The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
MEI?

I thought it was all fine, except sinx=1/2, and calculate what tanx was. I did it, but managed to spend a quarter of an hour doing the the really, really long way.
Reply 2
Nah
OCR A
Reply 3
joke as in hard or easy?

please say you thought it was hard.
A joke as in piss easy?

I had to resit C1 because I got a low A in it, I bloody dropped 3 marks :mad: I couldn't work out the first part of the question about that cube, please enlighten me :smile:
Reply 5
Only did C1 (OCR) myself. Found some of it annoyingly tricky. Certainly seemed harder than all the past papers, but then that's always the case I suppose.

What did everyone get for question 7, part where it asked for y=x+c?

Also, question 8 part 1: Show that A=2x^2+32/x....couldn't do that one.

And finally, the last question, what did you get for the equation of the tangent?
I got something like 6x+8y-16=0 (rough guess, I'm not sure about the constant)
Reply 6
C1 was easy compared to C2.
Some of the questions on C2 ive never cum across before.
I did both of the exams today. C1 was a reatke from January, and I thought it was absolutely soo hard!! It was much harder than the January one, where I got a D :s-smilie: I did not understand the one about the cuboid at all! And just got soo randomly confused with most of the questions!
Luckily I found C2 reasonable. I think i'LL have scored quite highly on that one, hopefully to mkae up for a DREADFUL c1!!

C2 was impossible, i hardly did any of the questions cos i was just like where the hell do i start?!?! i was SO close to asking if I could leave!! C1 was ok... xxxx
Did anyone at all understand the first part of the question to that annoying cube question in C1?!!!!?? Everyone seemed to have trouble with that :redface:
Reply 10
I just bull****ed about having top and bottom base, therefore the Area for that was 2x^2 and than I had 4 other faces times 8 and devided by x or sumthing like that.
Reply 11
OCR A C2 = Exam code 4722/01? If so, then I found it easy. Only question that I had any doubts about was the one where it asked you to sum the first 100 terms of the sequence. As it was oscillating I just summed it as 2*50 + 2*-1 = 50. Will that do or was there a 'proper' formula for doing it?
Reply 12
when you sketch the curves do you have to use graph paper, because I compltely forgot about it and sketched the graphs in my booklet. I still labelled the axis though. Is that OK
I found C2 absolutely IMPOSSIBLE. But I get the feeling I did WAY better on C1, so hopefully it'll all even out and I'll get a B or a C..which sucks, 'cause I was hoping for an A. Looks like I'll be retaking C2 come January!
m00c0w06
OCR A C2 = Exam code 4722/01? If so, then I found it easy. Only question that I had any doubts about was the one where it asked you to sum the first 100 terms of the sequence. As it was oscillating I just summed it as 2*50 + 2*-1 = 50. Will that do or was there a 'proper' formula for doing it?

yeh i got confused on that question, as well as all the others. didnt no whether to use the AP or GP formula.. cos theres Sn=n/2[2a+(n-1)d] for AP and there's Sn = a(1-r^n) / 1-r for GP

but overall i thought that paper was absolutely impossible and i've definately got to retake it, as well as S1... yay

xxxx
mullabc.02
when you sketch the curves do you have to use graph paper, because I compltely forgot about it and sketched the graphs in my booklet. I still labelled the axis though. Is that OK

oh ****e, i did that too... i did the tinest drawings, like 2cm by 2cm...didnt even think about the graph paper....whoooooops
Reply 16
I dont even see the point in doing Stats since you never use it.
Reply 17
Anyone have a set of answers for C1? I'll put down some of what I can remember:

1:i) Gradient=18/3=6
ii) dy/dx= 2x+1; When x=3, gradient= 7

6. i) This part was a substitution, let y=x^2
iv) Think I got one turning point when x= root 5...

7. At the end of it all I got c=-5

8. i) Couldn't do
ii) Differentiated for DA/dx...can't remember the result
iii) Let DA/dx=0. Came out as 2 for me.

9. Got the final equation of the tangent to be something like what I posted above.
Reply 18
m00c0w06
2*50 + 2*-1 = 50.

I was unsure about that too. I thought that was a bit too easy for a 3 mark question so i used da fourmula by summing up consecutive terms and the difference was zero and I got 50 aswell!

But everything after that was piss easy! :biggrin:

The geometric question about the money in the bank was a bit wierd. What answer did everyone get?
Reply 19
C1 was ok but C2 was awful
I didnt use the graph paper either, I totally forgot about it.

Latest