The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

Accomodation offers

Just wondering for those staying in Stafford, have any of you started getting the accomodation offer emails?
Reply 1
Not for me so far, I don't imagine we need to worry at this point. My UCAS offer letter says to wait until correspondence from the University comes through so that is what I am doing!
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
Reply 2
I contacted the Uni on twitter, they said they are sending the emails other the course of the next few days.
Should be within the week. See this facebook group
http://www.facebook.com/groups/198266866900329/

I can add you to the group if you want - loads of info there
Reply 4
Original post by de_monies
Should be within the week. See this facebook group
http://www.facebook.com/groups/198266866900329/

I can add you to the group if you want - loads of info there

So you know, I've sent a request to join =)
Original post by ricb321
So you know, I've sent a request to join =)

Ill contact Tom in the morning. He made the group
Reply 6
Hey people! I still haven't recieved a offer for a place on halls yet. I did recieve a email acknowledging my application for a place though (which i sent in May i think) so i know they have recieved it. Just wondering if anyone else is still waiting to hear back yet? Cheers.
Reply 7
Original post by Roose1818
Hey people! I still haven't recieved a offer for a place on halls yet. I did recieve a email acknowledging my application for a place though (which i sent in May i think) so i know they have recieved it. Just wondering if anyone else is still waiting to hear back yet? Cheers.

I'm still waiting to hear back from them. When I called them on Friday they said that it looks pretty full but they will try their best to give me a room :s-smilie:
Reply 8
Give Faye Withinton a ring and she'll let you know what's going on, she's really friendly but I believe the offers should be out by the end of last week but they may be running behind slightly as it's a really busy period. As for getting a place last I heard there are spaces :smile: (that was from knowledge gained on Friday when visiting)
Reply 9
I've been applied for my first year Computer Games Design Course , but didn't pay my fees or anything. Should I pay for my course at first place to get an accommodation offer, or they do this under some certain circumstances? If I won't be able to get one, it will automatically mean that there won't be a reason for me to travel to Stafford, as I live in Latvia atm :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 10
Same advice as earlier, ring the accommodation office or your contact with the university since you are an international student, this is not something we can answer here sorry,
Reply 11
Hi, Do you know where there is any accommodation as I can't get a place on campus, they have said there is no accommodation available and I cannot find any private accommodation. Can anyone help??
Reply 12
I am amazed there isn't any accommodation available, erm try staffordshirestudentpad.co.uk as that's university approved landlords.
Reply 13
Anyone still looking for accommodation/ know of anyone:

My great house has one room left: comes with a double bed, a great sized room tastefully decorated, lots of space for all your stuff, has a washing machine in the shared kitchen, clean garden, bills are not included but the house is located on Thornton Road (google map it, but it's on the doorstep on uni campuses: you just have to cross the rd to get to leek rd, and walk through the end of the rd to get to college rd campus), £60 a week (£240 per month) negotiable and you get to live with two great housemates. available now to give you time to move in and familiarise yourself with the area. hope this is enough, anything else please don't hesitate to ask. =]
Reply 14
I have a house which is right between the Stafford campus and town, Asda is literally a 2 minute walk away. Lots more students on the street who are all friendly and social. If you'd like to know more details just send me a message and I'll get back to you :smile:

Quick Reply