The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Subject: PGCE Secondary Physical Education
Universitys: Edge Hill, Leeds Met, Chester & Sheffield Hallam
Date Sent: 6th October

Weird going through all of the emotions already! Started off excited and convinced myself that I had a great chance, now reading other people's experience etc feeling quite pessimistic.
Subject: PGCE Science (Physics)
Universitys: Cambridge, Plymouth, Kings College London, Birmingham
Date Sent: 13th October

Anyone else applying for Science? Doesn't look very popular on here, so am hoping this means it's not too much competition :smile:
Original post by juicyfruit
Subject: PGCE Science (Physics)
Universitys: Cambridge, Plymouth, Kings College London, Birmingham
Date Sent: 13th October

Anyone else applying for Science? Doesn't look very popular on here, so am hoping this means it's not too much competition :smile:

Meee... although not ready to send mine of for at least another week yet!
Reply 23
When is a good time to send an application for secondary? Or when do you hear back/get interview/most courses get full up/when are places given/when do you find out etc?

Obviously ASAP but there isn't a deadline as such unlike primary right?
Reply 24
Subject: PGCE Primary

Universitys: Birmingham City University and the University of Worcester

Date Sent: Sent to Referee on 12/10/11 and sent on 14/10/11

xo
Subject: PGCE Secondary Maths
Universities: IOE, South Bank, St Marys, Newman
Date sent: 14th October
Original post by Gkef
When is a good time to send an application for secondary? Or when do you hear back/get interview/most courses get full up/when are places given/when do you find out etc?

Obviously ASAP but there isn't a deadline as such unlike primary right?

It depends on the course. Some fill up quickly, others don't. They look at applications as they come in, unlike undergrad
Subject: PGCE Secondary English
Universities: UWE, Bath Spa, Plymouth
Date Sent: 15th October

Good luck everyone!
In terms of last year, when did people start to hear back from places?
Last year will be different cos of the issues that GTTR had with the application system
Reply 30
Original post by *Interrobang*
Last year will be different cos of the issues that GTTR had with the application system

What I do hope is that they don't delay making any interviews until January/February like it is suggested on GTTR and on the welcome letter.
Reply 31
Subject: History

Universities: Edinburgh, Glasgow, Strathclyde and Aberdeen

Date Sent: 15/10/11

So glad the application is done, I've been preoccupied with it for weeks!

Universitys: University of Worcester and Newman University College

Date Sent: 17/10/2011, just now in fact :biggrin:

Good luck everyone! So glad it's in now :smile:
Reply 33
Quite a large number of PGCE Primary applicants on TSR - Have a missed something? I underestimated it's appeal. I'm applying for PGCE Secondary History
Finally submitted after what seemed like an eternity waiting for reference to be completed (it was only 8 days but seemed much longer!)

Subject: Secondary English

Universities: Chichester, Brighton, Portsmouth

Date Sent: 18/10/2011

Fingers crossed and good luck to all :smile:
Anyone had any correspondence from universities yet? Anyone been offered an interview yet?
It's my second year applying, however last year I made the silly mistake of applying for PGCE History when it was not what I really wanted. Hopefully, I'll have more luck this year, knowing exactly what I want to do! Good luck everyone :smile:

Universities: Roehampton University and the University of East London.

Date Sent: To GTTR on 17/10/2011.
I want to... in the year 2015 ^^ hehe
Original post by doingmybest
It's my second year applying, however last year I made the silly mistake of applying for PGCE History when it was not what I really wanted. Hopefully, I'll have more luck this year, knowing exactly what I want to do! Good luck everyone :smile:

Universities: Roehampton University and the University of East London.

Date Sent: To GTTR on 17/10/2011.

Hi,
I do BA Primary Education at Roehampton.
Let me know if you have any questions at all.
Good luck with your application!
Reply 39
Dear all,

I am in the early stages of thinking about applying for the Primary PGCE. I am a graduate but for various reasons do not intend to apply till 2012 at the earliest.

I was wondering what factors motivated you to select particular universities/courses to study at?

I am aware that many of you will have chosen univerisities close to home, but how much did overall university league rankings matter? How much did course rankings matter? Do factors like whether it is a red-brick university matter in this kind of thing? Or is the Ofsted report given much more significant?

I suppose what I'm really asking is will where I studied be important to Primary Schools to whom I apply for jobs with? If someone could give me some indication of what Primary School would be looking for that would be fab.

Cheers.

p.s. Best of luck with your applications!

Latest

Trending

Trending