The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II
(Join society here)

Description:
Chat about anything Film related. Share your opinions about directors, films, upcoming releases. Found a grey hair in your DVD collection or perhaps you're obsessed with a certain actor/actress? This is the place. Everybody is welcome! :h:

Rules
1. You do not talk about the Film Fanatics Society.
2. You do not talk about the Film Fanatics Society.

Useful links:
TSR Film Wiki
Film Recommendations Thread
IMDB Top 250 films Leaderboard
What was the last film you watched?
Review thread
Film Fanatics - Chat Thread I

Member postcounts for the previous thread:

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
x

You made me feel special for 2 seconds ffs :colonhash:
Reply 2
Does anyone know if The Eagle is supposed to be any good?
Reply 3
**** yeah second thread
Reply 4
S-bick.
first post, daaaamnit -_-

on a completely random note, I wonder why Frodo and his ragtag fellowship just fly on the giant eagles straight to Mount doom and drop the ring in the volcano like that, cut out the Two Towers and ROTK
Original post by Roobsa
Does anyone know if The Eagle is supposed to be any good?

looks good tbh. It's gonna get inevitably and *is already getting negative reviews just for Channing tatum being in it and people criticising his '*non acting but he fits action and dramatic roles

+ Jamie Bell + being set in that historical period = a pretty decent film imo
Reply 7
Might watch Dark City...
:chicken:
Reply 9
Original post by lukejoshjedi
first post, daaaamnit -_-

on a completely random note, I wonder why Frodo and his ragtag fellowship just fly on the giant eagles straight to Mount doom and drop the ring in the volcano like that, cut out the Two Towers and ROTK

"The Eagles are a dangerous 'machine'. I have used them sparingly, and that is the absolute limit of their credibility or usefulness." (J. R. R. Tolkien, Letter to F. Ackerman, June 1958)

Basically, because if that happened, there would be no plot. :p:
Reply 10
:awesome:

Thread 2 begins :yy:
can't wait for Zombieland 2... Charlie Sheen must, must make a celebrity cameo - would just be epiiic
Should plough back into the films I've downloaded. Got Don't Look Now, Repulsion and Cinema Paradiso to look forward to. Also downloaded a couple of political films earlier, Inside Job and Capitalism: A Love Story. Fun fun fun.
Reply 13

On the fitness soc when a new thread is started, usually one of the members calculates and posts, how many posts each individual user has in that thread.

How about something along them lines for the Film soc (1) so we can see how many posts we got and who has the highest ? :tongue:

Just an idea, so thought I'd share it.
Original post by Christien
"The Eagles are a dangerous 'machine'. I have used them sparingly, and that is the absolute limit of their credibility or usefulness." (J. R. R. Tolkien, Letter to F. Ackerman, June 1958)

Basically, because if that happened, there would be no plot. :p:

yeaah true, good point made by Tolkien there as well. Makes me think of the 'How it should have ended' series online.. the Lord of the rings one is quite funny
Monsters Inc. 2

CAN NOT WAIT.
Reply 16
The Kids Are All Right was pretty.....all right :cool:
Reply 17
Ape, how much time did it take to quote everyone in that post, **** me. :indiff:

Saw Lincoln Lawyer today and really enjoyed it. It had looked good from the trailers but I wasn't expecting much from Matthew McConaughey, he surprised me though.

And I'm sure this has already been discussed, but is Battle: Los Angeles worth watching? May go tomorrow.
Original post by jumpingjesusholycow
Monsters Inc. 2

CAN NOT WAIT.

:coma:

Is there a trailer.. or any news?
Reply 19
This?

Spoiler

:tongue:

If that's it, then I'll add it to the OP. :smile:

Indeed :ditto: