The Student Room Group

If you could only have one child, would you prefer to have a boy or a girl?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I have three brothers and have always wanted a sister so yeah a daughter would be awesome.
Original post by sucess
what if turns out gay loool

that would be an interesting turn of fate. It's kind of funny because many gay kids come from strict conservative homes that prob think like that. Sometimes i wonder if it's nature poking fun at parents and their prejudices.

I wonder what the poll would be if it was a gay son vs daughter. I wonder how many straight guys and girls here would change their tune.
A boy to continue my family line.
erm..........

I really don't know.

I have 1 girl and 2 boys, and they're all as difficult and challenging as each other. Equally they are all as affectionate and sweet as each other.
Reply 64
Original post by sotrulybeautiful
what if he turns out to be gay or if he is straight but has different hobbies and preferences/interests to you?

Perhaps i didn't phrase it quite right, i think if its a boy i'll have a better idea with how to communicate and get through to him, regardless of what his interests or sexual orientation is
Reply 65
Original post by Minotauro
Boy
The wet bed conversation is a lot easier than the bloody mattress conversation

whats the mattress conversation??
Well I would like a girl (because face it we all want a mini me).

And I would raise her up to be awesome and to do what she wanted to do, not what people say little girls should do.

And I would make her read lots and think lots and how to take care of herself and I would send her to martial arts lessons so no-one would mess with her and everyone would think that she was the shiz.

However I'd ultimately like one of both. And I always wanted a twin brother so boy/girl twins would be nice.
Reply 67
I'd just get a corgi.
A boy. I don't think I could deal with the drama that came with a girl XD Plus there are hardly any boys in my family's bloodline, especially on my mums side.
(edited 11 years ago)
Girl because we have alot in common
Reply 70
Original post by skotch
The difference is, children in those cultures are required to do manual labour from a young age in order to help the family make a living, so guys are preferred. Here, we don't need children for that.

That isn't actually the reason for preference of boys. It's because in those cultures, it is at the boy's house that the parents live when they become old. Essentially, if they have a girl, she is expected to go the husband's family and live there, leaving the parents with no safety net in old age. Whereas if they have a boy, the parents can stay with him, and remain in the family
Reply 71
Boy. Easier to relate to, probably cost less, no female hormonal nonsense and would probably feel less worried when they get to the going out in town age.
Reply 72
Boy, at least he will become a logical creature eventually and have the ability to achieve great stuff.
Reply 73
Original post by Vazzyb
And why?

Vb

boy, just cos i would have more in common and lets face ie...men are better, lol. Just kidding
Reply 74
a little girl

i`d soo want to put her in dresses :biggrin: and all pink and frilly!!
Reply 75
A boy to pass on the support of my football team.

Imagine if your son-in-law supports your team's arch rivals and raised your grandson to support them as well :eek:
(edited 11 years ago)
I put boy but only just. Only because I know how hormonal teenage girls can get... :mmm:
Girl
oooh not sure, i would be happy with either! i honestly wouldn't mind. don't have a preference. i think ultimately i'd say boy.
Reply 79
A girl :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending