The Student Room Group

Nottingham Medicine Applicants 2012

Since there isn't already a thread I thought I'd create one?

Does anyone know much about the online questionnaire. All I'm getting from their website is it basically tests is your personality it suitable for the course. What format is it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
perhaps you can check the 2011 thread? i read the thread and some applicants did talk about the questionnaire... it's like multiple choice i think.
Subbing in so I can watch the festivities. :colone:

The questionnaire isn't too much to worry about. You have to write down the details of any work experience and do some multiple choice, IIRC, personality stuff.
Reply 3
I'm interested in applying to Nottingham :biggrin:
Reply 4
So how was everyone's UKCAT? Looking forward to the questionnaire? :colone:

I gotta finish my PS... got all the work experience letters from my workpalces :smile: So I think I'm pretty set to go! :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by Fission_Mailed

The questionnaire isn't too much to worry about. You have to write down the details of any work experience and do some multiple choice, IIRC, personality stuff.

hmm do we need to have reference letters? or would the details themselves suffice?
Original post by Metastasis
hmm do we need to have reference letters? or would the details themselves suffice?

Just details are fine! I was never asked for reference letters or anything :tongue:
Reply 7
Does anyone know anything about a UKCAT cut off for 2012? :smile:
Reply 8

Original post by ll94
Does anyone know anything about a UKCAT cut off for 2012? :smile:

I read from somewhere there doesn't seem to be a cutoff, but they look at individual sections and score them individually? Am confused much :frown:
Reply 9
I'm also interested in applying to nottingham, although it means getting an A in as physics because of my B at GCSE :/
Original post by nikhil.shah
Is it true that Nottingham reject applicants if their individual UKCAT scores are too wide ranging/sections below 600?? I got 560, 620, 730, 880 so obvs pretty far apart :s-smilie:

Well done with the 880 you must have only got like 2 or 3 answers wrong :eek:

I havent seen anything about certain scores needed and their website doesnt give many details about how they use the UKCAT, just that theres no cut off........
Reply 11
do they care about AS grades?
Original post by nikhil.shah
Is it true that Nottingham reject applicants if their individual UKCAT scores are too wide ranging/sections below 600?? I got 560, 620, 730, 880 so obvs pretty far apart :s-smilie:

I got 590 in VR and 850 in DA and got in so no, I doubt that's true :smile:

Is there a time limit to answer the multiple choice stuff? Are they the same questions for every candidate that year? And what's IIRC? Thanks!
Hello everyone :biggrin:
Original post by thesalamander123
Is there a time limit to answer the multiple choice stuff? Are they the same questions for every candidate that year? And what's IIRC? Thanks!

IIRC stands for "if I recall correctly", because I filled out the questionnaire in 2009. The questions are the same for everyone, as they use your answers to compare you to other people, and there is normally a 1-2 week time limit to fill out the questionnaire.
Reply 16
Do you fill out the questionnaire before the 15 October deadline or after?
Original post by Girl.
Do you fill out the questionnaire before the 15 October deadline or after?

After, they will send you a link to it once all of the applications are in.
Reply 18
After, they will send you a link to it once all of the applications are in.

Ah! Thanks very much :biggrin:
Reply 19
im thinking of applying to the A100 course. do you think i would have a chance? (international student btw!) Thanks in advance :smile:

GCSE: 1A* 7A 1C
AS: AAAB (Math, Chemistry, Biology, Economics respectively)
Predicted AAA
UKCAT: 600

also can someone suggest another university that i could be legible for? because i am quite stuck with choices at the moment and im getting really worried :frown:

Quick Reply