The Student Room Group

Debenhams Group Interview - Clothes

I have absolutly no idea what to wear to this group interview I've got for Debenhams.

It's at a fairly posh, local hotel. I've already been to a preliminary interview at the job centre and now I've got a follow-up, group interview. They said it would last 2-3 hours and I can't decide what on earth to wear.

It's not the same as a normal interview yet it's still an interview.

Any ideas. I'm a man, obviously.
Reply 1
Just wear some suit trousers and a nice formal shirt. Jesus 2-3 hours, what the hell will you do? thats pretty long. Good luck anyways!
Reply 2
yeah smart-casual should do. plain (probably black) trousers with a shirt...what position is it for? if it's sales assistant sort of thing then that should be enough, if it's a bit higher then maybe think of a suit and tie?

plus how did you get the interview? i'm in need of some work myself. any tips gratefully received :smile:
Reply 3
n_251

plus how did you get the interview? i'm in need of some work myself. any tips gratefully received :smile:

It's a new store in the new shopping centre, saw the ad in the paper, went for a prelim interview and got through to the group interview stage.
I've been already to a previous group interview.
Everyone was dressed pretty formal tbh.

Questions they asked were:

If you could be any cartoon character who would you be? I kid you not.

We were split up into smaller groups and had to find things from a magazine to compliment a dress they gave us and talk about what kind of person would where such clothes.

Then we finally got an item each and had to sell it, say how good it is and what not.

Good luck with your interview
Reply 5
I work in debenhams and have already posted information regarding the interview process, click the link below

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=13298060&postcount=5

Hope this helps
Rob
Reply 6
Rob 07
I work in debenhams and have already posted information regarding the interview process, click the link below

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=13298060&postcount=5

Hope this helps
Rob

Thanks, that was really useful. I'm going to wear a shirt, suit jacket, suit trousers and no tie.
Reply 7
My little sister is a manager at Debenhams and has done interviews for a couple years... she says be smart, and do your research about the company :wink:

Apparently I look scruffy without a tie so if it were me being interviewed she'd prefer a tie... but that's not a rule for everyone :smile:
Reply 8
Touche
My little sister is a manager at Debenhams and has done interviews for a couple years... she says be smart, and do your research about the company :wink:

Apparently I look scruffy without a tie so if it were me being interviewed she'd prefer a tie... but that's not a rule for everyone :smile:

I look like a 30 year-old bank manager with a tie yet magically transform into a handsome, Italian stud without one. Don't burst the bubble, don't burrrrrst it. :no:

Latest

Trending

Trending