The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by humble_bumble
Oooh so many new faces here...I must be the only oldie here :frown:

Apne kamon aso?
:tongue:
Original post by LittleShootingStar*
Are you going to apply? My bengali is worse than the worse person's benagli on this seasons... I don't think i'd want to embarrass myself needlessly! :tongue:

Hey, LittleShootingStar!
How did your first year of med school go?
Original post by Ayesha1234
Lool. Have you applied? Don't think I could handle it tbf

I think they said they r gonna start taking applicants from august, so haven't yet + I don't know if I am eligible as I was born in bangladesh but moved here about 8.5 years ago. I don't think I would do too bad haha but not expecting to win either, which is if I get in on the first place.
Are you going to apply? My bengali is worse than the worse person's benagli on this seasons... I don't think i'd want to embarrass myself needlessly! :tongue:

I should hopefully be okay with bengali language as I did it for GCSE, but still even then I didn't know that 'jalano' also means putting cow's dung in a stick...always thought it meant burning something!

You have to be between the age of 16-20 during the three weeks or so of staying in bangladesh in december so this years my last chance to apply even if they decide to have another season after this.

I am more worried about performing badly in the challenges and about what goes on behind the scene e.g. what r the basic things we r allowed to have in possession and what we would actually need to take etc haha.
I actually, cannot be asked quoting anyone anymore in any thread. :indiff: Just too much to dooo. :cry:

TSR's dry.

Feeell free to PM me instead :smile:
Reply 8465
Original post by DontJudge
I actually, cannot be asked quoting anyone anymore in any thread. :indiff: Just too much to dooo. :cry:

TSR's dry.

ok :smile:
Original post by DontJudge

TSR's dry.

:colonhash:
Original post by Politricks
Hey, LittleShootingStar!
How did your first year of med school go?

Hello! :smile:

And yup first year went very well thanks! :biggrin: How about college?
Original post by greenlantern
I should hopefully be okay with bengali language as I did it for GCSE, but still even then I didn't know that 'jalano' also means putting cow's dung in a stick...always thought it meant burning something!

You have to be between the age of 16-20 during the three weeks or so of staying in bangladesh in december so this years my last chance to apply even if they decide to have another season after this.

I am more worried about performing badly in the challenges and about what goes on behind the scene e.g. what r the basic things we r allowed to have in possession and what we would actually need to take etc haha.

Lol, see at least you had an idea of what jalano meant to begin with... :colondollar:

Ahh i never knew that about the ages, we may be going to bdesh this winter anyway, not that I am very keen about it. My friends are telling me to apply, but like I said i don't want to embarrass myself, and whilst i dont think of myself as squeamish or whatever, I would probably have issue with walking into rivers or whatever like they did in that catching fish challenge.. :P I would probably make someone deaf! You should go for it, you don't lose out on anything, and that money would be sooooooo useful! I could pay off like one year of uni... :P
Hello! :smile:

And yup first year went very well thanks! :biggrin: How about college?

Mine went okay thanks, I'm changing my subjects next year.

How's Ramadan going for you?
What else has changed then? To be honest i didn't notice your red gems or green ones either, if its changed that might mean you're spending far too much time on the internet or this website! :tongue:

Haha, i don't think you'll ever get it :biggrin:

I just keep getting more and more amazing :biggrin:
u shud check the number posts I've done than :colonhash:

yeah I will, trust me :colonhash:
i need to reply yo ur pm, but it's so long :frown:
Lol, see at least you had an idea of what jalano meant to begin with... :colondollar:

Ahh i never knew that about the ages, we may be going to bdesh this winter anyway, not that I am very keen about it. My friends are telling me to apply, but like I said i don't want to embarrass myself, and whilst i dont think of myself as squeamish or whatever, I would probably have issue with walking into rivers or whatever like they did in that catching fish challenge.. :P I would probably make someone deaf! You should go for it, you don't lose out on anything, and that money would be sooooooo useful! I could pay off like one year of uni... :P

I don't think u should let language be your reason for not applying haha I mean most of the contestants in season 1 weren't able to make proper sentences in bengali and I don't think it effected there performance on the challenges either except for the ones where they had to speak in bangla e.g. where they had to do the acting.

Well they do have professionals there for safety and you have to wear lifejackets when involved in activities near large amount of water or so, if thats what is worrying u.

Oh cool u studying medicine! may I ask which uni u go to? I applied for it last year didn't get in :/ so chose to do pharmacy through clearing.
Original post by Politricks
Mine went okay thanks, I'm changing my subjects next year.

How's Ramadan going for you?

Hey, yeah it's going good, I think this is the last ramadhan i'll be at home for :frown: Yesterday was kinda hard, what with it being extremely hot! Today doesn't seem as bad. Wbu?

What you changing them to? And how come?
Original post by Iqbal007
I just keep getting more and more amazing :biggrin:
u shud check the number posts I've done than :colonhash:

yeah I will, trust me :colonhash:
i need to reply yo ur pm, but it's so long :frown:

Woww, I think your head is in danger of exploding! :eek:

Trust me all that shows is that you have been spending far too much time on here... :tongue:

And yours is long too!

And nope you won't, i'm not gonna be cooking anything for a bit :smile:
Woww, I think your head is in danger of exploding! :eek:

Trust me all that shows is that you have been spending far too much time on here... :tongue:

And yours is long too!

And nope you won't, i'm not gonna be cooking anything for a bit :smile:

loooooool according to TSR though :biggrin:

i no :cry:

its cos yours is long, so I had to reply to it all :redface:

it's Ramadan though :colonhash:
Original post by greenlantern
I don't think u should let language be your reason for not applying haha I mean most of the contestants in season 1 weren't able to make proper sentences in bengali and I don't think it effected there performance on the challenges either except for the ones where they had to speak in bangla e.g. where they had to do the acting.

Well they do have professionals there for safety and you have to wear lifejackets when involved in activities near large amount of water or so, if thats what is worrying u.

Oh cool u studying medicine! may I ask which uni u go to? I applied for it last year didn't get in :/ so chose to do pharmacy through clearing.

Oh it's not my only reason, I don't know whether the timing (whenever it is exactly) would be good for me, and I think my bangla is even worse than that sadly :frown: And i'm not scared of drowning...? Just the fact that it's... dirty and has stuff in it, i'm sure there's other creatures besides fish which reside in rivers etc.

How come you didn't just take a gap year? A lot of the people in my year took one. And you could always do post grad medicine or something later :smile:
Original post by Iqbal007
loooooool according to TSR though :biggrin:

i no :cry:

its cos yours is long, so I had to reply to it all :redface:

it's Ramadan though :colonhash:

I'll send you a pin and you can deflate your head a little, i'm sure your neck is struggling to hold it up...

You were long to start off with! I'll reply to yours soon :smile:

Yeah so we don't really eat rice and curry for iftar, and if it wasn't so hot maybe I wouldn't find cooking so exhausting, when it's cooler i'll help cook!
I'll send you a pin and you can deflate your head a little, i'm sure your neck is struggling to hold it up...

You were long to start off with! I'll reply to yours soon :smile:

Yeah so we don't really eat rice and curry for iftar, and if it wasn't so hot maybe I wouldn't find cooking so exhausting, when it's cooler i'll help cook!

:colonhash: im Mr Bond though :007: im always a don looool

no i wasn't :s-smilie: it got like this somehow

neither do we, we have chana and stuff....yes cook for TSR :biggrin:
Give me some group interview pointers people!!
Freaking out over my interview here...
Original post by weirdnessandcoffee
Give me some group interview pointers people!!
Freaking out over my interview here...

Okay i'll try putting it simply inneh sis.

Be confident, and try standing out from the group, with logical concise answers. This will show determination.
AS WELL AS showing that you are listening and considering the others opinions. This will show cooperation.
LISTEN to the question that they ask, and answer it specifically. This will show attentiveness.
Show a good body language, not too egotistical, not to shy.
So they know that you are the correct person for the job. They don't wanna see nerves, one of the most off putting things to them.
Show glimpses of your personality. Bubbly, humorous etc. So they are aware of your 'social' side.

That is all my friend, there isn't anymore.

Latest

Trending

Trending