The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Dreamy_whisper
The website keeps saying that my NI number is invalid but its not! I can't find my card but im sure its right because i memorised it as soon as i got it. Has anyone else had this?

maybe you've memorised it wrong then
Reply 2
what website??
Reply 3
Check previous pay-slips, it should be on there.
I lost my NI Card a long time ago, too.
I vaguely remember from working with tax a couple of years back that sometimes -if very very rarely - duplicate NINOs can occur causing a bit of a headache, may be possible?

To be honest it's probably more likely you've got the numbers jumbled. You can go to your local Jobcentre Plus and they'll sort you out with a new card, not entirely sure if they'll require you to know the right number though, but it's worth a shot. You can only get one replacement card though so you'll have to hang onto it.

Have you had a job previously? Your NINO may appear on your pay slips.

Might be worth giving HMRC a ring, they could give you some pointers

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/nic/ynino.htm
Reply 5
nobodyslittlepumpkin
You can go to your local Jobcentre Plus and they'll sort you out with a new card, not entirely sure if they'll require you to know the right number though, but it's worth a shot.]

You don't need to know the number. I lost mine a while back. I went down the job centre and just had to show ID and then they told me what my number is.
Titch89
You don't need to know the number. I lost mine a while back. I went down the job centre and just had to show ID and then they told me what my number is.

Ooh cool, good to know :smile:
Reply 7
Mine was showing as Invalid the other day despite the fact I haven't changed it from what I entered last year and it was fine then. I just clicked save on the page and the error message went away so I don't know what that was all about.
Reply 8
Dreamy_whisper
The website keeps saying that my NI number is invalid but its not! I can't find my card but im sure its right because i memorised it as soon as i got it. Has anyone else had this?

Lots of people have the same error message. According to SFD, it's because they haven't confirmed that the details associated with your NI number are the same as the details you've given them on your application form. When they've checked, the error message should be removed.

Latest

Trending

Trending