The Student Room Group

International Medical Students applying to UK for 2013 intake!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Thanks that was helpful.But wat are you talkin' aout caps???
Reply 61
Thanks that was helpful.But wat are you talkin' about caps???
Reply 62
Original post by sherazhar
Thanks that was helpful.But wat are you talkin' about caps???

Capslock, Uppercase text.
Reply 63
Hey guys, another successful international applicant here. My profile's in the link below and feel free to ask me questions that you might have! :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=865511&page=26&p=37066074#post37066074
Reply 64
Hello all

A successful(barely) Malaysian applicant here, don't hesitate to ask me any questions.

Link to my profile

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=865511&page=26&p=37571190

P.S You don't need heaps of impressive sounding work experience, you just need to be able to learn and observe things at the workplace and also be able to elaborate on them.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by sherazhar
xacttly i have started practising for both! Timin' is d problem.It's very difficult to finish evry question! Wat materials dd u use for practice?

UKCAT I did a few online practices. I um.. Didn't practice for BMAT. :tongue: I'm regretting it! But it was during my A2 trials so yknow..
Oh and there are so many Malaysian applicants here! Hello! :biggrin:
Reply 67
Original post by Stephaniet18
Oh and there are so many Malaysian applicants here! Hello! :biggrin:

Hello! Excited about September?
Reply 68
Original post by stephanietbrown
hey guys! I applied as an International student and got into Oxford for 2012! :smile: msg me if you have any questions I remember exactly what it was like and how confusing it was! x

an i know how u got in2 oxford? lyk wat wre ur GCSE's and predicted a level grades plus work experience and stuff? Please share ur experience!
Reply 69
Original post by doctork2
I'm here if anyone has questions about applying as an international student! :biggrin:

hello, i am an international student,what i mean i finished my degree in law in iraq, previously i studied all science subject same as A -level, but as it is obvious it does not have any consideration in uk, now i really really like to apply for medicine, but i do not know what i do? they said sit gamsat but i think it is english is quite difficult, i know i can pass in the biology , chemistry and, physics, but the english they said it is the text from 18th century , so now, my only option is bbk course (certificate of higher education in subject allied to medicine)do you guys think this is good enough with my degree to apply? please i need help
Reply 70
Original post by tofan
hello, i am an international student,what i mean i finished my degree in law in iraq, previously i studied all science subject same as A -level, but as it is obvious it does not have any consideration in uk, now i really really like to apply for medicine, but i do not know what i do? they said sit gamsat but i think it is english is quite difficult, i know i can pass in the biology , chemistry and, physics, but the english they said it is the text from 18th century , so now, my only option is bbk course (certificate of higher education in subject allied to medicine)do you guys think this is good enough with my degree to apply? please i need help

You should contact the universities directly about your qualifications & degree. However, if you think that your english is not good enough to take the GAMSAT exam, how do you think you will cope with the course as all the teaching + examinations are done in english. The GAMSAT is an admissions test and cannot be substituted by another course / certification in most cases. (Some universities will accept the UKCAT instead)
Reply 71
Original post by Vulpes
You should contact the universities directly about your qualifications & degree. However, if you think that your english is not good enough to take the GAMSAT exam, how do you think you will cope with the course as all the teaching + examinations are done in english. The GAMSAT is an admissions test and cannot be substituted by another course / certification in most cases. (Some universities will accept the UKCAT instead)[/QUO

thanks for reply, my english is not that bad, i have scored 7 out of 9 in ielts, which is a high level and accepted by all uni, but they said the section one gamsat is not todays english ,it is the poem ,or it is things that non academic native speaker even can not understand them , thanks
Woooo international applicants! I can't believe it's been like 4 years since I applied. Doesn't feel that long ago. Anyways if anyone has any questions for me then send me a personal message. Little bit about me: I'm from Canada and went straight from high-school to medical school. I'm heading into 4th year of medicine so I'll be good at answering questions about how's it like to be an international student in uni/studying medicine and future job worries and so on. :smile:
Reply 73
Original post by magichearts
x

DMD or Union Summer Social? Which one is better? :h:
Original post by Vulpes
DMD or Union Summer Social? Which one is better? :h:

You know you could go to both. :P But if you can only pick one...DMD because I'll be there. :tongue:
Reply 75
Original post by magichearts
You know you could go to both. :P But if you can only pick one...DMD because I'll be there. :tongue:

They're both on June 8th!
Original post by Vulpes
They're both on June 8th!

DMD starts at like 7ish...Summer Social you can go in at like midnight. So you could technically go to both.
Another successful International applicant.

And from Sri lanka.
Let the A100 Games Begin! :P
Reply 79
Original post by MarshmallowBob
Let the A100 Games Begin! :P

May the odds be ever in your favour. :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending