

Just be yourself. Read up on the course and the department; your CV; personal statement; undergraduate project and have an idea of why you want to do this course (and what it can do for you in terms of skills, etc.) and also what your future plans may be after the MSc.

You'll do just fine :smile: Good luck!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by thexmanin
Thank you for the reply:smile:,
I think here in Imperial they take a long time to make a decision, whereas, Leeds University (MSc Transport Planning and Engineering) they gave me a conditional offer in a week with only one reference letter submitted. Also, I think Imperial they going to take a longer time than they usually do because this course is provided jointly between imperial college and UCL. Even though Leeds has an excellent department for transport engineering, I still prefer to do my master’s in Imperial because their course is combining transport engineering with business management which hopefully would boost my employability. Anyway thank you again and hope you good luck with your master’s.

No worries. You make some valid points. Imperial isn't Leeds and yes they take longer...it may be that they get more applications for their courses than Leeds (because of its reputation). Just hang in there for a little while longer, I know its frustrating. The wait will be worthwhile if you do get an offer.

Thx and I hope you get the decision you want from them soon.
(edited 11 years ago)
Hi, did you ask whether I was interviewed by Imperial? No, I had no interview. I waited about a month and was in touch with the admissions tutor at various points during that time. Got my unofficial offer from them last Friday afternoon, now just waiting for an official offer from the Registry.

Sorry, I can't help on the interview front, but I'm positive you'll do well and get in. In my experience, if they call you for an interview, it means that they interested in your application & want to make sure that you are a right fit for the course and studies at Imperial. These people are very busy (especially at this time of the academic year) and wouldn't just interview students for the sake of it.

Just be yourself. Read up on the course and the department; your CV; personal statement; undergraduate project and have an idea of why you want to do this course (and what it can do for you in terms of skills, etc.) and also what your future plans may be after the MSc.

You'll do just fine :smile: Good luck!

Hi,
Yes i meant an interview with imperial. lol. lucky u didnt have to do one with them, but i suppose the admissions tutor got a hang of what interests u and all through the correspondence.

many thanks for your advice. lets just hope i crack it and get a place. just simply so i can continue studying in normal mode haha.

Regards.
Original post by abhishekd18
Hi Federico,

Where are you from? Did you pay the deposit fee? Have you booked accommodation?

Hi, I am originally from Italy but am finishing my bachelor this year from Queen Mary University of London. Yes I have paid the deposit.

I am not gonna live in students' accommodations since I already have a flat in london.

Hope to see you in September.
Hi,
Yes i meant an interview with imperial. lol. lucky u didnt have to do one with them, but i suppose the admissions tutor got a hang of what interests u and all through the correspondence.

many thanks for your advice. lets just hope i crack it and get a place. just simply so i can continue studying in normal mode haha.

Regards.

memon.faris,

From what I picked up from the tutors email (before I got the offer), it sounded like not many were interviewed. I may be wrong.

Anyway, I'm sure you are tired of all this waiting and the distraction it creates, so hope it all goes well for you. Do you know who'll be on the interview panel and how long its gonna take?
Hi all,

Anybody attending the first ever Imperial Festival 2012, this Friday evening and Saturday (11 & 12 May)?

Details here: http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/festival

Thx

Quick Reply

Latest