The Student Room Group

Anthropology Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by G.E
seems we're in the same boat, I applied for BA late November too.

Maybe we'll hear today, it's looking like a long awaited offer day :smile:

Where else have you applied?

Ah were you put into gathered field?

Looks unlikely now!

I've also applied to SOAS, Manchester, Sussex and Goldsmiths, yourself?
Reply 581
Original post by Chrsi
Ah were you put into gathered field?

Looks unlikely now!

I've also applied to SOAS, Manchester, Sussex and Goldsmiths, yourself?

Ah man, another missed offer day. No I wasn't (not sure if this is a bad or good thing) were you?

I've applied to Manchester, SOAS, Kent and UCL - Deliberating over SOAS or UCL at the moment.

Did you attend the SOAS insight day?
Finally received an offer from St Andrews after thinking they had forgotten about me haha :smile:
Reply 583
St Andrews offer :biggrin: now for the most difficult decision of my life. St A's, LSE or Durham... any advice??
Reply 584
Original post by G.E
Ah man, another missed offer day. No I wasn't (not sure if this is a bad or good thing) were you?

I've applied to Manchester, SOAS, Kent and UCL - Deliberating over SOAS or UCL at the moment.

Did you attend the SOAS insight day?

Yeah i was.. I'm not sure whether it's good or bad either..

Yes I was, I was the lone Chinese guy there haha, I'm guessing you were too?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 585
Original post by Chrsi
Yeah i was.. I'm not sure whether it's good or bad either..

Yes I was, I was the lone Chinese guy there haha, I'm guessing you were too?

Indeed I was (I was a lone ranger too haha) I was sitting at the front by the projector - I thought the taster lectures were amazing!

Definitely feeling swayed towards SOAS at the moment

But I do hope LSE gets back to us soon - it'll be so nice to have the option
Reply 586
Original post by G.E
Indeed I was (I was a lone ranger too haha) I was sitting at the front by the projector - I thought the taster lectures were amazing!

Definitely feeling swayed towards SOAS at the moment

But I do hope LSE gets back to us soon - it'll be so nice to have the option

Oh really? I think I might have been sitting directly behind you at some point.. Haha
Yeah they were ^^ I really liked Magnus hehe :P

Yup we will hear at the same time probably! 8 more days no stress! :smile:
Reply 587
Original post by Chrsi
Oh really? I think I might have been sitting directly behind you at some point.. Haha
Yeah they were ^^ I really liked Magnus hehe :P

Yup we will hear at the same time probably! 8 more days no stress! :smile:

Oh I see, it's a shame I didn't spot you, it would have been nice to chat to someone else who came on their own.

Ah that's so exciting! I'm going to Vietnam on Tuesday...so I'm guessing I will be hearing the verdict far from home haha.

I think if I get a offer from LSE i'll still firm SOAS...(crazy I know) So good luck! If it comes down to it I hope you get a offer over me :smile:
Got a conditional offer for Anthropology & International Development at Sussex last week, which I've now firmed... excited. Is anyone else going there ?
Reply 589
Unsuccessful from LSE so I've firmed SOAS and put Manchester as my insurance, anyone else the same or similar? :smile:
Reply 590
Original post by Chrsi
Unsuccessful from LSE so I've firmed SOAS and put Manchester as my insurance, anyone else the same or similar? :smile:

Exactly the same, haven't done it on UCAS tho because i haven't seen Manchester yet!
Reply 591
Rejection from LSE too, Good luck everyone still waiting!
Reply 592
Original post by karousel
Got a conditional offer for Anthropology & International Development at Sussex last week, which I've now firmed... excited. Is anyone else going there ?

Yes, I am. Only its Anthropology and Spanish for me :smile: Were you at the admissions day on thursday?
Reply 593
Anyone doing forensic anthropology at LJMU?? :smile:
Reply 594
Applied to Oxford Brookes, Aberdeen, Durham, Manchester and Edinburgh. Waiting on Durham to reply while Edinburgh rejected me.

Jealous of all of you who got into SOAS. I thought I would surely not get in so didn't even apply. stupid of me.
Original post by fbear
Applied to Oxford Brookes, Aberdeen, Durham, Manchester and Edinburgh. Waiting on Durham to reply while Edinburgh rejected me.

Jealous of all of you who got into SOAS. I thought I would surely not get in so didn't even apply. stupid of me.

Any ideas on what you'd like to put as firm and insurance? (Come to Manchester)
Reply 596
Original post by takethyfacehence
Any ideas on what you'd like to put as firm and insurance? (Come to Manchester)

Still pretty clueless. Debating between Aberdeen and Manchester from what I have got so far. (unconditional offers so no insurances iirc)
Original post by fbear
Still pretty clueless. Debating between Aberdeen and Manchester from what I have got so far. (unconditional offers so no insurances iirc)

Ahh, nice one, I guess that makes it all a bit more final though, it's a bit scary when you finally put your choice(s) in on UCAS (or at least it was for me, as any major decision I make, I suddenly intensely doubt everything I think I know)

Good luck for your Durham reply coming in anyway and if you do end up at Manchester I'll see you there!
Reply 598
Original post by takethyfacehence
Ahh, nice one, I guess that makes it all a bit more final though, it's a bit scary when you finally put your choice(s) in on UCAS (or at least it was for me, as any major decision I make, I suddenly intensely doubt everything I think I know)

Good luck for your Durham reply coming in anyway and if you do end up at Manchester I'll see you there!

thanks. yeah, the finality of it is gonna be a bit unsettling.
Firmed Cambridge and insured Durham.

Good luck to those still waiting to hear and good luck to everyone working to meet their grades.

EDIT - Not entirely sure why I was negged for this...
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending