The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Rainbow-Dream
does "in one sitting" mean anytime during the two years, or on a first examination sitting with no resits?

as many exams as you want as long as done in year 12 and 13.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 41
Norris Cole
Entrance requirements will have went up for the majority of universities won't they?

I was expecting it but it went up quite a lot for some courses. A lot of courses now at UCL have similar entrance requirements to those in Oxbridge and the rest of the G5
Last year they didn't ask for an A Level in German for German, why do they now? :frown: And wasn't there supposed to be a new liberal arts programme out in 2011?
Reply 43
Samual
Last year they didn't ask for an A Level in German for German, why do they now? :frown: And wasn't there supposed to be a new liberal arts programme out in 2011?

Presumably they are no longer going to teach it ab-initio.
paddy
Presumably they are no longer going to teach it ab-initio.

Yes but i think they only started German ab initio for 2010 entry! Why do it for one year and then stop?
Reply 45
Samual
Yes but i think they only started German ab initio for 2010 entry! Why do it for one year and then stop?

Because they tried it and it was a disaster?
paddy
Because they tried it and it was a disaster?

How?
Reply 47
I think he's suggesting a reason why the ab-initio course could've been scrapped after a year, rather than saying that was definitely the reason for it.
But there are pleanty of reasons it might not have worked out - it's not easy to get people who start the language ab initio up to the same level as those who start out at A-level standard, within just 2 years by the time they go abroad. It would also require twice the number of language classes, if not more, if you have two streams of abilities going through (you can hardly put ab initios in the same class as those post-a-level) which either gives the language teachers a much higher workload, or necessitates additional staff being brought in, which isn't the easiest thing to do.
Added to the fact it makes timetabling even more interesting.
Reply 48
All the sciences went up to AAA-AAB. And they're now offering 4-year MSci for my course as well as for Neuroscience- either it's gonna be less hardcore that way, because things will be more spread out, or it will be even harder...
Reply 49
I'm interested in how all the other university's change their entrance requirements, because this is the only 2011 prospectus I have seen so far. My sister will be doing her UCAS next year, so naturally curious about entrance requirements and how they are going to be changing...
Reply 50
is 2011 entry for people n year 12 noww????????? because im in year 12 and i read for 2012 entry they need C in modern language which i didnt get, it was MY ONLY D! so yer is this for current year 12 then?
The requirement for a C in a MFL is unlikely to change and the prospectus is for people in Year 12 now I believe.
Reply 52
The Blind Monk
The requirement for a C in a MFL is unlikely to change and the prospectus is for people in Year 12 now I believe.

OMG THANK GOD thanks man :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
Consider retaking that GCSE if it bothers you that much to be honest
Reply 54
The Blind Monk
Consider retaking that GCSE if it bothers you that much to be honest

cant retake it before i apply
Reply 55
ashton.alfred
cant retake it before i apply

you can put on your UCAS form that you're retaking, and then it could be part of a conditional offer.
Reply 56
PJ991
you can put on your UCAS form that you're retaking, and then it could be part of a conditional offer.

hmm if i dont need to like you suggest i dont then thers no point retaking really i was just confused because they say they bringing it out during 2012 entry didnt know if that was my year or not
Reply 57
ashton.alfred
OMG THANK GOD thanks man :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Why thank God? You're in year 12 and you need a C, but you got a D. So you need to re-take.
Reply 58
Noogle
Why thank God? You're in year 12 and you need a C, but you got a D. So you need to re-take.

I dont its the year 11's that need a C
Reply 59
I must be reading it wrong, it looks from the last few posts to me that the C requirement is for Year 12s. Going off The Blind Monk anyway.

Latest

Trending

Trending