The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

what did you lot get for the question with the demand curve.

the answers mainly reffering to prce elasity, which one did you lot get?
What was the 'B' answer for the PPF question on the chart. I recall C and B being similar worded answers.

I think i put C.
Did anyone here do the OCR Market System Paper today?
Reply 23
yeah i too did the question about the tin. for the last question about 1 demand and 1 supply that would cause a change in demand for tin what did you put?????????
for demand i put a new substitue might come into market which is cheaper than tin makeing demand for Tin decrease and that would also mean a price decrease. i aslo put someting about it becoming price elastic.

i think the iea of a new sub is worong so i think i messed up on this answer.

and for supply i wrote about indonesia cutting the export restriction which would mean there would be increase in supply leading to price decrease in TIN

what did you put?
I put:

A new cheaper substitue- but which would make people switch their purchases.

For supply, i put: Decrease wages for the workers.
Reply 26
Yeah for demand i put: new cheaper substitute
And supply: better technologies
Reply 27
for demand i put the introduction of a substitute
and for supply i put the entry of a new firm onto the market
Reply 28
can the first poster change the title to unit one econiomics edexcel, seein as this is the main paper of discussion and its confusing otherwise.

i found really alrite, apart from ont the tin question i wrote about PED not PES! nooo 5 marks!!!!!! so gutted after. its really annoying me because i know how to answer it!

one thing that threw me and i reckon people would have fallen for the trap when they had the demand curve and it was about have elasticity changes, two were obviously not the answers, but B saids it goes from inelastic to elastic. and d just said elasticity varies. i nearly put B but i wokred about it goes from elastic to inelastic so it had to be D.

i think i put C for the one about the opportunity cost, the more agrilcuture, the bigger the opportunity cost.

i was soo pushed for time, i finished as she said pens down, i didnt get a chance to check.
Reply 29
.x.g.x.

one thing that threw me and i reckon people would have fallen for the trap when they had the demand curve and it was about have elasticity changes, two were obviously not the answers, but B saids it goes from inelastic to elastic. and d just said elasticity varies. i nearly put B but i wokred about it goes from elastic to inelastic so it had to be D.

Well I was a bit confused by that question, becuase like you I worked out that it goes from elastic to inelastic (somthing like -5.0 to -0.2) but I wans't sure whether i had done the calculations correct so I put B.

Grrrr I'm so annoyed with that paper. The previous ones were much easier compared to that. I definitely want an A, but more importantly I wanted 85+/90 for ums score which i don't think I'll get now.
Reply 30
I did this paper. I found it pretty difficult, espically with time aspect, not enough time at all, I barely had time to think. We worked it out at 3 mins 45 seconds per multiple choice question which is nothing. I hope I've just passed really. I did the long question about oil. And I screwed up the elasticity thing. Doh.
Reply 31
I did AQA units 1, 2 and 3 as I messed up last year. Unit 1 and 2 we ok I guess, but on unit 3 I did shockingly bad.
Reply 32
Ads.

Grrrr I'm so annoyed with that paper. The previous ones were much easier compared to that. I definitely want an A, but more importantly I wanted 85+/90 for ums score which i don't think I'll get now.

i'm the same as you, although i dont think it was particulary hard but i made stupid mistakes like on section b i mistook pes for ped so ive lost the whole 5 marks. really annoyed with myself as i was also aiming for close to, if not 100%. two years ago somebody got 34/40 and still got 100% and i didnt think the paper was a particulary hard 1, even though i lost 5 marks, i had no time to check and im really careless so i would have dropped a few more. ahhh!!!
Reply 33
don't worry everyone. by the sounds of it we should have of done well. good luck!
What are the grade boundries?
Reply 35
Scott Storch
What are the grade boundries?

Well on the examiners report for June 2005 it said 25 out of 40 (remember they halve your section A score, for whatever reason) is an A. This equated to 72 ums. So hopefully it will be a little lower this time.
Reply 36
lily_x
yay i got 0.5 too :smile:

in the multiple choice for the second question (the possibility frontiers) did anybody get C?

did anyone do unit 2 and if so how did u find it?

I did the unit 2. It was impossible :frown: . I did q2 about the tobacco but didnt have anything relevant to write for the 10 mark questions :confused:
Looking at what you guys got as answers, it's made me feel a bit better because I got 0.5, D-varies in elasticity etc however it still was a bit tricky in places. I really want to get an A though and a good UMS. Ah well, I'll see how it goes.
you think boundreis will go down?

and also what did you wriet for the anseer of question 1 :p:
Reply 39
i done edexcel unit 1, i did the oil data response i messed up, big time, time went so fast as the multiple choice took longer to solve. :smile: good luck to the unit 4 edexcel students