De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Freshers '09 - DMU!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Han265
i took my a levels when i was 18 but to do my course i have to prove my education is only 2 years old so have had to go back and take an as level this year 1 evening a week! its a pain in the arse but will hopefully get me where i want to be!!!
are you doing an access course??

Nah, I'm just re-taking my maths this year once a week, as well. I surprisingly enjoy doing it, though!

xemmalouise16x, I'm doing Mental Health Nursing too! Getting pretty excited about it now. :yep:
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
ahh thats good, i was starting to think that nobody else was doing that course! looks like ull probably be in waterway gardens then, apparently we have to have that cos well be there for 45 weeks, unlike the other students that get more holidays! x
Reply 42
hey all im planning to study accounting & finance in september 09
is anybody else?? or is it just me lol
:smile: :smile: oh my gosh guys,, why is der noone for business and management out der loool. anyway,, does anyone knw much abt grosvenor hse??? n r u lot savin ure money for freshers?????? xx
Reply 44
Wut?
**CutiePie**
Wut?

hie is dis for me?? i am new at dis so i am just tryin to get da hang of dis student room loool
Reply 46
psuaredsexy
hie is dis for me?? i am new at dis so i am just tryin to get da hang of dis student room loool

Yeah, I think if you quit the 'Da' and 'dis' then people might reply..

And, Ive applied for Victoria, newarke and grosvenor I think! I can't remember, my application got mucked up and I applied twice, so Ive emailed them and they're going to let me know!
**CutiePie**
Yeah, I think if you quit the 'Da' and 'dis' then people might reply..

And, Ive applied for Victoria, newarke and grosvenor I think! I can't remember, my application got mucked up and I applied twice, so Ive emailed them and they're going to let me know!

loool!! okay i see,, good choice for accommodation though
Reply 48
psuaredsexy
loool!! okay i see,, good choice for accommodation though

Ahh, I need an en-suite and double bed! Cannot live without the double bed loL! When I go to stay at my boyfriends uni accomodation the single beds are tiny! My dad said they're usually a bit smaller than normal sizes. Don't know why!

But wooo..En-suite! x)
Reply 49
xemmalouise16x
ahh thats good, i was starting to think that nobody else was doing that course! looks like ull probably be in waterway gardens then, apparently we have to have that cos well be there for 45 weeks, unlike the other students that get more holidays! x

Well when I went for the interview I actually met quite a few people who wanted to do the course! Mental health should be interesting, though. What so I might be put into Waterway Gardens even if I haven't actually applied for that accomodation? x
**CutiePie**
Ahh, I need an en-suite and double bed! Cannot live without the double bed loL! When I go to stay at my boyfriends uni accomodation the single beds are tiny! My dad said they're usually a bit smaller than normal sizes. Don't know why!

But wooo..En-suite! x)

Looool!!! I know what u mean,, I shld have gone for the double room aswel. I don't think the housing people would like to hear from me again cause I changed my choices not long ago lool. Wot uni does your boyfriend attend?? N r u lukin forward to freshers week hun? X
lilstephyo
Well when I went for the interview I actually met quite a few people who wanted to do the course! Mental health should be interesting, though. What so I might be put into Waterway Gardens even if I haven't actually applied for that accomodation? x

Ahh i didnt meet anyone, i went for my interview last year cos i deferred so ive not see anyone! they told me quite alot of older people normally do nursing, but im sure theres loadsa peeps our ages too! Yeh i didnt apply for waterway either, but then i emailed them asking them to change my preferecne as i wanted bede hall, but they then sed to me that someobody would be writing to me soon to suggest waterway gardens as thats where they normally put the nurses, and they can change the contract to longer for us (as nurses dont get as many holidays as other degrees) i was a bit confused, as really they shud have told us before hand that if ur doing nursing thats where they like to put you! but it seems alrite so im jsut gonna go with it if thats where they put you! it makes it easier! i fort i was the only person who didnt get told that! im well looking forward to starting the course now! emma xxx
also are you doing the mental health nursing degree or diploma? altho they both start off the same? im doing the degree. do u no about the fees for that etc? do they get paid for us?? x
Reply 53
Well yeah you're right they should have suggested Waterway Gardens instead of messing it about. It said in the booklet that you can ask to have your contract extended in most of the halls, so yeah I'm slightly confused, but oh well. I will do whatever is easier for them.

Yeah I will be doing the diploma course in September :smile: and yeah I think they do both start off at the same time, I think the only differences are that Degree students get loads more work on the last year and get less pay in their NHS funding.

Well I know they have to send us an application pack to apply for the nhs bursary and we send them back, but I'm not really sure what's going on at the minute. I'm sure we will find out soon, though. x
Reply 54
psuaredsexy
Looool!!! I know what u mean,, I shld have gone for the double room aswel. I don't think the housing people would like to hear from me again cause I changed my choices not long ago lool. Wot uni does your boyfriend attend?? N r u lukin forward to freshers week hun? X

Oo, yes, freshers week :biggrin: Woop hehe!

My boyfriends in London at the moment, he has been since September.
Reply 55
Hey is anyone doing nursing at DMU starting Sept 09? Swear i'm like the only person doing the course! :frown: xoxo
Reply 56
No, if you read above there's people who are doing nursing.
Reply 57
where are all the speech therapist students hiding too?!!!

i cant believe how long they are keeping us waiting to know about accomodation!! so annoying!!
Reply 58
You probably won't find out about accommodation until at least some way through June. It depends on when you applied.

(I didn't find out until July)
Reply 59
Ello

Is there any one who has chosen business and marketing or even in staying at newarke point for sep 2009? Or even id there is anyone studying the course atm who can let me know what leicester is like as ill be moving down there :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending