The Student Room Group

Cardiff City FC Appreciation Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by adam_leeds
You taste like you are in the wrong league, and should be in a different one.

Why the bitterness? Oh, let me guess.

We knocked you out of the FA cup which led to your pathetic demise down the leagues.

2-1 in the FA Cup
4-0 this season at Elland Road
2-1 this season at the CCS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFrYZtpLq1Q

Our worst ever player even scored against you.

No wonder you want us out because we're the team you can't beat. Pathetic! :rofl:
Best of luck in your matches with Reading, should be two cracking semi finals.
Original post by Tricky_Tree
Best of luck in your matches with Reading, should be two cracking semi finals.

cheers man

I'm praying we do ok away against them.

if you're a Forest fan then I hope you beat Swansea. I don't think my heart could cope with it if we or reading had a final against them knowing they're one game away from going up.
Original post by AreYouDizzeeBlud_x
cheers man

I'm praying we do ok away against them.

if you're a Forest fan then I hope you beat Swansea. I don't think my heartcwould cope with it if we or reading had a final against them knowing they're one game away from going up.

Aye, I am a Forest fan. Nervous about tomorrow, I think the majority of our fans wanted Cardiff in the semi finals but then again, I have seen many teams turn it around in the play offs.

The words of Dave Jones don't inspire confidence though, he always seems so glum!

I thought you guys would be open to the idea of Swansea getting promoted (if not Cardiff), so that there is a Welsh team in the Premiership?
Aye, I am a Forest fan. Nervous about tomorrow, I think the majority of our fans wanted Cardiff in the semi finals but then again, I have seen many teams turn it around in the play offs.

The words of Dave Jones don't inspire confidence though, he always seems so glum!

I thought you guys would be open to the idea of Swansea getting promoted (if not Cardiff), so that there is a Welsh team in the Premiership?

Well yes I would be happy for them but I can just see them gloating like they've won the World Cup or taken over the world regardless. So for that reason I hope we end up facing Forest at Wembley if we get there and hopefully a few of your players have an off day.

I can see Forest going up tbh as your manager has done a great job getting you back on form after such a poor run that nearly saw you miss out on the playoffs altogether.

I would't mind them going up if we had already gone up automatically. But for them to go up instead of us would be absolute hell.
Well yes I would be happy for them but I can just see them gloating like they've won the World Cup or taken over the world regardless. So for that reason I hope we end up facing Forest at Wembley if we get there and hopefully a few of your players have an off day.

I can see Forest going up tbh as your manager has done a great job getting you back on form after such a poor run that nearly saw you miss out on the playoffs altogether.

Hopefully fourth time lucky! Couldn't ask for much more in terms of form, scoring plenty of goals now. We were never expected to do well last year, I think we got a bit caught up in it at the end and were unfortunate to face an inspired Blackpool team.

Our aggregate with Swansea this season is 5-4, so we just gotta repeat it! Would enjoy a final with Cardiff..all starts today
Hopefully fourth time lucky! Couldn't ask for much more in terms of form, scoring plenty of goals now. We were never expected to do well last year, I think we got a bit caught up in it at the end and were unfortunate to face an inspired Blackpool team.

Our aggregate with Swansea this season is 5-4, so we just gotta repeat it! Would enjoy a final with Cardiff..all starts today

Well I want Forest to win both legs and then if we get to the final I want Earnshaw to pick up a 48 hour bug the day before so he can't play. :colone:
My heart and head says a Reading v Swansea final. I can't see Cardiff beating Reading if i'm honest and Cardiff are on the back of an awful result and a draw against Burnley (which isn't bad i know but still) so it will be interesting.
Well I want Forest to win both legs and then if we get to the final I want Earnshaw to pick up a 48 hour bug the day before so he can't play. :colone:

Kris Boyd is the man you should be worried about! He has hit some really good form now :biggrin:
Reply 90
Thought we should have won that match :\
Just got back.

Have to say a few things

1. Good result with Bellamy off injured quite early on
2. Madejski is a great stadium, in a great location and a credit to Reading FC as were the stewards
3. Reading's fans were quality, well the ones who showed up were great
4. The atmosphere in the away end was amazing and stood for 90 minutes singing our hearts out
5. I now believe in religion and Kevin McNaughton is God :adore:

Overall I thought it was a fair result. Reading attacked a lot but we were equal to it most of the time and could have scored ourselves on the rare occasion.
Gutted I couldn't be there. Managed to watch most of the game on my phone, thought it was a pretty poor game tbh, very scrappy. Both teams probably too scared to give the other the advantage. Gutted Bellers went off early, but hopefully its just a precaution as the club have said.
Think the game on Tuesday should be a lot better, just hope it doesn't go to a shootout like last years did!
Reply 93
Good game guys. Unlucky on some of the decisions but that's football I guess.
Original post by Davezk
Good game guys. Unlucky on some of the decisions but that's football I guess.

Yeah, good luck in the final vs Swansea. Im not too bothered who wins and whoever wins deserves it.

I just hope we get the management issues sorted out/send all the loan players back who have behaved wrongly off the pitch/get rid of the drama queens who think its all about them, and rebuild for the future by making some smart signings with players from the lower end of the championship that stand out and league one.

A good start would be that Mackail-Smith. He has scored goals for fun this season in League One and its been proven that those who do well in that league can do well in the championship as well. Grant Holt, Luciano Becchio and Max Gradel have proved that at Norwich and Leeds.
Original post by adam_leeds
-

I think you'll find that im not bothered. It was too early for us to go up anyway and we'd have come straight back down anyway. Jones will leave now, we can clear out a lot of the players and move on by signing new players.

Good luck to both Swansea and Reading in the final. They both deserve to be there on merit.

However, I do find it somewhat funny that a fan of a team that couldn't even make the playoffs has commented. There's no need to spam a thread.
I think it's not a bad thing you guys lost anyway. I don't rate Jones as a manager, think you can do a lot better. I dread to think how you would do in the Prem if you got up there tbh, because i don't think you would be up to it at the moment in time!
Original post by Gob Bluth
I think it's not a bad thing you guys lost anyway. I don't rate Jones as a manager, think you can do a lot better. I dread to think how you would do in the Prem if you got up there tbh, because i don't think you would be up to it at the moment in time!

Agreed.

We have a lot of egotistical players at the club at the moment and surprisingly Bellamy isn't one of them.

I hope Swansea go up to be honest, I dont get all this violence related rivalry nonsense. It would benefit Wales on the whole which is better for all concerned. Whether you go up or stay down shouldn't concern us, we should focus on our own club and no one else.

I'm not too bothered with the championship again either. To be honest, I prefer it to the premiership. We could also have 4 trips to south England next year with Brighton and Southampton up, Portsmouth already in the championship and Bournemouth could join them if they win the playoffs. Then we have the likes of Millwall, West Ham and even Birmingham and Wigan could come down so there will be quite a few decent teams with good followings in the championship next year anyway.

I honestly think with the current squad we got now, had we gone up, a lot of them would have got bonuses, would have been given permanent contracts and we'd have got a hiding all season which would have been a bigger embarrassment.

I hope Swansea go up to be honest, I dont get all this violence related rivalry nonsense. It would benefit Wales on the whole which is better for all concerned. Whether you go up or stay down shouldn't concern us, we should focus on our own club and no one else.

Sorry, I can't agree. The rivalry isn't just violence. Its a football (and historically civic) rivalry. I could not deal with the Jacks going up. Can you imagine how much they will gloat?

Plus, it would be terrible for us. There is a very real risk of losing a generation of youngsters to the Jacks if they do go up. After all, who would they prefer to see. Us battle it out again in the championship, or see world class players at Swansea.
I've heard very strong rumours that Dave Jones is on his way. Hooray. A new dawn for our club with players that actually care hopefully.

Quick Reply