The Student Room Group

The Lush Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Non pour moi.

I love the shop and i wish i could by everything in there but most of there stuff is way too harsh for my skin, which is a total bummer.
Even the most gentle products make my skin go red and itchy...boo
I despratly want to try mask of magnaminty but dont want to waste money if its just going to mess up my skin.
Reply 61
~the_one~
Non pour moi.

I love the shop and i wish i could by everything in there but most of there stuff is way too harsh for my skin, which is a total bummer.
Even the most gentle products make my skin go red and itchy...boo
I despratly want to try mask of magnaminty but dont want to waste money if its just going to mess up my skin.

I love Mask of Magnaminty! It's fab. I don't know if it would be good for you though, my skin's a bit sensitive and when I first put it on it actually hurt a little bit... if you wanted to try it, you could get one of the smaller tubs maybe? I think they're about £3 or something, then if it's too harsh for you you won't have wasted a lot of money :smile:
Reply 62
I find it doesn't smell as bad inside as it does outside if that makes sense. Maybe that's just the Glasgow one though...

But yeah, I love it. I swear by Cosmetic Warrior face mask, I get quite spotty at "that time of the month" and it clears my skin up a treat.
Reply 63
K@
OP
:bawling: I trekked all the way to Lush yesterday and they didn't have any ocean salt or the strokes. Grrrr. You'd expect it being the nearest shop to the factory to have pretty much everything in stock. But NO! Grrr. The lady who works there (who knows who I am :blushing:) told me I should mail-order, err NO, pay £5 for it to travel round the corner when I can buy it in my shop with no added extra cost. Somestimes Lush annoys me.... :mad:
Hi, i work at the new LUSH STORE IN DONCASTER, i really love every single product and i actually mean it, id never been to a store before and on teh training day it was like i died and went to heaven haha xx
Reply 65
I absolutely love Lush. I spend at least £20 a time when I go there [Swansea has no Lush, nearest one is Cardiff]

My absolute favourite product is Hot Java [bath bomb] but they've discontinued it now, so I've been stocking up! Other than that I love my American Cream conditioner. It smells so yummy!
Reply 66
Oh I have a thing for the lemony things at the minute use the veganese conditioner as I found American Dream too heavy for my hair. Got some marlyn but yet to use it. I love the flying fox shower gel. I went in today and got a chocolate face mask forgotten the name already, a heart shaped massage bar which smells of honey and a lemony soap. God I'm useless with the names of them.
Reply 67
button16
Oh I have a thing for the lemony things at the minute use the veganese conditioner as I found American Dream too heavy for my hair. Got some marlyn but yet to use it. I love the flying fox shower gel. I went in today and got a chocolate face mask forgotten the name already, a heart shaped massage bar which smells of honey and a lemony soap. God I'm useless with the names of them.

Face Mask = Cupcake
Massage Bar = Soft Coeur
Soap = Bohemian Lemon

I only know this because I have all of them...

I'm running out of Ocean Salt though, so I'll have to buy moooore!

Oooh, and a holiday essential for everyone. DREAM CREAM body lotion. Good for sunburn, heat rash etc...Seriously, I used it when I was in Spain last week and my heat rash went within 2 days. Amazing stuff.
hafz
anyone tried the henna hair dye there? any good?

Yeh, i really liked them. I have dark brown hair and used i think it was the caca marron (can't spell it!) and it was really good, gave my hair a lovely warm redish tone, it's quite subtle and it also makes your hair really shiny and just lovely really!
I love lush! Love the smell when you walk past.
I went to a Lush in London the other day and next door to it I went into B never too busy to be beautiful, i think that's what it's called and it's soooo cool! It's mostly make up and it's Lush's sister company. The shop was just so pretty! Flowers and pretty things on the walls (i'm so easily pleased!) And all the make up is in gorgeous little jewelled pots, ahhh, i wanted to buy everything!!
I hope there's a Lush near me when I go to uni!
X
Reply 69
So good.
Yar! Shampoo bars are great. I use Irresistable Bliss, makes my hair so shiny and soft!
Reply 71
r0manticide17
Yar! Shampoo bars are great. I use Irresistable Bliss, makes my hair so shiny and soft!

Yes! It's brilliant. Discontinued now though, which sucks. :frown:

I only started using it because my boyfriend bought me the Think Pink hatbox and it was in there. It smells so yummy too.
Reply 72
whenever i get taken in there i instantly feel sick, i cant stay in there for more than 5 minutes without starting to feel lightheaded. Thus the actual shop i hate with a passion. The stuff gals come out of there with tho can be quite nice. obviously i dont actually use it as its usually a bit...feminine (just needed to point this out)
Reply 73
i lovee the lipbalms so so much! they are like your putting something of the softness of clouds all over your lips ah!
Reply 74
god i love lush!
Today I got bohemian lemon soap (which smells lush :rolleyes: it smells like freshly made lemonade), i got the new mud flats soap which Purify your body because its a deep cleansing, detoxifying & stimulating soap.
erm i got ambrosia shaving cream and cosmetic warrior face mask stuff cos ive got a few spots, it doesnt smell too bad considering it has garlic, tea tree oil and honey in it
Reply 75
I ADORE it
Reply 76
never been in one but it certainly has an intoxicating smell within a 100 yard radius.

do they actually sell anything for men? i wouldnt mind nipping in one day but fear looking like a bit of a tool and end up buying some expensive soap which is really for women and will leave me smelling a bit, erm, feminine.
Reply 77
neal.
never been in one but it certainly has an intoxicating smell within a 100 yard radius.

do they actually sell anything for men? i wouldnt mind nipping in one day but fear looking like a bit of a tool and end up buying some expensive soap which is really for women and will leave me smelling a bit, erm, feminine.

they sell men shaving cream or moisteriser or something. i saw it today. it was in the skin care section you'd just have to go in there and look. it said it was for men.
i love the smell. its great and means the shop is easy to find,. just follow the scent :biggrin:
I LOVE LUSSSSSH

i am so glad this is a thread lol! i have a serious addiction. My mum got me onto the stuff as shes into the whole "natural products thing"

I use Godiva Shampoo bar which makes my hair smell like Jasmine tea. i also use Big which you use twice, wash it once, then rince then wash again. Sounds weird and wastefull but its not. You use a little bit. And i swear! It makes even my limp hair HUGE! and it smells like heaven

For my face i use Ocean Salt which is like a cocktail!

Fve soaps are sandstone and Mud Flats.

People are saying things are expensive, i guess they are a little more than normal things but they last soooo long. I swear. The shampoo bars last me about 2 months! and i use them once everyday lol.
Reply 79
K@
OP
Finally got hold of a wee pot of ocean salt (it's rubbish how my nearest shop is also the nearest shop to the factory/warehouse but they never seem to have what I want...) but haven't used it yet as it's at home and I'm house-sitting.

It does last agggesss PC, I cut a slice off my friends coal face and I use it every day, twice a day and it's still pretty much the same size!

I love Lush. :love:

How about a Lush Soc?

Quick Reply

Latest