AS Grades: AABD
A2 Predications: A* A* B

Huddersfield: conditional 320 - firm
Northumbria: conditional 320 - withdrawn
Norwich University College of Art: conditional 300 withdrawn
Lincoln: conditional 320 - insurance
Sheffield Hallam: 300 - withdrawn

Cheers :smile:

All done. Yay finally found someone else is applying for Architecture at Lincoln. Ive put it as my insurance as well :biggrin:
Reply 42
Hi there :smile:

Yeh, Lincoln is a really nice place, I prefer smaller town Unis as opposed to city ones as im from a rural background, they had a lot of nice accommodation options too. What is your first choice?
Reply 43
Yeah it is. My first choice is Kent :biggrin:
Reply 44
npaul4, I saw that you are putting down Kent as your firm?? Have you been to visit are will you be going to visit?? I'm goig to the open day on 7th MArch and I really hope I like it!!!
Reply 45
Original post by chokoishii
npaul4, I saw that you are putting down Kent as your firm?? Have you been to visit are will you be going to visit?? I'm goig to the open day on 7th MArch and I really hope I like it!!!

I went to an open day last year for kent and basically fell in love with it :tongue: its a really neat uni with lots of grass areas and canterbury isfull of uni students so there's a good atmosphere :biggrin:

I also love the Architecture course that Kent offer, it seems a very hands on type of course. They had all the end of year displays up when I visited and they were all so much more exciting than the projects that I had seen from other Uni's.
Reply 46
anybody knows how much are the costs for buying stuff for attending the course of architecture?
stuff like ,printing or doing architectural models ?
also anybody knows whether the field trips that uni's usually organise to other places,are paid extra by us?
Reply 47
Original post by npaul4
I went to an open day last year for kent and basically fell in love with it :tongue: its a really neat uni with lots of grass areas and canterbury isfull of uni students so there's a good atmosphere :biggrin:

I also love the Architecture course that Kent offer, it seems a very hands on type of course. They had all the end of year displays up when I visited and they were all so much more exciting than the projects that I had seen from other Uni's.

Heyy Ivejust been to visit today!! The uni was not as nice (probably dues to the nasty weather) as I expected but the facilities are good and te course sounds really good compared to other unis!! :smile:
Reply 48
Original post by chokoishii
Heyy Ivejust been to visit today!! The uni was not as nice (probably dues to the nasty weather) as I expected but the facilities are good and te course sounds really good compared to other unis!! :smile:

Yeah, its a neat uni but I guess its not the best looking. I think its because its not really old and its not ultra modern either so there isnt that wow factor. Having said that, when I went it was a gorgeous sunny day and we sat on the grass for lunch and the trees were all really colourful, so it was hard not to fall in love with it really :tongue:
Reply 49
Original post by ioikonomou
anybody knows how much are the costs for buying stuff for attending the course of architecture?
also anybody knows whether the field trips that uni's usually organise to other places,are paid extra by us?

Im not sure either sorry. I was thinking about this a while ago as, Architecture must be one of the most expensive courses :frown:
Reply 50
Original post by npaul4
Im not sure either sorry. I was thinking about this a while ago as, Architecture must be one of the most expensive courses :frown:

Really depends on the uni so if money an issue I would research into the costs for where you're going. Printing for us is around £1.10 A1 if you provide the paper, £1.60-£4.00 if not, model making is EXPENSIVE, no getting around this really unless your uni provides materials. Laser cutting around £10 p/h, again you provide materials. Field trips paid for by you. Although as I said this can vary massively depending on where you study, do your homework uni specific, hope that kind of helps
Reply 51
Original post by squiddly
Really depends on the uni so if money an issue I would research into the costs for where you're going. Printing for us is around £1.10 A1 if you provide the paper, £1.60-£4.00 if not, model making is EXPENSIVE, no getting around this really unless your uni provides materials. Laser cutting around £10 p/h, again you provide materials. Field trips paid for by you. Although as I said this can vary massively depending on where you study, do your homework uni specific, hope that kind of helps

Thanks, I know that it will differ but its nice to have a rough estimate. Looks like I'm right when I said Architecture is going to be an expensive course :frown: Hopefully its worth it though :tongue:
Reply 52

Really helpful!thanks a lot! At which uni are you? For example one uni that im thinking of going is lincon coz i have an unconditional from it,and as I know they dont provide anything,i thik so. So around how much do you spend per month?
Seems like quite expensive:frown: :frown:
Reply 53
Really helpful!thanks a lot! At which uni are you? For example one uni that im thinking of going is lincon coz i have an unconditional from it,and as I know they dont provide anything,i thik so. So around how much do you spend per month?
Seems like quite expensive:frown: :frown:

I'm at Greenwich. It's hard to say as some months you'll hardly spend anything (I have A3 printer at home so print on this for tutorials). For a crit I will usually print A2 which can cost around £25 (and you end up binning the work as needs changing etc). Portfolio print out can cost anything from £50-£100 for me. I am actually going to buy an A1 printer as it will save so much stress. The thing which I didn't mention before was BOOKS. You will spend a lot of money on books, and even on ebay this can rack up. I've spent £30 on books in the past week. My unit is all computer based this year so I don't even need to pay for pens, A1 drawing board etc, all of this stuff costs a small fortune. Architecture is a very expensive degree unfortunately, but only buy as you need, don't go out and buy everything on the equipment list as chances are you won't use half of it...
Reply 54
I'm at Greenwich. It's hard to say as some months you'll hardly spend anything (I have A3 printer at home so print on this for tutorials). For a crit I will usually print A2 which can cost around £25 (and you end up binning the work as needs changing etc). Portfolio print out can cost anything from £50-£100 for me. I am actually going to buy an A1 printer as it will save so much stress. The thing which I didn't mention before was BOOKS. You will spend a lot of money on books, and even on ebay this can rack up. I've spent £30 on books in the past week. My unit is all computer based this year so I don't even need to pay for pens, A1 drawing board etc, all of this stuff costs a small fortune. Architecture is a very expensive degree unfortunately, but only buy as you need, don't go out and buy everything on the equipment list as chances are you won't use half of it...

aha ok.i will have in mind wht u mentioned:smile: thanks for the info!
so Greenwich! london....!? right? ,i got accepted also at london at westminster actually. do u enjoy life there?:smile:
Reply 55
aha ok.i will have in mind wht u mentioned:smile: thanks for the info!
so Greenwich! london....!? right? ,i got accepted also at london at westminster actually. do u enjoy life there?:smile:

London is amazing. Offer from Westminster is good. Greenwich and Westminster are similar, my tutor also teaches there although Westminster is more highly regarded than Greenwich! Good luck with wherever you choose!

It really depends where you go, some courses subsidise printing and material cost more than others. For example at Newcastle they say the cost of printing is much higher because it isn't subsidised as heavily as Northumbria for example. They say it is because they spend more on tutors, but who knows!

However this year, when fees go up some printing and material costs will be paid for you, or will be put on a university card for you to use when you want. This is definitely the case at Sheffield and Newcastle sent me an email saying something similar, so I'm sure most will do the same. Also Sheffield said that they include some of the trips in the cost of the course now, the ones which are needed for the course anyway.
Reply 57
London is amazing. Offer from Westminster is good. Greenwich and Westminster are similar, my tutor also teaches there although Westminster is more highly regarded than Greenwich! Good luck with wherever you choose!

im just finishing first yr at westminster, it good. The tutors are hard but fair, so expect to put the work in and you'll be fine. Westminster is handy for exhibitions and inspirational visits, as you're already in town.
Reply 58
Please could you add me?

Predicted Grades A*AA
The Glasgow School of Art ABB- firmed
Reply 59
Hi! I have a conditional from London met and another from Westminster, I heard that London met (eventhough it's ranked lower) is way better, any ideas on that?

Quick Reply

Latest