The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Be honest, ask yourself what you'd actually bring to the company.
Reply 2
these replies are total bull, he obviously has a lot of ideas of what he would add to the team, but he is asking the question to find out what the iviewers actually want to hear.

My advice would be to play it safe on this question don't say somthing daft

go along the idea of:

dedication & hard-working
creative thinking
quick learner and can apply things quickly
Ability. Enthusiasm.
In all honesty, if an intern was:

bright
fun/the type that gets along with everyone
not cocky
willing to work hard on boring tasks
at least reasonably interested in the job

He'd be heads and shoulders above the average candidate
Reply 5
as an intern the enthusiasm to work hard on the most mundane and dull tasks will put you in a good stead. Having been a first year grad on several different teams and then a second year on the same teams with an underling below me heres a few good/bad things you can do:

Good things
Be happy to help on pretty much anything, no matter how ****/mundane the work seems, 99% of the time you're being asked to do it for a reason.
Get along with everyone on the team. Even if you're working with a complete jerk, get on with them, looks very good from a managers persective if they know that xyz is hard to work with.
Be willing to speak up but don't be overbearing/arrogant or ever try to force your ideas on to someone
Do an inordinate amount of tea/coffee runs

Bad things
Don't grumble about tasks/hours/work etc
Don't sit there saying nothing
And the one I find most annoying is when I ask someone to do something and they reply that they are busy despite the fact I've got about 10x more on my plate than they have.

Latest

Trending

Trending