The Student Room Group

maximum withdrawal over the counter at natwest?

I need to go into natwest tomorrow or the day after and withdraw £1975 in cash to pay for a car that i put down a deposit for on monday.

I know i will need to bring ID with me but wondered if there was a limit for money over the counter or if i needed to ring in advance etc?

im planning to ring them tonight if no one knows the answer but hoped that someone might save me the phone call, the long hold and the cost of phoneing them?

:smile:
Reply 1
I would call them regardless.

I do remember hearing "if it's over £1500, we need 24 hours notice" but that might be HSBC.
Reply 2
Ive taken out large sums of money from Natwest, the last one was £3,000. Didnt need any notice for any of them, I just went in on the day.
Reply 3
My bank says £300 cash each day, so I would definitely give them a ring first
Reply 4
Have you considered paying with a Banker's Draft? That'd seem quite a bit safer and easier than walking around with £2k in cash.
Reply 5
Original post by nikki_louise
I need to go into natwest tomorrow or the day after and withdraw £1975 in cash to pay for a car that i put down a deposit for on monday.

I know i will need to bring ID with me but wondered if there was a limit for money over the counter or if i needed to ring in advance etc?

im planning to ring them tonight if no one knows the answer but hoped that someone might save me the phone call, the long hold and the cost of phoneing them?

:smile:
i need to the same on monday but for £3,500 or £3000 do u think i can get it their and then if i bring two forms of ID?
Original post by Jay BFD
i need to the same on monday but for £3,500 or £3000 do u think i can get it their and then if i bring two forms of ID?

They let me get something like that out at the counter at Natwest

They checked ID carefully and asked lots of stupid question, but other than that was OK
its a bank. its your money.
are you really telling me you will have a problem withdrawing?

people can withdraw £10,000+ with little to no notice.
£1,500 is literary... child's play.
Reply 8
Original post by jacketpotato
They let me get something like that out at the counter at Natwest

They checked ID carefully and asked lots of stupid question, but other than that was OK

i got it out last week after ringing them and them telling me they didnt need to be pre-warned.
i took down id but they never asked for it, just gave me the money with no questions!

kind of worried me a bit...
Reply 9
Hmm, if all else fails withdraw as much as you can then walk outside and use the ATM to withdraw the rest. Apparently I could only withdraw £300 per day, however I went to the ATM, withdrew £300 then put my card in and could withdraw another £300 :smile:
i would like to withdraw a large sum from nat west i want to know how much and the prosedure
Please check thread dates before posting.

Latest