Reply 20
do they send an acknowledgement email?
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by _Jazzie
31st October, so it's only been just over a week. How long after you applied did you get your offer from them? :smile:

i got an acknowledgment a week after, and my offer on the 1st of november.
Reply 22
Good luck guys, I'm a fresher this year and loving it at Aston, doing Mech Eng myself. Life in the city centre was a big factor in me choosing this uni and I'm sure you guys would like it here too :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by implicity
Good luck guys, I'm a fresher this year and loving it at Aston, doing Mech Eng myself. Life in the city centre was a big factor in me choosing this uni and I'm sure you guys would like it here too :smile:

Are you living on the campus? I was wondering about the developments... Pretty sure they'll still be going on next year. Is it very loud?
And how's the accommodation?
Got to say, it's not the prettiest looking uni :biggrin: Although I did appreciate the ducks.
Reply 24
Applied for German. :smile:
Entry requirements are BBB. I'm predicted ABC but I e-mailed them and they said that they'd still advise me to apply with these grades.

It's my first choice (joint with leeds). Don't think I'll get an offer but oh well! Hope i do!! :biggrin:
Original post by JakeE10
Applied for German. :smile:
Entry requirements are BBB. I'm predicted ABC but I e-mailed them and they said that they'd still advise me to apply with these grades.

It's my first choice (joint with leeds). Don't think I'll get an offer but oh well! Hope i do!! :biggrin:

You may well do, my offer was BBC.
Reply 26
Original post by hannah_dru
You may well do, my offer was BBC.

I hope so!! :smile:
Reply 27
Just got an offer for Maths ABB :biggrin:
but ive heard that if you get an offer you are invited to an open day, but is that true, cos i havent got any emails about :/
Reply 28
Original post by James927
Just got an offer for Maths ABB :biggrin:
but ive heard that if you get an offer you are invited to an open day, but is that true, cos i havent got any emails about :/

I haven't been invited to an open day either, but I hear they run December-March, so they won't have even started yet :smile: The website may say something about them though, so I'd check there.
Reply 29
Original post by _Jazzie
I haven't been invited to an open day either, but I hear they run December-March, so they won't have even started yet :smile: The website may say something about them though, so I'd check there.

Thanks :smile: is Aston your top choice for Maths?? :smile:
Reply 30
Original post by James927
Thanks :smile: is Aston your top choice for Maths?? :smile:

I'm not doing maths... :P English Language. It's my insurance, but only because all of my other choices were AAB, and Aston is ABB.
Reply 31
Original post by _Jazzie

I've been invited to an open day, on the 1st of december, so they have started inviting people.
Guys - take it from an Aston Grad - you will not regret studying at Aston. Yes it's a small uni but it is super friendly and so well located. The reputation of the uni is huge in the world of work - I have found I feel much better equipped than many other graduates both in getting a job and in doing my job. Don't think it'll be an easy ride though - Aston degrees are rigorous and you'll have to work you'a*** off, but it'll be worth it!
Reply 33
Original post by _Jazzie
Are you living on the campus? I was wondering about the developments... Pretty sure they'll still be going on next year. Is it very loud?
Got to say, it's not the prettiest looking uni :biggrin: Although I did appreciate the ducks.

Hey Jazzie,

I live in New Build (B1) which is right next to the building site and I don't think I can hear any of the work that's going on, it's not really that big of a deal. However, from my room I can hear Birmingham City fans cheering at St. Andrew's stadium, especially the night that they play in the Europa League :biggrin:!

Accommodation is really good here in NB, the facilities are very modern with ensuite and you get a nice room, and fire alarms are not a problem (even if the flat next door to yours has the alarm go off, you will not need to evacuate). My girlfriend lives in Lakeside, and differences are that you get a more spacious room in Lakeside, but it's not as modern as New Build.

Sorry for the late reply, I hope you find this helpful!
Original post by Spagetti2020
Guys - take it from an Aston Grad - you will not regret studying at Aston. Yes it's a small uni but it is super friendly and so well located. The reputation of the uni is huge in the world of work - I have found I feel much better equipped than many other graduates both in getting a job and in doing my job. Don't think it'll be an easy ride though - Aston degrees are rigorous and you'll have to work you'a*** off, but it'll be worth it!

I can only echo this.
Reply 35
Original post by implicity
Hey Jazzie,

I live in New Build (B1) which is right next to the building site and I don't think I can hear any of the work that's going on, it's not really that big of a deal. However, from my room I can hear Birmingham City fans cheering at St. Andrew's stadium, especially the night that they play in the Europa League :biggrin:!

Accommodation is really good here in NB, the facilities are very modern with ensuite and you get a nice room, and fire alarms are not a problem (even if the flat next door to yours has the alarm go off, you will not need to evacuate). My girlfriend lives in Lakeside, and differences are that you get a more spacious room in Lakeside, but it's not as modern as New Build.

Sorry for the late reply, I hope you find this helpful!

Very helpful, thank you!

Aston's going to be my insurance, so I'm trying to do my research! The last time I visited it was drizzly and grey, I'd lost my railcard, I'd already been walking around Birmingham uni for hours and I had blisters everywhere :rolleyes: I don't think I was in the best mindset, so I'm hoping it has a better impression on me the next time I go :biggrin:
Reply 36
im applying for sociology! sent it off yesterday wait now begins! :smile:
Reply 37
Original post by _Jazzie

I'm living in campus, and the development can be loud at times during the day, but then you're not going to be in your flat.
Anyhow next year there's going to be completely brand new halls which is being built right now as i can see from my window.

Campus is small but big enough. I can still get to my lecture even if i wake up 5 mins before, and you'll probably remember a lot of faces in campus from the freshers week :wink:
Reply 38
Original post by ABaruwal
I'm living in campus, and the development can be loud at times during the day, but then you're not going to be in your flat.
Anyhow next year there's going to be completely brand new halls which is being built right now as i can see from my window.

Campus is small but big enough. I can still get to my lecture even if i wake up 5 mins before, and you'll probably remember a lot of faces in campus from the freshers week :wink:

Ooh, thank you for the info! I'm going to an open day next week on my way to London, so hopefully it'll be a more successful trip than last time :P

I don't suppose you could tell me what social scene's like? Does it have a good union?
Reply 39
is there anybody on here who is going to reapply for Aston University on Adjustment like me?

I got rejected because my predicted grades are DMM where Aston want DDD, but it looks like I could be achieving a DDD for my BTEC course this year :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest