The Student Room Group

NUs -HMV

Sorry if this is in the wrong place - I didn't really know where to put it.

I'm trying to use my NUS card on the HMV site but when I type in the card number it says that it's not a valid NUS number. IS this because it's an associate card? If so why do I always get the discount in store.

Has anyone tried getting NUS discount on the HMV site before?
Reply 1
How are you typing it in? Some sites want the number with spaces or little -'s and others want no space or lines just the whole number.
Sorry if this is completly wrong, but it might be the same...

When I came to using it for Amazon, they asked me to go onto the NUS site, put in my number (or whatever) and they get me the code to use online.

Might be the same for HMV? apologies if it's not.
Reply 3
Thank you! I'll try that now.
Reply 4
Oh and there's no spaces or lines in the number, it's just one really long number.
Um, I thought for HMV you had to use a HMV student card. I do have a NUS card and a HMV student card, but I've never tried either.
Reply 6
hey i work at hmv

yea hmv have their own student card, if you go to a store and show them your NUS card they should give you a HMV student card :biggrin:
Reply 7
When I try typing it in it says 'The NUS, HSBC Graduate, HMV Student or HMV Game Card Number entered does not exist'.

On the Amazon site does it link straight to the NUS site because I don't think there's anything on the NUS site which lets you get a code.
Reply 8
leot123
hey i work at hmv

yea hmv have their own student card, if you go to a store and show them your NUS card they should give you a HMV student card :biggrin:

Thankyou!
x_Daisy_x

On the Amazon site does it link straight to the NUS site because I don't think there's anything on the NUS site which lets you get a code.

No. When I was trying to use it on Amazon it wasn't working so I looked at the site and saw something like "activate your card for Amazon...etc etc to get your promotional code..." so just did that.

Maybe it's not the same for HMV :confused: Sounds strange though...

Latest

Trending

Trending