The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by drspa44
In a bus or star network, can there be a collision with incoming and outgoing traffic between the same two nodes? In which case, to state 'no collisions' as an advantage of a star network would be wrong.

Indeed but signals that aren't destined for either the sender or receiver will not cause collision :tongue:
Reply 421
To add to exam2k10's prediction,
Original post by exam2k10
This is what Im going for now, based on the papers I have done.

Traversal of Binary Trees (Inorder, Preorder, Postorder, Depth First, Breadth First)

Hashing

Insertion Sort

Traversal of Binary Trees which involve a stack, thus making it a recursive routine

SQL + Normalisation

Peer To Peer networks/ public key + private key

Firewalls

Thin Computing vs Rich Computing (Can someone please give me a good answer to this as I feel that it may come up)

OS Classification, API, Virtual machine

Abstraction + Information hiding

Stages of simulation

'Interesting Binary Numbers' - under the Binary section, things like smallest/biggest

Hand Trace recursion (can't remember who's post this was from, but saw it about page 8)

Can't think of anything else, but good luck to everyone! :biggrin:
Gonna start getting ready for School.

Good Luck to Everyone!!! Lets hope for an easy Paper :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 423
Heading to school now so I can grab some lunch and skim read through everything. Best of luck to everyone :smile:
I found COMP2 ridiculously easy last year, hoping today goes equally well.

But if not, I take comfort in knowing I can afford to loose some marks due to relatively low grade boundaries. It's about 80/100 for an A* and 70/100 for an A.
I'm off. Good luck everyone! :smile:
I thought the paper was really suited to my strengths and all the questions I thought that would come up, came up.. Really easy paper in my opinion if you know the definitions.
Not too bad a paper, looking forward to other peoples answers

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 428
I was expecting much worse tbh. Everything that came up I'd revised for so hopefully I've worded all the definitions correctly! That recursion trace table was a b*tch though, took me about half an hour to do just that! I'd say overall quite an easy paper.
I agree with those who found it quite easy. Though I expect I'd have said the same about the previous papers. And TSR probably isn't representative of everybody sitting it.
Reply 430
Original post by Prings21
I was expecting much worse tbh. Everything that came up I'd revised for so hopefully I've worded all the definitions correctly! That recursion trace table was a b*tch though, took me about half an hour to do just that! I'd say overall quite an easy paper.

I felt it was ok. I think I messed up on the recursion trace and the fill in the blanks was a silly error on my part as I couldn't remember the second bit :colondollar: Other than that it should be ok. What did you get for the order of complexity for the first algorithm?
Reply 431
Original post by Yash13
I felt it was ok. I think I messed up on the recursion trace and the fill in the blanks was a silly error on my part as I couldn't remember the second bit :colondollar: Other than that it should be ok. What did you get for the order of complexity for the first algorithm?

I put a^n
Original post by drumdrum
I put a^n
Pretty sure it was n^2. Although I'm not sure why the algorithm doesn't work in some cases...
Reply 433
I put a^n

Damn I put O(n) :afraid:
Reply 434
Original post by Yash13
Damn I put O(n) :afraid:

Ahh im not saying for a second im right, 'n^2' was my first answer however. I assumed it wasn't 'n' because that means its linear right?
Reply 435
Ahh im not saying for a second im right, 'n^2' was my first answer however. I assumed it wasn't 'n' because that means its linear right?

The basic operation decides order of complexity? So the Bop was W1 = W2, I thought that is a linear comparison. I don't know makes me a bit sick when I think of it. Only 3 marks so its ok I guess but they build up :frown:
It was n^2 because n^2 basic operations were carried out.
Reply 437
For that three mark dry run table I swear there was no output.

I then went on to say that it was O(n) cos I swear it was some sort of linear search

On the whole, I think the paper was good.

For the normalisation question, what did people put down for the two properties regarding the relations?
I put..
1) There should be no redundacies
2) There should be no repeating groups
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 438
Original post by exam2k10
For that three mark dry run table I swear there was no output.

I thought there was 2 :confused:
N^2 should have been correct, as is was a nested for loop, cycling through n times twice. Technically it should be 2n^2, as there were 2 comparisons, but multiples dont matter

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Latest

Trending

Trending