The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff University September 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alyss05
I think we'll be pretty happy wherever we end up tbh :smile: Plus we start off with freshers so all uni students go out and you'll make friends on your course as well as flat mates so im sure we'll be fine. It'll still be nerve wracking at first though wont it? haha. I've got an offer to do medicine there but im waiting on bristol to see if i get an offer before i firm/insurance cardiff. What course are you going for?

Yeah exactly, and everyone will be in the same boat! But yeah it will be scary at first totally going it alone! But I'm sure we'd settle in quick. That's amazing! Well done! If you got an offer from Bristol would you firm that instead? I'm trying to decide between Cardiff and Bath for a firm and insurance option. It's so hard to decide! I'm applying for pharmacy, so we could be working alongside each other one day! :P
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 81
Original post by hollybanolly
Yeah exactly, and everyone will be in the same boat! But yeah it will be scary at first totally going it alone! But I'm sure we'd settle in quick. That's amazing! Well done! If you got an offer from Bristol would you firm that instead? I'm trying to decide between Cardiff and Bath for a firm and insurance option. It's so hard to decide! I'm applying for pharmacy, so we could be working alongside each other one day! :P

Im not sure which I would firm because bristol used to be my favourite but recently i've been looking at cardiff accomodation and i've been getting so excited about it :smile: I'd love to be in tally south and its near the sport complex, the city and the heath park campus. Plus on Friday i went out in cardiff for a friends 18th and had a great night so thats only added to how much i like it :smile: Cardiff is just a great city!
Whats your pros and cons for cardiff Vs bath?
And yeah we never know, we could be colleagues in a few years haha
Reply 82
Original post by welshfrankie
I've firmed Cardiff for English Literature :biggrin: Southampton as my Insurance. Also applied to Exeter, Exeter Cornwall Campus & Loughborough but I knew Cardiff was the right place for me :biggrin:

What's your plans for accommodation?

Oh yay another English course person =) nice one. You applied to loads of southern unis then :tongue:
I don't have a clue about accommodation... any opinions to help? I hate decision making

My sister is at Swansea uni so stayed with her... and we got majorly lost on the open day and missed the accommodation tours and had to awkwardly walk into the talk late (stood at the door for about 10 minutes arguing about who should open the door and walk in til a woman was just like "I'LL open the door and you two walk in" )
Reply 83
Physics with Medical Physics or Gordon anyone?
Original post by young_architect
Architectural engineering anyone?

Oooh, civil engineering here. Close I guess!
Original post by Alyss05
Im not sure which I would firm because bristol used to be my favourite but recently i've been looking at cardiff accomodation and i've been getting so excited about it :smile: I'd love to be in tally south and its near the sport complex, the city and the heath park campus. Plus on Friday i went out in cardiff for a friends 18th and had a great night so thats only added to how much i like it :smile: Cardiff is just a great city!
Whats your pros and cons for cardiff Vs bath?
And yeah we never know, we could be colleagues in a few years haha

Cardiff does sound amazing! Oh wow! I've heard the nightlife is amazing, is it as amazing as everyone says it is?

Well Cardiff is off campus, Bath is a campus uni - I don't mind either
Cardiff is quite spread out compared to Bath
With the Bath course I'd be able to go abroad unlike the Cardiff course.
Cardiff is only an hour away on the train from me which is perfect!
Both cities are great in their own way. Its so difficult :tongue:
Both accommodations look great.

haha that would be funny!

Do you have pros and cons for cardiff v bristol?
Cardiff night-life is amazing. Nearly A year on and I still haven't had a boring night out! It's so cheap on some nights too, so if night-life is your worry, honestly you'll find it hard to moan at Cardiff! Also i've been in Taly South accommodation this year, and I'd probably pick it again if I had the choice again (mind if you are on the ground floor, I would genuinely feel sorry for you :P)
Reply 87
I'm going to Firm Cardiff for BSc Economics & Finance, need AA & Welsh Baccalaureate!

I will be a lone wolf so will have to make friends with a whole new set of people! :smile:
Original post by sophiew121
Oh yay another English course person =) nice one. You applied to loads of southern unis then :tongue:
I don't have a clue about accommodation... any opinions to help? I hate decision making

My sister is at Swansea uni so stayed with her... and we got majorly lost on the open day and missed the accommodation tours and had to awkwardly walk into the talk late (stood at the door for about 10 minutes arguing about who should open the door and walk in til a woman was just like "I'LL open the door and you two walk in" )

Yep, location from home was an important factor to me so Cardiff made sense :biggrin:
I haven't even managed to get an accommodation tour, had to apply based on pictures and others' opinions :tongue: I haven't really got much advice to offer regarding that! I think wherever you'll end up you'll have a great experience though :smile:

Original post by burgergetsbored
Cardiff night-life is amazing. Nearly A year on and I still haven't had a boring night out! It's so cheap on some nights too, so if night-life is your worry, honestly you'll find it hard to moan at Cardiff! Also i've been in Taly South accommodation this year, and I'd probably pick it again if I had the choice again (mind if you are on the ground floor, I would genuinely feel sorry for you :P)

I've only been on a night out in Cardiff a few times and can vouch that it's always great and it's usually pretty cheap on the right nights!
Original post by Alyss05
I'd love to be in tally south and its near the sport complex, the city and the heath park campus.

I wouldn't say a 30 minute walk from south to town is "near the city!!!" but yeah south is the way forward!!!
Reply 90
I got offers from Cardiff and Leeds to study Dentistry but have firmed Cardiff! I can't wait to get started and have chosen tally south as my top option.

Does anyone know roughly when we'll hear back for accommodation because I applied for it about almost a month ago now...
Reply 91
Original post by sagarshah
I got offers from Cardiff and Leeds to study Dentistry but have firmed Cardiff! I can't wait to get started and have chosen tally south as my top option.

Does anyone know roughly when we'll hear back for accommodation because I applied for it about almost a month ago now...

when you get your results and they know you are definitely going to cardiff.
Reply 92
Yep, location from home was an important factor to me so Cardiff made sense :biggrin:
I haven't even managed to get an accommodation tour, had to apply based on pictures and others' opinions :tongue: I haven't really got much advice to offer regarding that! I think wherever you'll end up you'll have a great experience though :smile:

I've only been on a night out in Cardiff a few times and can vouch that it's always great and it's usually pretty cheap on the right nights!

Haha I'm so daft didn't evenclick you lived in wales :tongue:
You staying at home or in accomodation then?
Going to look into it later though
Reply 93
Firming with unconditional offer for eng Lang!!!
Reply 94
I've firmed Cardiff for music. Also, I've just done the accommodation side of things.. with a minimum of 10 options I seemed to put down just about everywhere to make up numbers. Does anyone know how likely it is that you get your top choice?
Original post by sophiew121
Haha I'm so daft didn't evenclick you lived in wales :tongue:
You staying at home or in accomodation then?
Going to look into it later though

Haha :tongue:
I'm staying in accommodation. I'm about a 40 min drive away depending on traffic so it'd be far easier to stay there. Not sure which accommodation to go for though. I've already applied but I believe applications can be changed until a certain date so I might have a reshuffle as I've heard rumours of insect infestations in Taly South which I had as my first choice. :eek:
Reply 96

i might have a reshuffle as i've heard rumours of insect infestations in taly south which i had as my first choice. :eek:

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat
Original post by rachbeanz
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

My reaction too - I don't know if it's true, it's just what a few people have told me. Anyone currently staying there can confirm or deny this? :s-smilie:
Reply 98
My reaction too - I don't know if it's true, it's just what a few people have told me. Anyone currently staying there can confirm or deny this? :s-smilie:

I don't live there, however I remember seeing this: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3288909300952&set=o.105706522888341&type=3

Strangely those uni meme pages that sprang up over night seem like a great way to find out what you uni of choice is really like..
Original post by schenker
I don't live there, however I remember seeing this: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3288909300952&set=o.105706522888341&type=3

Strangely those uni meme pages that sprang up over night seem like a great way to find out what you uni of choice is really like..

I've too been looking over that page to get a feel but never found that picture! haha. Seems it is true though. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending