Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Okay, I'll +rep the first person who can help me! :biggrin:
I can't help you but I'd like some + rep. :biggrin:
Reply 3
Make of laptop would be a start... :p:

Edit: Also the OS :smile:
Reply 4
You have installed the drivers right? It's sure to be on the CD.

What is your laptop model by the way? It could help us narrow it down.
Reply 5
Pony Jack
Make of laptop would be a start... :p:

It's a Packard Bell. :biggrin:
Reply 6
MGT_90
You have installed the drivers right? It's sure to be on the CD.

What is your laptop model by the way? It could help us narrow it down.

I've been looking at the drivers folder or something and it doesn't seem to be there...But I know it's worked because I've used the webcam and tested it out when I first got my laptop. I just can't remember what I did.:p:
What model, please? There are more than a few Packard Bells :p:

Anyway, the webcam should automatically turn on when you run webcam software of something that will access the webcam, like using webcam on MSN, or running the webcam software if you have any. It purposely turns off at all other times to not waste battery.
Reply 8
tezw
Did you get a CD with the laptop for the webca, and have you installed such cd?

I don't think it came with a CD, at least as far as I'm aware.
Reply 9
Device manager - find it there and update the driver?
Reply 10
SylverStrike
I've been looking at the drivers folder or something and it doesn't seem to be there...But I know it's worked because I've used the webcam and tested it out when I first got my laptop. I just can't remember what I did.:p:

Reinstalling the driver can't hurt.

A CD with various drivers such as drivers for the sound card should have been bundled with your system.
olileauk
What model, please? There are more than a few Packard Bells :p:

Anyway, the webcam should automatically turn on when you run webcam software of something that will access the webcam, like using webcam on MSN, or running the webcam software if you have any. It purposely turns off at all other times to not waste battery.

It's an EasyNote.

See, that's exactly what I thought it did- turned on when I needed it. But when I try to use it on MSN, it stops me using it because it's apparently either not plugged in or not switched on.
Okay, so we've got packard bell easynote, but there's more to a model number than teh name of the whole line of laptops :p:

It does seem odd that MSN says it's in use already - as others have said, reinstalling the webcam drivers from the manufacturer website can't hurt.
Pony Jack
Device manager - find it there and update the driver?

I'm in the device manager now, but it just doesn't seem to be there. I've looked in the subfolders as well, but I can't find it there either.

Sorry to be so annoying. :p:
olileauk
Okay, so we've got packard bell easynote, but there's more to a model number than teh name of the whole line of laptops :p:

It does seem odd that MSN says it's in use already - as others have said, reinstalling the webcam drivers from the manufacturer website can't hurt.

15'' EasyNote MB88/89 Limited Edition (from the website).

I'm going to try that webcam drivers thing now, and see what happens.

Thanks for the help so far, everyone. :biggrin:
If it's not there then you'll need to get the driver for it from the website
Okay, I've downloaded the drivers and they're definitely there, but I don't know what to do now.
tezw
Have you tried logging into msn and asking a friend if you have a webcam icon?

Yeah, the webcam icon's been there the whole time, which is pretty weird. But it just won't let me use it.
tezw
Has a friend clicked on it and you have accepted the request?

Yup, and then it comes up with "Your conversation cannot begin because your camera is currently in use or not plugged in. Make sure your camera is available and try again."
SylverStrike
Yeah, the webcam icon's been there the whole time, which is pretty weird. But it just won't let me use it.

In a MSN conversation window, what does it say in the drop down list of step 3 of the Tools > Audio and Video Setup menu?

Marcus

Latest