The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

University of Glasgow blether thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
I'll be back on the 3rd of january. damn vet school having different term times from the rest of the uni. We start again on the 5th. Its going to be sooo quiet next week . I'll be by myself in a 12 person flat until the 10th ..... not great.
still the other vet studets will be around and i'll manage to get some sleep for a change
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Meltdown30
Small world! :p:

Lol! Look out for a tallish brunette with a teal coloured coat trying to lug a huge bag around. And gimmie a wave. Definately a small world!
You have a picture in your profile! I'm pretty short with cropped brown hair (getting it cut next week so I don't know how short it'll be!). I'll be wearing/carrying a red coat and a small black suitcase.
Reply 123
I'm back on the 9th for the pre-term Cheesy Pop. :smile:
I'll probably be the only one in my flat!
Reply 124
Is there a traffic light disco for valentines day at the GUU this year ? or am i making this up :P lol
I remember reading it somewhere, can't remember where though...
Korin
I'm back on the 9th for the pre-term Cheesy Pop. :smile:
I'll probably be the only one in my flat!

No one told me about the pre-term cheesy! I'd have came back a day early tbh...gutted. Have extra fun just for me =]
Reply 126
I'm back in glasgow now, noone else in my flat or even in my whole block. yuck
still its nice and quiet, which is unusual.
Can't wait for everyone else to get back, theres a bunch of vets arriving today so won't be all alone for much longer
I'm getting back tomorrow. Home has started to be **** but I wanted to spend a bit longer with free food for a week (which, if I'd gone up at the start of the week, would probably have cost me around £20-£25 for a full week's shop). Bit sadistic to say it, but I can't wait to get away from here and my parents.
Captain Biggles
I'm getting back tomorrow. Home has started to be **** but I wanted to spend a bit longer with free food for a week (which, if I'd gone up at the start of the week, would probably have cost me around £20-£25 for a full week's shop). Bit sadistic to say it, but I can't wait to get away from here and my parents.

I know exactly how you feel...I'm currently in the middle of packing! :smile:
Stace-is-Ace
I know exactly how you feel...I'm currently in the middle of packing! :smile:

I shall be undertaking that task shortly. :biggrin:
Reply 130
my home was doing my head in :smile: i was so glad to get back to glasgow!
Any other first years not particularly looking forward to heading back?

I fear it is just me.
I'm not particularly fussed about it, no.
Reply 133
why are you not looking forward to getting back?

I honestly think that if I wasn't in the medical school and part of the kind of community that we have going on there I wouldn't enjoy uni half as much :frown:
fatal
why are you not looking forward to getting back?

I honestly think that if I wasn't in the medical school and part of the kind of community that we have going on there I wouldn't enjoy uni half as much :frown:

Really?

I do English Lit and History and I still feel like I'm part of a community even if it is a massive one! Lol!

I think living in Murano is great - I've made far more friends than I expected too - we're like one huge family in my block (apart from Flat C who are weird =P)

I can't wait to see them all again and have lots of partytimes :smile:
Reply 135
Stace-is-Ace
Really?

I do English Lit and History and I still feel like I'm part of a community even if it is a massive one! Lol!

I think living in Murano is great - I've made far more friends than I expected too - we're like one huge family in my block (apart from Flat C who are weird =P)

I can't wait to see them all again and have lots of partytimes :smile:

that cool :smile:

I just love the med school really quite errationally lol

I love my flat too actually, but the combination of my flat friends and my course friends makes the whole uni experiance amazing!

/end gushing :o:
I'm not overly enthused about heading back to Glasgow because here I've got a huge circle of friends who I know really well and could chat to endlessly. At Uni, having only been there 3 months, I haven't yet met enough people or had the time to grow the sort of friendships that I have back home, so I don't have as much to look forward to up there as I do down here.

Also, apart from the social aspect of living with so many people your own age, life in halls can be a pain at times.
FyreFight
I'm not overly enthused about heading back to Glasgow because here I've got a huge circle of friends who I know really well and could chat to endlessly. At Uni, having only been there 3 months, I haven't yet met enough people or had the time to grow the sort of friendships that I have back home, so I don't have as much to look forward to up there as I do down here.

Also, apart from the social aspect of living with so many people your own age, life in halls can be a pain at times.

I know a few people who feel a bit like you. I love my friends at home as well and I was even a bit worried about seeing them again at Christmas because I felt guilty for not keeping in touch but we all sort of just fell into place again :smile:

What are you studying mister? And which halls are you in?
FyreFight

I agree with this entirely. I can be quite withdrawn and introverted, so making large groups of friends has been hard, and it seems I've missed the boat in that respect.

No-one in my seminar groups seems to have any sort of passion for their subject at all, they're so apathetic. It's frustrating. I thought university would be full of like-minded people and on the whole, it hasn't.
I'm back now. I love the freedom but am not looking forward to the early mornings, cooking, laundry and studying in general. You get used to getting up at 11am and doing nothing all day :p:

Quick Reply

Latest