The Student Room Group

My room smells like cabbage?

I'm in halls, been sitting on my laptop and this smell of cabbage or something has appeared, it's making me feel a bit sick. What could it be?

And please, don't say cabbage.

Scroll to see replies

Wash your bed once in a while.

Also buy a chair, laptops aren't designed to take the weight on a person on them.
Reply 2
Close your legs, love
Reply 3
Maybe getting rid of the cabbage
Reply 4
Original post by theronkinator
Wash your bed once in a while.

Also buy a chair, laptops aren't designed to take the weight on a person on them.

Ah, that's what I'm doing wrong.
Wash your bedding (its suprising how little Uni students generally wash their bedclothes) and buy a scented candle. Scented candles are amazing :smile:
Reply 6
Put some coffee on a tissue and keep it in the room sombrero. Try it.
Reply 7
Might be gas.
Have you been eating cabbage in your room recently?
(edited 13 years ago)
As someone said previously it could be gas...... or piping if you have a sink.... try thoroughly cleaning your room.. if that doesnt work then its something you need to call maintenance in for
Reply 10
Original post by linkdapink
Wash your bedding (its suprising how little Uni students generally wash their bedclothes) and buy a scented candle. Scented candles are amazing :smile:

Thing is, it's not a permanent thing, the smells already gone and I know it's nothing in my room...
Reply 11
smelly cabbage farts.

eww @ you. :no:
Are you sure it's not the smell of what your flatmates cooked for dinner? Is your room near the kitchen? If the smell comes and goes it's probably food, even if it smells horrible lol.
Reply 13
Original post by -honeybee-
Are you sure it's not the smell of what your flatmates cooked for dinner? Is your room near the kitchen? If the smell comes and goes it's probably food, even if it smells horrible lol.

Nah, no one was cooking. I was thinking maybe someone was smoking something tbh...
Original post by misst911
Nah, no one was cooking. I was thinking maybe someone was smoking something tbh...

Cabbage though? It must be something like that if the smell comes and goes.
Reply 15

Yeh, maybe it is someone cooking I spose...:colondollar:
Reply 16

I tried doing cabbage once, but i swear it had no effect. I remember some of the older students used to get sauerkraut and kimchi in town, but I always heard they mixed those with bad additives.

A friend of mine once got hospitalised after a particularly bad incident with a leek. He's never been the same since.
Reply 17
Oh yea, OP, your cabbage clearly needs replacing.
Reply 18
The smells here again, it's definitely someone smoking.
Original post by misst911
The smells here again, it's definitely someone smoking.

Are they smoking cabbage? :toofunny:

Quick Reply

Latest