The Student Room Group

ACA (ICAEW) after ACCA?

Doing ACCA right now, and im in my last few papers and i want to do ACA after im done with ACCA.

Firstly, I want to know if there's any huge advantage in completing ACA after ACCA in UK?

Secondly, Ive heard if you claim exemptions for ACA while you are an ACCA student (not having passed all acca papers) you dont have to pay for the exemptions but obviously you wont be able to get all the exemptions since you havent passed all the papers. Is this true? and i heard that this policy is only valid till the end of the year.. Is that true too?

Thirdly, How difficult is it for a person who is from Asia to get training for ACA in the big 4 in UK? I dont have any experience since the culture where i come from, People dont usually work untill they have got their qualifications. Is that going to put me on the back foot to get training for ACA in UK? Because from what ive heard, in UK people start doing jobs when their 16 even.

Fourth, Is it possible to get a training contract first and THEN come to UK? Im guessing not..

And lastly, If you do get a training contract, What sort of a salary do you get? Im asking because if i do make it over to UK then finances will be a major issue.
Reply 1
Although I am not an expert (so please correct me if I am wrong) there is very little point in doing the ACA after ACCA. They're both accounting qualifications and the differences in between them aren't that great. Work experience is far more important.
Reply 2
Yeap, Thats what i've heard though.

But i still want to go ahead with ACA because even though in UK they are both pretty much equivalent its not quite the case in asian countries like Pakistan. They for some reason value ACA or CA higher then ACCA, which is the reason why i want to go for ACA after ACCA so i can get the best of both worlds.
Reply 3
ShahidAfridi10
Doing ACCA right now, and im in my last few papers and i want to do ACA after im done with ACCA.

Firstly, I want to know if there's any huge advantage in completing ACA after ACCA in UK?

Secondly, Ive heard if you claim exemptions for ACA while you are an ACCA student (not having passed all acca papers) you dont have to pay for the exemptions but obviously you wont be able to get all the exemptions since you havent passed all the papers. Is this true? and i heard that this policy is only valid till the end of the year.. Is that true too?

Thirdly, How difficult is it for a person who is from Asia to get training for ACA in the big 4 in UK? I dont have any experience since the culture where i come from, People dont usually work untill they have got their qualifications. Is that going to put me on the back foot to get training for ACA in UK? Because from what ive heard, in UK people start doing jobs when their 16 even.

Fourth, Is it possible to get a training contract first and THEN come to UK? Im guessing not..

And lastly, If you do get a training contract, What sort of a salary do you get? Im asking because if i do make it over to UK then finances will be a major issue.

No.

Sorry, I don't know.

I don't know but I guess the recruiters are looking for at least some work experience.

Regarding the salary, it depends. Using the search function might help you.