The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Queen Mary 2012 Applicant's Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by D0LLxo
:eek: You're doing all sciences? That's pretty good. I'm getting quite worried now because I think I'm the only psych. applicant this year who has not done a science a-level. I'm doing Psychology, Religious Studies, English Literature and done Biology at AS. The more I talk to other applicants the more I think I don't stand a chance lol.

QMUL is not (too) far from my house so it would be convenient if I got a place lol :tongue: Have you sent your application off? :smile:

Not yet! I can't finish my personal statement lol...
Don't be negative, you're not studying a science at a-level but you are studying psychology: that's useful : ) Are you predicted good grades?
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 41
Sent my application on Thursday, still awating an acknowledgement!
Reply 42
Original post by panda1093
Not yet! I can't finish my personal statement lol...
Don't be negative, you're not studying a science at a-level but you are studying psychology: that's useful : ) Are you predicted good grades?

Yeah but I can't help but worry about it until I get an offer (or rejection) :tongue:
Don't worry it took me ages to finish my PS because I was so over the character limit! I'm predicted A*A*A for A2, how about you?
Original post by D0LLxo
Yeah but I can't help but worry about it until I get an offer (or rejection) :tongue:
Don't worry it took me ages to finish my PS because I was so over the character limit! I'm predicted A*A*A for A2, how about you?

WOW, you are predicted very good grades, I'm sure you'll get an offer...
I am predicted 95/100 for my esame di stato (I'm attending an Italian school :smile: ).
Reply 44
history and politics, anyone? :smile:
Reply 45
Original post by Iqbal007
Are you international?
If not it should cost the same as a normal year.............................. also most the foundation years are for internationals only one is for home students.

which one?
Reply 46
Original post by thehk16
which one?

Whats your status as a student.... home or international? Cos the tuition fees varies.
Reply 47
Original post by Iqbal007
Whats your status as a student.... home or international? Cos the tuition fees varies.

home

which foundation courses are open to home students
Reply 48
Applying for Economics L100, sent my application off 10 days ago
Reply 49
Original post by thehk16
home

which foundation courses are open to home students

Only the Engineering one
Reply 50
Original post by somaiyar
Applying for Economics L100, sent my application off 10 days ago

Trust they got to spend money on books, checked the bookshop today like £82 for 2 books :/ not bad as law though
Reply 51
Applying for Law!

Sent my application on the 14th.
Reply 52
I'm applying for Psychology :smile:
UCL, Queen Mary, Royal Holloway, City, Goldsmiths

I really have no clue what Queen Mary is like at Psychology since it's not in the league tables but hmm..
Reply 53
Original post by Mmrawrr
I'm applying for Psychology :smile:
UCL, Queen Mary, Royal Holloway, City, Goldsmiths

I really have no clue what Queen Mary is like at Psychology since it's not in the league tables but hmm..

It's only recently started running the course that's probably why. Given the general standard of courses at QMUL it's probably the equal of all the others you've applied at aside from UCL.
I'm applying for Biochemistry at QMUL, Leeds and Nottingham. Anyone else? :smile:
Reply 55
I'm applying for Hispanic Studies & Linguistics and English & Hispanic Studies. The first one appeals to me more though, I kind of added the English & Hispanic Studies because I couldn't think of a better course to apply to.
Applying for the Science and Engineering foundation year twice; once for Biology and once for Chemistry. Really hope I get in!
Reply 57
Has anyone got an offer yet? :smile:
Reply 58
Original post by ajp100688
It's only recently started running the course that's probably why. Given the general standard of courses at QMUL it's probably the equal of all the others you've applied at aside from UCL.

Yeah, that's what I'm guessing. Well, RHUL might be slightly better considering it's in the top 20. Not sure.
Reply 59
Im applying for Mathematics G100

Quick Reply

Latest