The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Ask Absolutely Anything! (+FAQ)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jodin
Alright chaps, fresher here, tried to sort out the food card business today, I asked for it to use the same picture as I used for my university card but it couldn't find it, presumably as it's yet to choose the one picture I've uploaded I suppose. Anyway I can sort out another picture so that's not a problem, just wondering, the card works as a debit card would correct (i.e. I have money on it, give it to some chap at the till, type some code in and hurrah my stuff's paid for.)?

Yeah I don't think anyone has specifically checked the picture on the card. If you do lose it you can report it as stolen online though.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2121
Right oh, ta for the information chums. I went to do it again and this time when I got to the the first bit where you upload your picture and the like I got a message saying that information entered on to that page could be read by third parties, of course since I would then go on to enter card details on the next page I should like to know if this is usual.
Does anyone know if the internet connection is good enough for online gaming? Specifically playing on the PS3 via PSN, and in Arthur Vick if that makes any difference. :smile:
Reply 2123
Can i pay for accommodation by a bank transfer? Or it is necessary to do it only via direct debit? Guys, can you answer my question? :biggrin:
Reply 2124
Original post by Mouse Potato
Does anyone know if the internet connection is good enough for online gaming? Specifically playing on the PS3 via PSN, and in Arthur Vick if that makes any difference. :smile:

The first term was **** for me but after that it really improved. You should be fine...won't pull host connection but pings are nice and low :smile: And I was in AV too :smile:
Reply 2125
Hey guys! What are people doing about the photos that you've got to send off for the enrollment? Are they passport photos or are people just taking photos on their camera and sending them off? Sorry if this is a stupid question!
Original post by choly7
Hey guys! What are people doing about the photos that you've got to send off for the enrollment? Are they passport photos or are people just taking photos on their camera and sending them off? Sorry if this is a stupid question!

You can use either as long as it's just your head against a white background. Some people use passport photos some just take a photo of themselves against a wall.
Reply 2127
Original post by screenager2004
You can use either as long as it's just your head against a white background. Some people use passport photos some just take a photo of themselves against a wall.

Ok, thanks for answering! By the way, totally loving your sig!
Original post by georgia
The £2 pints would be what I would call cheap...not the Duck prices :wink:

I mean, you can get a pint for £2.30. Maybe the 30p makes all the difference.
Original post by GarethBrown
I mean, you can get a pint for £2.30. Maybe the 30p makes all the difference.

Oh can you? I've not been in the Duck for over a year - I've been on Erasmus.

Perhaps I should be more specific...a Kopparberg for £2 :wink:
Original post by georgia
Oh can you? I've not been in the Duck for over a year - I've been on Erasmus.

Hahaha! OK, good luck with that! Im not sure we even buy it for much less than that...!
Reply 2131
is there anyone doing international management/management this year on this thread? if so im an international management student going in to my 2nd year and have the books you would need...looking to sell them so contact me if you would like them...theyre a lot cheaper buying second hand and all the books are in good condition :smile:
Reply 2132
Original post by mevidek
Not something I'll probably want to study so it shouldn't really matter, but if I study ancient history then we'll probably do ancient languages such as Greek and Latin, no? And if I do theology then them also?

I'm applying for Ancient History there and you don't have to do languages :smile:
Reply 2133
Original post by georgia
The £2 pints would be what I would call cheap...not the Duck prices :wink:

Ah, my bad :frown:

Original post by georgia

If only! :sogood: cost £3.15 or something when i was in there last week
Reply 2134
Could you clear this up for me? I'm in Rootes an I've been given a room number with a B on the end, and someone else has been given the same number in the same block with an A on it. Does that mean we're next door neighbours, or are we on different floors? We're not sharing because both of our contacts say single rooms, so we don't know what it means?
Thanks!
Original post by choly7
Could you clear this up for me? I'm in Rootes an I've been given a room number with a B on the end, and someone else has been given the same number in the same block with an A on it. Does that mean we're next door neighbours, or are we on different floors? We're not sharing because both of our contacts say single rooms, so we don't know what it means?
Thanks!

The letter is which block you're in and the number is which room you're in, I believe.
Reply 2136
Hey,

My housing fell through. Does anyone have a lead where to find decent student housing? Temporary would be fine for now.
Reply 2137
Original post by powermanchu
The letter is which block you're in and the number is which room you're in, I believe.

Yeah I got that, but there's an extra letter on the end.

Like say mine is F22B and her's is F22A. No one else has the other A and B letters on the end of theirs, so does anyone know what this means? We're not sharing because both our contacts say single rooms.
Reply 2138
Original post by rayhomme

Original post by rayhomme
Hey,

My housing fell through. Does anyone have a lead where to find decent student housing? Temporary would be fine for now.

Try on http://www.warwicksu.com/forums/topiclist/630/ but if you need a bed urgently then perhaps look for cheap hotels/guesthouses in the area.
Original post by choly7
Yeah I got that, but there's an extra letter on the end.

Like say mine is F22B and her's is F22A. No one else has the other A and B letters on the end of theirs, so does anyone know what this means? We're not sharing because both our contacts say single rooms.

Block F, Flat 22, Room A/B. Next to each other.

Quick Reply

Latest