The Student Room Group

Fancy Dress - Questions, advice, cheap solutions, themes

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Elle Driver from Kill Bill. I dressed as her for Halloween last year :smile:
Paint yourself blue and go as a smurf.
Reply 22
I'm not going as what I actually wanted/want to be because it's boring.

Lots of people will be sexy secretaries/nurses/sailors etc.

I actually can't think of anything to go as, here are the only ideas i've had so far:
-dancer: could probably borrow a leotard/tutu, with heels. not too hard, but I don't really like it.
-hippie: also pretty easy, i could wear shorts and I know people with a lot of things i could borrow.
-robber/bandit: but don't know how!

but they're not very good ideas so all suggestions welcome!
stripper perhaps? :sexface:
A coffin. Get a few cardboard boxes, paint them, make arm and leg holes and strap them round you ..

Or a skeleton?

Seriously, it's a bit grim but it'll be original at least!

Or .. You could dress up as a pregnant chav with six other children (think a kid's pram, toy buggy, a kid's car seat and a baby sling - with lots of cheap dolls!) ? That's probably what I'd do..
Original post by daisydaffodil

Or .. You could dress up as a pregnant chav with six other children (think a kid's pram, toy buggy, a kid's car seat and a baby sling - with lots of cheap dolls!) ? That's probably what I'd do..

Spoiler

Super hero. :biggrin:
Go as a fire engine! It was my dream... :frown:

That or a dinosaur.
What is the boring thing you actually want to be?
Haha we did this in sixth form once and I attempted to be what I very much wanted to be when I was little- a weather girl! Although I made it a bit more obvious by attaching lots of weather signs to me that I'd printed from the computer haha. I think I held a little pointer thing too and randomly pointed the wall and did my fake weather if anyone requested!
Reply 30
Pussycat Doll?
Reply 31
Dress up as a man, you'll be water-cooler famous. :h:
You can't go wrong with a banana :banana2:
A dragon.

"Eight year old, we need you to spy!"
"But I want to be a dragon!"

Russell Howard is never wrong.
Archaeologist (desert boots, hat, khaki clothes or worn-out jeans and a spade), judge (self-explanatory), explorer (pretty similar to archaeologist but swap spade for binoculars), Prime Minister (suit), artist (paint-spattered man-shirt and leggings), druid (go all Spinal Tap and carry a miniature Stone Henge around with you)... I think that's a complete list of my childhood abitions, goodness knows how I ended up studying Literature...
Reply 35
Original post by Leigh303
I'm not going as what I actually wanted/want to be because it's boring.

Lots of people will be sexy secretaries/nurses/sailors etc.

I actually can't think of anything to go as, here are the only ideas i've had so far:
-dancer: could probably borrow a leotard/tutu, with heels. not too hard, but I don't really like it.
-hippie: also pretty easy, i could wear shorts and I know people with a lot of things i could borrow.
-robber/bandit: but don't know how!

but they're not very good ideas so all suggestions welcome!

For a robber/bandit, you could wear a black and white striped top (couple of quid in Primark), black trousers and cut holes in a travel sleeping mask. :yes: Swag bag optional. :h:
Reply 36
God?
I wanted to be a fairy. :colondollar:

Or an astronomer with my telescope.
Time Lord.
I went to one of these parties last year and I took my inspiration from before I really thought about work.

I went as a woodland faerie!

Think further back and go as something you wanted to be when you were really young, like a princess or barbie? :]

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending