The Student Room Group

You know you're a student when...

Scroll to see replies

When you can't remember the last time you saw a £20 note
When having windows that open and close is a luxury.
Original post by atheistwithfaith
I was definitely thinking you were talking about some special breed of lab mice.

labia mice.

sorry, couldn't resist
You know you're a student when you use a fork to comb your hair :frown:
Reply 1284
When chucking dominoes & cards at one another in the kitchen while sober seems like a fun and brilliant idea.
Original post by MasterPotatoHead
You know you're a student when you use a fork to comb your hair :frown:

I'm with you there, I lost my hairbrush last week and I've been using my fingers ever since. I'm hoping it ends up looking less "I haven't brushed my hair for a week" and more sexily dishevelled.
back from lectures/seminars: time to nap.
Reply 1287
you know you're a (mature) student when you notice all of the lads that are starting uni straight from sixth form/college all dress like each other within their friendship group. loan goes in, first one goes out and buys abercrombie t shirts, jack willis hoodie, and some chinos, and the rest start to follow suit.

cringe.

you realise that most students have no idea how to use your/you're and there/their/they're. and no, that isn't a dig at dyslexic people, i understand some people genuinely do struggle with things like that, however the vast majority just can't be bothered.

as a mature student, it also makes me chuckle listening to all the kids talking like they've lived away from home for years and have no problem budgeting their money - typical know it all attitude. no, it's been sixth months, and the things that are coming out of your mouth make it obvious you still haven't got a clue.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by andym88
you know you're a (mature) student when you notice all of the lads that are starting uni straight from sixth form/college all dress like each other within their friendship group. loan goes in, first one goes out and buys abercrombie t shirts, jack willis hoodie, and some chinos, and the rest start to follow suit.

cringe.

you realise that most students have no idea how to use your/you're and there/their/they're. and no, that isn't a dig at dyslexic people, i understand some people genuinely do struggle with things like that, however the vast majority just can't be bothered.

as a mature student, it also makes me chuckle listening to all the kids talking like they've lived away from home for years and have no problem budgeting their money - typical know it all attitude. no, it's been sixth months, and the things that are coming out of your mouth make it obvious you still haven't got a clue.

OH MY GOD I AGREE!!

"your" so right!

I thought it was just me that got overly annoyed with the misuse of there and yours!

I literally live in Primark clothes!
Original post by andym88

cringe.

Coming from a fellow mature student, I feel your pain. Putting up with these kids prattle is bad enough in college.
Original post by sammyjade92
OH MY GOD I AGREE!!

"your" so right!

I thought it was just me that got overly annoyed with the misuse of there and yours!

I literally live in Primark clothes!

The horrendous irony if that wasn't intentional.
Of course it was intentional :wink:

Hence the quotations ... Or was it. Haha
Reply 1292
when you have late nights and early mornings.

when you feel so sick the day of the exams.
You contemplate getting a Black/White TV to save money on your license...
When you're secretly glad that you were turned down from a job you applied for.
Reply 1295
when having a nap after dinner is a perfectly acceptable way of delaying assignment work.
you eat your daily meals in reverse....had pizza for breakfast, had a sandwich for luch and am going to have cereal for dinner....
Reply 1297
At least you have enough plates to throw out. We have three big plates and three small plates between six of us and safe to say they are never clean. We used to have more plates but they disappeared, so me and my flatmate replaced them and they disappeared as well. Same deal with cutlery, bowls and just about every other kitchen utensil. Apparently the flat below us has loads of plates. I wander why...
Original post by Azog 150
At least you have enough plates to throw out. We have three big plates and three small plates between six of us and safe to say they are never clean. We used to have more plates but they disappeared, so me and my flatmate replaced them and they disappeared as well. Same deal with cutlery, bowls and just about every other kitchen utensil. Apparently the flat below us has loads of plates. I wander why...

You need to facilitate an Operation Steal-Back.
Original post by tillytots
back from lectures/seminars: time to nap.

when you decide to take an hourish nap or lie down for a bit and end up waking 6 hours later and think crap just lost a whole evening of revision and go back to sleep.

Quick Reply

Latest