The Student Room Group

OCR Human Biology f225 15th June 2012

How did everyone feel this exam went?
Reply 1
Not expecting many replies to this thread lol. Human Biology threads are normally empty :l..

I though it went quite well. Tbh, I found it easier than the past papers; they had some hard synoptic questions in those. Most of the stuff that came up I managed to revise properly aha. How'd you find it?
Reply 2
Is it alright to discuss this exam already? i thought we had to wait until the next morning?
Reply 3
I think it was fine.. but there was some tricky questions..
Reply 4
I know... i was realy anoyed at how little there was on homeostasis! i love that topic!
It seemed like half the paper was just data analysis or common sense 'suggest' questions! sooo anoying!
Reply 5
this exam was pretty straightforward, shame there were no questions on ADH or TRH. loads of suggest questions though like why do alcohol deaths decrease with age for driving accidents - think i put something like older people drink less, or alcohol doesn't affect them as much, or older people don't drink and drive as they are more experienced. Loved the section about colourblindness as i am colourblind lol :smile:
Reply 6
Loved the 7 marker on light hitting the rod cells!! I learnt that so thoroughly the night before.... Think it went ok... Has everyone got a rough grade for their extended investigation off teachers??

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 7
Original post by EmTurner
Loved the 7 marker on light hitting the rod cells!! I learnt that so thoroughly the night before.... Think it went ok... Has everyone got a rough grade for their extended investigation off teachers??

I got 37/40 pre-moderation. I'm just hoping they don't reduce it :/
Reply 8
Yehh i didnt think it was too difficult. Anyone know roughly how many UMS 28/40 will be for the coursework? and which questions did people find most difficult?
Reply 9
Original post by dannyboy19
Yehh i didnt think it was too difficult. Anyone know roughly how many UMS 28/40 will be for the coursework? and which questions did people find most difficult?

According to last years grade boundaries, 28 would have given you a B grade (27 for B) and an A would require 30/40. The ones that I know I lost marks in was in the synoptic questions *facepalm* .. the one where Pyruvate>Glucose (Im guessing I got only 1/2 marks) and the Calcium ions in muscle contraction question (1/2 again).
Reply 10
I got 28 I think which my teacher said was a B! ... Wish we got more time... We literally only had a couple of hours in class time to do it! I
Just want to be finished with a-levels now!!

Reply 11
Anyone retaking f224 on friday?
Reply 12
Yep I am... Not confident at all!

Reply 13
Guys is everyone ready for the exam??? Im not!!!!

Reply 14
(f224)

Reply 15
Woww that was very difficult
Reply 16
Wasn't much of a fan of the telomerase/dna repair questions but generally alright
Reply 17
That was so ****!!! Be surprised if I manage a D

Reply 18
What didn't everyone like about it?
Reply 19
Honestly, F224 couldn't have been any worse -_-

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending