The Student Room Group

C3 ocr mei june 21st 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hprmc
hhaha... how did you get your 1.5 ? cos i actually got -1.5 haha. im scared ive lost all the marks for the question :s-smilie:
I got -1.5 by integrating tangent, then integrating the original graph, then taking the area of the graph away from the tangent.

How can you have negative area?
Reply 201
Original post by verello12
How can you have negative area?

It is acceptable to have a negative value for the area, it just represents area in the negative axi but as area can only be positive you just ignore the negative sign.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 202
Original post by ray_charlene
BTW, what did you guys get for the coursework?
I got 16/18, made me feel a bit relieved after C4 exam because I left a few answers in section B blank, the coursework might not be helping too much but better than nothing.

Haha snap I also got 16/18

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio
Reply 203
Have a feeling that an A-60/72 LOL I still made a few silly mistakes does anyone have the paper please I'm sure everyone would like it just to count up their marks :biggrin:
Reply 204
Original post by Funkyhouse
Have a feeling that an A-60/72 LOL I still made a few silly mistakes does anyone have the paper please I'm sure everyone would like it just to count up their marks :biggrin:

There's a full markscheme around page 7

Reply 205
Original post by themath
There's a full markscheme around page 7

Oh yh thank yo u i've seen it i just wanted to see the marks per question :smile:
Hey guys, I reckon I perhaps got about 60/72 in this core 3 paper and approximately 73/90 in core 4. What UMS and grades will those marks give me do you think? Grade boundaries are quite unpredictable from year on year. I reallllllllllyyyyyyy need an A in A2.
Original post by Jam'
By proof they were looking for a general case. If f(x)=g(x) then f(x)g(x) = f2(x) so you haven't proven much tbh and your conclusions cannot be extended to a general case; what if f(x) =/= g(x); does it still work?

yours still isnt right its because both f(x) and g(x) are odd so f(-x)=-f(x) and g(-x)=-g(x)
and so p(-x)= -f(x) * -g(x)= f(x)g(x)=p(x)
Reply 208
Hey guys, I am also doing c3, if u need any help just send a post, I would love to help u, If I could not help then the other students on this forum might help. I know this is quite late now, but I am going to attach a file that u might find very useful.
Reply 209
Original post by yeahmon123
Hey guys, I reckon I perhaps got about 60/72 in this core 3 paper and approximately 73/90 in core 4. What UMS and grades will those marks give me do you think? Grade boundaries are quite unpredictable from year on year. I reallllllllllyyyyyyy need an A in A2.

What did you get in the coursework? if you got 15 considering that many people found it ok/easy then prob an A-80ums. C4 I think you are probably looking at definitely an A but somewhere between maybe 82-86 ums (or possibly more i;m using that an a-70/90) :biggrin: But I', 80% sure you got an A for both these exams. Same i predicted i got like 60/72 (silly mistakes cost me LOL):smile:
Reply 210
Original post by Aaqil
Hey guys, I am also doing c3, if u need any help just send a post, I would love to help u, If I could not help then the other students on this forum might help. I know this is quite late now, but I am going to attach a file that u might find very useful.

Aw thanks do you have the paper by any chance?
Reply 211
is there ANY chance that the grade boundaries will be 54 for an A? :/
Original post by Polioz
if the thread has 23487923 replies , it was a hard paper and everyone rushes to tsr to hope everyone else found it hard for reasurance. If its easy, ppl just go meh and go off and carry on living :tongue:.

Haha true :tongue: I have a feeling the exam will bite us later though, with painfully high grade boundaries :s-smilie:
What did you get in the coursework? if you got 15 considering that many people found it ok/easy then prob an A-80ums. C4 I think you are probably looking at definitely an A but somewhere between maybe 82-86 ums (or possibly more i;m using that an a-70/90) :biggrin: But I', 80% sure you got an A for both these exams. Same i predicted i got like 60/72 (silly mistakes cost me LOL):smile:

OMG Thanks you've made my day lol, yeah I got 15 on the coursework. Haha same I hate it when that happens, when the daft mistakes cost you crucial marks, you go in all prepared and then come out feeling like an idiot.
Reply 214
Original post by yeahmon123
OMG Thanks you've made my day lol, yeah I got 15 on the coursework. Haha same I hate it when that happens, when the daft mistakes cost you crucial marks, you go in all prepared and then come out feeling like an idiot.

Exactly but even if i scrape an A I will still be very happy :biggrin: Have a happy summer :party2:
Exactly but even if i scrape an A I will still be very happy :biggrin: Have a happy summer :party2:

SAME!!! And you too :smile:
Reply 216
This was a much easier paper than Jan, the only question I couldn't do was the proof ones so I left them out. Lost easy marks on the two 7 markers though, hopefully scrape 3 or 4 out of 7 on each and that'll be a solid ~60/72 paper.
Reply 217
Anyone got the paper?
Reply 218
Hi guys,

I know it sounds stupid now but for 9i) what are the co ordinates for P after the transformation y = 2f(x)?

I left them as they were as i thought they wouldn't change but a few people have said they just multiplied the y coordinate by 2 but surely that would be y = f(x) + 2.

Any help?
Reply 219
Original post by James4821
Hi guys,

I know it sounds stupid now but for 9i) what are the co ordinates for P after the transformation y = 2f(x)?

I left them as they were as i thought they wouldn't change but a few people have said they just multiplied the y coordinate by 2 but surely that would be y = f(x) + 2.

Any help?

y=2f(x) -> stretch in the y-axis, scale factor 2, so yes, you multiply by 2.

y=f(x)+2 -> translation by 2 units in the positive y-direction.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply