The Student Room Group

The animal that you hate/freaks you out the most?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tsr-member
Anglerfish :frown:

The big, scary, teethy thing is the female of the species. ...and the puny, little maggot underneath it is the male!
The males are indeed tiny and they sort of dig into the female and live there. - eventually becoming no more than a parasitic, sperm-producing body inside the female.

*shudders* so odd!

The description of the male-female relationship just sounds like a clingy couple. You know the type who are really fun when they're single and then appear to drop off the face of the earth when they find each other. THOSE people. I think we've just come up with a new insult for them actually.

"you anglerfish!" <<<< You heard/saw it here first people!
Sloths.

I don't know why people say they're cute, they're ****ing disgusting.

Vile.
snake ,i can't stand it
Reply 103
Its the Ostrich for me!!
Rats/mice
Reply 105
This

dramatic lemur.jpg
Reply 106
Cassowaries and emus.
Homosapiens seconded: The only species that has ever existed on earth (to our knowledge) that is capable of taking pleasure from inflicting pain and suffering on others.
Original post by Torpedo Fish
Homosapiens seconded: The only species that has ever existed on earth (to our knowledge) that is capable of taking pleasure from inflicting pain and suffering on others.

And what was change? humans, the successor of homosapiens, might be cruel as well, if they want. As humans count to animals (Introduction to evolution), they are the animals which I hate most of all. My reasons:

- some of them are so stupid that they make the same mistake time and time again!
- humans are irresposible: they exploit the world so much that they endanger all kinds of life here on earth.
- humans are ridiculous: they had founded settlements/civilizations from time to time to be independent of natural influences. And what was happened? they are independent more than before in our "modern" society... :facepalm:
I have a bit of a thing against baboons because they look so aggressive.

Apart from Rafiki of course.
Original post by sarahthegemini
I have a bit of a thing against baboons because they look so aggressive.

Apart from Rafiki of course.

I thought he is a mandrill?
Original post by Kallisto
I thought he is a mandrill?

I think he's sort of a cross between the two.
Original post by sarahthegemini
I think he's sort of a cross between the two.

I have seen mandrills in a zoo which have a bare-bottom like baboons...
Original post by tsr-member
Anglerfish :frown:

The big, scary, teethy thing is the female of the species. ...and the puny, little maggot underneath it is the male!
The males are indeed tiny and they sort of dig into the female and live there. - eventually becoming no more than a parasitic, sperm-producing body inside the female.

*shudders* so odd!

Lol all I can think of is that fish from Finding Nemo :wink: Ah, how life is being a social outcast! But agreed, these are hideous.
Original post by Kallisto
I have seen mandrills in a zoo which have a bare-bottom like baboons...

I googled it; "though he somewhat resembles a mandrill, Rafiki has a long tail and lacks a distinctive crested head, and is referred to usually as a baboon"
Reply 115
Original post by Dux_Helvetica
Eels! Ever since I found a dead one in the lake nearby I've held them in contempt as my least favourite animal. Nasty/vicuous looking teeth, bad smell, slimy to the touch. Disgusting.

Of course he smells bad if he's dead, poor guy. Don't judge the whole eel population on that, I bet they smell gorgeous normally :colonhash:

Original post by Torpedo Fish

Isn't cats playing with prey kinda like that?
(edited 11 years ago)
I don't hate them, but I am deeply disturbed by jellyfish.
Naked mole rats.
Reply 118
Rats and mice. Had a panic attack at school once and had to be sent home because there was one in my class. Funny thing was I didn't even see it.
Original post by suggsina
Isn't cats playing with prey kinda like that?

Not really, it's instinctive behaviour.. There's no sadistic intention.

Quick Reply

Latest