The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Appeals

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could tell me how long it takes for a response of an appeal to come back? Im sending an appeal but ideally would like to get a reply before the start of term/when I need to return (a week on Friday) but ive heard that id be lucky to get an outcome within a year? :confused:
I was just wondering whether its worth rushing the appeal and sending it off as soon as possible or waiting out a few more days, I wanted to send it today but then I could do with speaking to some more people.
Basically, has anyone got any experience with them? :redface:

Cheers
Reply 1
Original post by THRASHx
Hello,

I was wondering if someone could tell me how long it takes for a response of an appeal to come back? Im sending an appeal but ideally would like to get a reply before the start of term/when I need to return (a week on Friday) but ive heard that id be lucky to get an outcome within a year? :confused:
I was just wondering whether its worth rushing the appeal and sending it off as soon as possible or waiting out a few more days, I wanted to send it today but then I could do with speaking to some more people.
Basically, has anyone got any experience with them? :redface:

Cheers

What's the appeal? You can't appeal a matter of academic judgement (ie an exam or essay grade) so if you are appealing against someone/people's actions then I don't think there is a standard response time. Perhaps ask the DSU?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Im appealing because I had mitigating circumstances which werent brought to light before the exams or the resits, I know I can appeal this with the evidence I have but I just wanted some general information from somebody who has appealed before.

I now understand it will take about 6 weeks for a response but what do I do in the meantime? :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending