The Student Room Group

How to wear cream chinos? - Mens

Hey there,

Recently got into chinos, had great success with a brown pair, and needed a new one, so ended up getting some cream ones in a sale. They were reduced and so are worth quite a lot (so I can't not wear them really), but my problem is that I'm struggling on how to wear them. I've tried stuff out and I've figured that darker as far as tops are concerned look better than lights.

Is anyone here a cream-colour guru?
Please help :P
Dan

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Wear them with brown or tan shoes and belt, a smart long sleeved shirt and a sweater or sports jacket.
Have you considered Chinos with just regular trainers? Cream isn't such a vivid colour, and I think tends to go well with alot, or vans I think is a considerable choice :smile:
Reply 3
A simple dark coloured t-shirt would be fine, like a red or blue.
Original post by Dinnes
Hey there,

Recently got into chinos, had great success with a brown pair, and needed a new one, so ended up getting some cream ones in a sale. They were reduced and so are worth quite a lot (so I can't not wear them really), but my problem is that I'm struggling on how to wear them. I've tried stuff out and I've figured that darker as far as tops are concerned look better than lights.

Dan

"How to wear cream chinos?"

Place left leg in appropriate trouser hole.
Repeat with other leg.
Pull upwards.

:smile: Just wear them with some polo shirts or something ( 1 polo shirt at a time ).
Reply 5
Brown shoes, brown belt, and a pale blue shirt works for me! :smile:
Reply 6
Try not to fall into the 'I'm-off-to-watch-a-game-of-Polo' pit that so many of the comments suggest.
Canvas shoes, and a dark/ vivid coloured top. Avoid polos at all costs... unless you're going to said Polo match.
Reply 7
Don't.
Reply 8
I wear chinos a lot in summer as usually the weather is nice (haha). Pink or light coloured shirt and jumper or hoodie if its casual.

If you are going formal or more smart then get a dark navy blue blazer, footwear some brogues, boat shoes or Chelsea boots.
Reply 9
Original post by Samus2
Don't.

This. You don't want to be a chinos lad. It's almost as bad as the Jack Wills/Hollister rubbish!
Reply 10
A White V Neck. White/Grey Vans.
Reply 11
Tops - any nice simple t-shirt, plaid shirts, denim shirts

Coats & jackets - you can wear a nice black blazer over a white fitted shirt, you might be able to get away with wearing a sweater/cardigan with it, zip up hoodies.

Shoes - boat shoes, canvas shoes, trainers, formal shoes, boots.

Can you upload a pic of them? Cos you can also get different chino types,

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 12
Original post by ferduro
Tops - any nice simple t-shirt, plaid shirts, denim shirts

Coats & jackets - you can wear a nice black blazer over a white fitted shirt, you might be able to get away with wearing a sweater/cardigan with it, zip up hoodies.

Shoes - boat shoes, canvas shoes, trainers, formal shoes, boots.

Can you upload a pic of them? Cos you can also get different chino types,

NB. Wearing any of the above in a combination will make you look like a tosser.
Reply 13
I imagine 2 sets of people wear cream chinos: cocaine dealers and rent boys.

Which are you, OP?
Reply 14
Original post by Teemo
This. You don't want to be a chinos lad. It's almost as bad as the Jack Wills/Hollister rubbish!

Oh shut up. Chinos are a classic piece of menswear and have been around forever. They aren't solely worn by so-called "lads" and certainly are nowhere near the level of Jack Wills.
burning them
Reply 16
Original post by Scott129
Oh shut up. Chinos are a classic piece of menswear and have been around forever. They aren't solely worn by so-called "lads" and certainly are nowhere near the level of Jack Wills.

Considering they look ridiculous anyway... in addition to the fact that the vast majority of people who wear them are 'lads' and describe themselves as 'banterous' whilst wearing the hideous trousers with boat shoes or espadrilles in combination with a silly polo shirt that they've paid a ridiculous amount of money for due to a small logo...
Reply 17
How to wear Chinos...
Just don't.
Original post by Dinnes
Hey there,

Dan

What was the "great success" you are talking about when you wore your brown chinos? I'm quite interested :smile:

Reply 19
In a dark room where no one see's you.

Quick Reply