The Student Room Group

1 month left till my exams! Help

Im an AS student and i need advice ASAP!
Im doing econ,maths,bio and chem!
Ive learnt everything,done notes,few exam questions here and there!

Ive got a month left, is that enough to go through all past papers, exam techniques, last mnute memorising and enough for more exam questions!!!!!

Please let me know how far everyone is and what your going to do!
Because i am panicking here!!! :/

WHATS UP WITH THE NEG RATE GUYS? :/
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
calm down, I'm doing my AS exams too, panicking is not going to help you in any way shape or form. In fact this is the perfect time to work on your times exams and seeing little errors you need to improve on, from the sound of it you got everything revised so HATS OFF TO YOU!
Reply 2
Revise.
Reply 3
Original post by sexbo
Revise.

Haha Thanx! I think thats what ive been doing!
Reply 4
Original post by Jack_Smith
Haha Thanx! I think thats what ive been doing!

Well then calm down. That's what everyone else has been doing as well...
Reply 5
By this time when I was doing my AS Levels, I hadn't even started revising. And I did fine. Don't worry!
Reply 6
Of course it is. Just work effectively.
Reply 7
revise like a tank
Reply 8
I've not even started revision properly. Kill me now.
Reply 9
hey, can anyone here help me :smile: I'm predicted an A in maths but I seem to be getting no where with past papers and even with revision I still keep managing a B. Maths has been a big jump for me from GCSE, where an A* was easy with no work, but tbh I did leave all my revision till 2 weeks ago :/ Any tips?
thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Millyshyn
I've not even started revision properly. Kill me now.

hahaha same
Original post by MiniGrace
calm down, I'm doing my AS exams too, panicking is not going to help you in any way shape or form. In fact this is the perfect time to work on your times exams and seeing little errors you need to improve on, from the sound of it you got everything revised so HATS OFF TO YOU!

This! Now is the perfect time to be moving onto past papers and stuff ready to peak during the exam period!
Reply 12
Not started my revision and in the final year of uni. One month to go to. Chill.
We've not even finished all the content at college, 5 chapters to go in Biology. I can't believe you've revised all the content. Seriously well done!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by AishaTara
hey, can anyone here help me :smile: I'm predicted an A in maths but I seem to be getting no where with past papers and even with revision I still keep managing a B. Maths has been a big jump for me from GCSE, where an A* was easy with no work, but tbh I did leave all my revision till 2 weeks ago :/ Any tips?

Your making me worried about A-Level because I find GCSE Maths at A* to be very easy and no revision is needed but I thought that I would be able to cope with A-Level and Further Maths as well.
Reply 15
Original post by AishaTara

Go back to your textbooks and attempt the hardest questions you can find. Don't worry if you need help, because eventually you get the hang of it and find you can do it sometimes pretty easily. Those sort of logical, multi-layered questions are the type that rake in the As with Maths.

Original post by Dalek1099
Your making me worried about A-Level because I find GCSE Maths at A* to be very easy and no revision is needed but I thought that I would be able to cope with A-Level and Further Maths as well.

It's a pretty big jump... I was getting Es and Us at the beginning of the year, but now I'm getting As, Bs and the occasional C. However, I highly recommend working through a C1 (and whichever one you need for the first module of Further Maths... FP1 I think?) textbook from time to time during the summer holidays! That way you'll be a step ahead.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Dalek1099

I don't know it depends on you and how much extra work load you want. I'm so glad I didn't bother with further maths especially. I've managed to understand everything and do well in class tests, it just now i've forgotten stuff and need to revise, which i didnt have to do at gcse at all :/
i wouldn't bother with further maths, unless you want to do an engineering or maths related degree. I used to want to do a maths degree, so glad I didnt do further maths.
I'm sure if you do past papers very often you'll be fine.
Mate, you're a beast!
I haven't even started properly yet. I will start tomorrow...
Original post by Jack_Smith
Im an AS student and i need advice ASAP!
Im doing econ,maths,bio and chem!
Ive learnt everything,done notes,few exam questions here and there!

Ive got a month left, is that enough to go through all past papers, exam techniques, last mnute memorising and enough for more exam questions!!!!!

Please let me know how far everyone is and what your going to do!
Because i am panicking here!!! :/

Dude don't even worry. A month is ages. I have 13 days until my exams start, I am a second year engineering student and feel completely underprepared. I am worried that I will be kicked out of uni, have wasted ~£20k and 2 years of my life.

Not to mention the shame.

So please calm down, you sound like a good student. Just work hard and you will be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest