The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by multiplexing-gamer
That was me :colone:

I blame you! :biggrin: Polluting my brain with the wrong information with your subliminal messages in order to make me look ignorant, when in fact I pay 100% attention 100% of the time :angelblush:

I thought you wanted to get into Engineering? What's with the Geography?
Original post by Fulfill_dreams015
It's alright! I probably feel the same way about Physics and sometimes Maths. But still Literature is better than Language; you don't have to worry about purpose/audience/colours < all that rubbish!

Still even if I was bad at a subject it is unfortunate that it had to be Maths! I would've chosen it for A-levels if I was good at :frown:

I detest both English's, Literature more so! :frown:

Well, Maths isn't for everyone really is it! What grade are you expected to get?
Geography = legends :smug:
what's everyone's thoughts on taking art & design a level? too much, too pointless unless i'm definitely considering to go into something that involves it? hmph
Original post by myyrealname
what's everyone's thoughts on taking art & design a level? too much, too pointless unless i'm definitely considering to go into something that involves it? hmph

Well it all depends doesn't it? What else will you be taking alongside it? Do you want to go to University? If yes, do you have an idea of what you would like to study and what career path you would like to follow?

too much hard work, i'm doing GCSE,and I have spoken to the A-Level art class, they say do it if you are really passionate for it.
Original post by CharlieBoardman

Well, Maths isn't for everyone really is it! What grade are you expected to get?

A B :frown:

But I am retaking one of the units.

What do you think an A, C, A would be overall? Or how about an A*,C,A?
I'd probably have to work damn hard to get a decent grade in Maths though!
Well it all depends doesn't it? What else will you be taking alongside it? Do you want to go to University? If yes, do you have an idea of what you would like to study and what career path you would like to follow?

Of course haha, well currently I've put down to do biology, chemistry, maths and art. I'm considering either medicine/dentistry or architecture - but law if i want to do something completely different. I have a placement for work experience in July for architecture, to know whether I really want to consider it, but if not I would take economics in it's place. Think I've just answered my own question, whooops. Having said that, ideally, I would take biology, chemistry, economics and art!

I blame you! :biggrin: Polluting my brain with the wrong information with your subliminal messages in order to make me look ignorant, when in fact I pay 100% attention 100% of the time :angelblush:

I thought you wanted to get into Engineering? What's with the Geography?

It can come in useful with Civil Engineering, designing bridges and stuff as you need to know about the natural enviroment and how strucutres can handle different land forms etc... I wanted to be varied, I may change my mind in the future. Also, I find it really easy, easy A*. So the more A's at A-level the better it looks when applying at Uni. My dad says you need two hard options (Maths and Physics) and two subjects which aren't too hard and wont take all your time up (Economics and Geography). I also change my mind often and may want to do Economics at Uni..
That was me :colone:

:biggrin:

It all depends on the actual UMS scores you get, and what the grade boundaries are..
If you got 2 High A's and a high C, you get a better grade than if you got two Low A's and a Low C.. Find out your UMS scores on each paper, and discuss the boundaries with your teacher :smile:

You are above average though, the average is a C.
Well i'm off :colone: I edited the first page :tongue:
Of course haha, well currently I've put down to do biology, chemistry, maths and art. I'm considering either medicine/dentistry or architecture - but law if i want to do something completely different. I have a placement for work experience in July for architecture, to know whether I really want to consider it, but if not I would take economics in it's place. Think I've just answered my own question, whooops. Having said that, ideally, I would take biology, chemistry, economics and art!

Well, you really are varied!! Keeping your options open aren't you! :P Art would only really benefit you for Architecture. Well, you have a while to decide what you would like to take yet, so there's no rush. Make your mind up after your work placement :smile:

However, I wouldn't drop maths. Maths biology and chemistry all all STEM Subject, which are the most respected by Universities. I'm not saying that economics is a really bad option, but maths would do you more justice IMO.

You are above average though, the average is a C.

:frown: It's my only C
It can come in useful with Civil Engineering, designing bridges and stuff as you need to know about the natural enviroment and how strucutres can handle different land forms etc... I wanted to be varied, I may change my mind in the future. Also, I find it really easy, easy A*. So the more A's at A-level the better it looks when applying at Uni. My dad says you need two hard options (Maths and Physics) and two subjects which aren't too hard and wont take all your time up (Economics and Geography). I also change my mind often and may want to do Economics at Uni..

Ah I see! Well, you obviously know a lot more about engineering than myself! I see what your dad is saying, but wouldn't you have a better chance taking 3 hard subjects? Most people who compete for top universities are taking 3 or more hard courses, and I think you'd stand a better chance if you took a third hard course? Is there not another science which you enjoy?

Also, you don't actually need A-Level economics to study it at University do you?
Original post by blueray
Well i'm off :colone: I edited the first page :tongue:

:laugh: Lovely edits there!
:frown: It's my only C

Well, I can only suggest you have a word with your teacher, and worse your arse off in your next maths exam :biggrin:
I think I'm gonna have to be posting a bit more frequently to get into the top 5 methinks :colone:

I strongly suggest you retake you one the units, but it depends on the weighting of the exams and what grade you want.
Original post by blueray

loving the front page :biggrin: and yes, I am a red! :biggrin:

Latest