The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Official 'I'm firming Leicester 2011' thread!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Readin Bournemouth UWE and Brighton....but UWE and Brighton I'm not majorly interested in to be honest.....trying to choose between Reading and Leicester as my firm then BU will be my insurance:smile:
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 41
Reading* and what is your offer likely to be this year?
Reply 42
Hopefully BBB , im told i should get an A in sociology after two retakes so im hoping i can be cheeky and get away with ABC, friend did last year on a BBB offer.

Leicester is amazing, the uni and the city! had a night out there other week and it was totally crazy but amazing!
Reply 43
Ooh that sounds good:smile: I'm hoping if I don't get into Leicester, that'll be the case with BU!!! I'm hoping ABC can be the same as BBB :wink: I have 2 Bs at AS in languages aswell so I'm hoping that will tempt them haha:smile:
Reply 44
im sure it will :smile:

Im well excited to go if i get an offer! Lincoln is nothing to compared to Leicester lol
Reply 45
Fingers crossed!! Yeahh it does look amazing and the reputation makes it even better! I reeaallllly hope the nightlife is good, being from Devon it's not all that great down here!! :L
Reply 46
Maybe...It depends if St. Andrews give me an offer, but if not then deffinetly leicester I really liked it.
Reply 47
Firmed Leicester a week or two ago for Computing with Management. Quite excited now! Just need to get to the BBB offer because i'm on ABC at the moment. :smile:
Reply 48
Original post by ishlarr
Firmed Leicester a week or two ago for Computing with Management. Quite excited now! Just need to get to the BBB offer because i'm on ABC at the moment. :smile:

Decided on accommodation?
Reply 49
Original post by grape:)
Decided on accommodation?

I was looking a John Fosters self- catered but i know quite a few people want to go there so i dont know whether to go catered to increase my chances as theres more places available for catered...
Reply 50
Original post by ishlarr
I was looking a John Fosters self- catered but i know quite a few people want to go there so i dont know whether to go catered to increase my chances as theres more places available for catered...

Yeh.... I think I'll go for GSM (same reason as you really!) x
Reply 51
Itss like 70% is catered or something! So getting self-catered its quite hard ebcause you get gap year students etc whom will get accomdation allocated first.

And you might be okay with ABC a friend got in with that and the offer was BBB ovbiously depends on the department.
Reply 52
Original post by molly2005
Itss like 70% is catered or something! So getting self-catered its quite hard ebcause you get gap year students etc whom will get accomdation allocated first.

And you might be okay with ABC a friend got in with that and the offer was BBB ovbiously depends on the department.

Gap year students like me! (Fingers crossed!!!!)
Reply 53
Firming for V100 history :smile: Hopefully I'll get AAB but I'm worried I won't ): Oh well, just need to make sure I do well in my exams and coursework :biggrin:

Well done on everyone else for getting offers, it's such a nice university :smile:
Reply 54
I actually live in leciester and im applying to Leicester Uni as probably my firm choice. jus wondering because i live in leicester, on my ucas form i put that i would live at home. but iv changed my mind and even though i live in leicester i still want to live in the halls because of the experience. is that possible?
Reply 55
Definitely firming Leicester for Film Studies and the Visual Arts. Had an insane night up there few weeks back, and going back up there for my 19th! Best thing is the insanely cheap taxis haha :smile:
Reply 56
Original post by klr92
Definitely firming Leicester for Film Studies and the Visual Arts. Had an insane night up there few weeks back, and going back up there for my 19th! Best thing is the insanely cheap taxis haha :smile:

Awesome :biggrin:
Reply 57
It'll be my firm choice, and was my first offer :smile:

Just waiting for one of my insurance choices to get back to me.
Reply 58
Original post by ishlarr

You might as well go self catered if that's what you prefer. I was initially given catered so I declined and reapplied (gap yah student) and got self catered in JoFo.
Reply 59
I'm firming Leicester
It's my first choice and I was soo happy when i checked UCAS to see the offer :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending