The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

what's so hard about a female taking control?
it just means that the guy either wants to be all bitchy and mistress like or else that the girl just has to tell the guy what to do and he'll do it, she gets it all her own way. guy enjoys it too cause can be fun to be dominated
It's a little hard to describe without calling down the fury of the mods! :p:

Googling should give you some idea...in general, like Smilernuts said, it means the woman's in charge. How far you want to take that is up to your/your partner's preferences. Some people just want to be bossed around, some people want it veeeery slightly more kinky!
Reply 3
He wants you to take control, he wants you to tell him what you want him to do, he wants you to do exactly what you want to do. He might want you to be a bit rough with him, he might want you to do something which involves him sitting back and having absolutely no say in what you're doing, perfect example of something like that would be something slightly more kinky, handcuffs and such.

My boyfriend likes it when i'm more dominant, I do some of, or all of the above and he really enjoys it.
Agony Aunt
What exactly does it mean when the male asks the female to dominate in bed? Isn't it a bit hard for the female to take control? I don't understand exactly what it means :confused:

A: Ride. Go wild. :rolleyes:
Reply 5
my bf often asks me or subtly suggests i take the dominant role in bed.

funnily enough, it's usually when he's in a reallllly lazy mood....:p:
Lol! My girlfriend loves being the submissive one and I kinda like being dominant... but I wouldn't mind being sumissive to her sometime...
ok, just because males have penises does not mean us women cant take over :smile:
Anonymous
Lol! My girlfriend loves being the submissive one and I kinda like being dominant... but I wouldn't mind being sumissive to her sometime...

Switching is always fun :wink: Ask her, she might love a shot being in charge!
Reply 9
I loooooove it when the women take control!. its just the biggest turn on ever ..............back of the net!!:p:

P.s. the handcuff thing is cool try it!.........dont like getting my arse slapped though,:eek: this should be kept for women only????
Reply 10
Agony Aunt
What exactly does it mean when the male asks the female to dominate in bed? Isn't it a bit hard for the female to take control? I don't understand exactly what it means :confused:

Ok, this is going to be a long one.

There are varying levels of dominance from either side, technically encompassing anything from the female being on top, to full BDSM (Bondage Discapline Sadism and Masochism).
At any level beyond slight domination, it demonstrates a level of trust between a couple. Some, like myself, often find it relaxing and a turn-on to have someone else take control.

Think about how usually, it is the male who effectively controls most of the sex, penetration, what happenes etc. The female in a dominating position could be something as simple as you simply taking control by getting on top and telling him what you want, although it could mean many other things. For example, in my BDSM play, me and my fiancee often do the following as an example:
-She will take a domineering position, often starting with telling me what to do.
-This can progress to making me give her oral from a submissive position.
-During sex she will either be on top of me, or direct me with words or her hands.

If the male in question is intending more extreme domineering play, this could also mean:
-Punishment for not doing as told (discapline), anything from slapping to clamping of nipples - use your imagination, anything is acceptable as long as its fun!
-Bondage/restraint, the domineering one tying up the submissive and then effectively making him do whatever she wants. A lot of guys enjoy this! Also the domineering one forcing the submissive to pleasure them in a variety of ways, this could anything from forcing to give oral, to forcing them to have sex.
-Teasing, this effectively comes under bondage! But as it is such a fun catergory, I thought I would give it its own bulletpoint! Teasing is often done while the submissive one is restrained. Teasing could be anything from pleasuring parts of their body in a way which teases them, or forcing them to watch the domineering one masturbate!
-Role Reversal - Not to everyone's tastes! Role reversal does exactly what it says on the tin! It reverses the role, so the female plays a male role and the male plays a female role. An example is "BOB" or "Bend Over Boyfriend". This is a type of fetish play where the woman will use a strap-on or other device to have sex with the boyfriend. (For the record, although a lot of men remain closed minded to it, the anal region is packed with sensitive nerves and not to mention the male g-spot! If any guys havent experimented, I would honestly suggest you do! Its not "Just for gays"!)

Well, I hope thats some help!
It does help having a deviant around at times.
-TicAlex

Notes:
Submissive/Sub - The one being dominated!
Domineering/Dom - The one doing the domination!

This is by no means an exhaustive list...the possibilities are endless!
Reply 11
What a first post *applauds* :biggrin:
Girls should always be on top and dominant with guys - its the only way of making it fair. Its also better.......so i hear......xx
Reply 13
Woop*Feminism*Woop
Girls should always be on top and dominant with guys - its the only way of making it fair. Its also better.......so i hear......xx

Do you actually know what you're talking about, or are you just trying to impress people with your name and banging on about how women should be in charge during sex? What's "fair" about your way? What are you on?
Agony Aunt

Basically... bite him and slap him and don't take any crap. Or just tell him to lie back and not move a muscle and then go to town on him. Do whatever you wanna do - sound like fun? Thought so! :p:
Reply 15
Woop*Feminism*Woop

How does that make anything fair? Wouldn't it be fair if you, you know, BOTH took it in turns to be more dominant?
:s-smilie:
Lol - this is hillarious; cant be arsed to explain.No im not just trying to sound clever or edgy; but i shall take a bit of a hint. I am beginning to sound like Germaine Greer. And hetersoxeual sex is always, to some extent, unfair because the man is always penetrating the woman, which is an assertion of dominance. Blahblah, ill stop xx
Reply 17
I'm not trying to cause trouble or anything, but surely if you are going to go around posting such things, you really should be arsed to explain?
Reply 18
Woop*Feminism*Woop
. And hetersoxeual sex is always, to some extent, unfair because the man is always penetrating the woman, which is an assertion of dominance

riiight. anyway. when a lions eating a zebras head the zebra isnt dominant because its penetrating its stomach :rolleyes:
op if youve been asked to dominate they basically wants you to do everything. initiate everything and take the lead.
Reply 19
Some like to be controlled others like doing the controlling.
Personally, I prefer to make a bacon sandwich instead.