The Student Room Group

King's College London Postgraduate Applications 2012/13

I don't think there is a thread for this!

Submitted mine today :smile:

Anyone else?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yep.

Submitted mine about a month ago and haven't heard anything yet, still 'received and being processed'! What have you applied for?
Reply 2
International Management. You?
Reply 3
American Studies!
Reply 4
European Studies - French Pathway! Submitted my application about a month ago but haven't heard back from King's yet except for the acknowledgement. I really hope they'll reply soon. The wait is killing me!!

Are there any postgraduate applicants who have gotten an offer yet and if so, how long did you have to wait for their decision?
Reply 5
Good luck! I applied about 2.5 weeks ago. I'm not expecting any news for another couple months really. The wait is going to kill me! KCL is the main uni I want to go to out of all my applications.
Reply 6
You would rank KCL over UCL and Cambridge???
Reply 7
Original post by Franzel
You would rank KCL over UCL and Cambridge???

Certainly not but I like the course at KCL most. I think the most important thing is to like the course content. Plus KCL will be around £4,000 cheaper for me.
Reply 8
Okay, I understand.
However Cambridge will boost your career opportunities .

First we have to wait. :wink:
Reply 9
We shall see..

Check this lol. What type of postgraduate are you? :biggrin:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/2007/may/15/postgraduate.highereducation
Reply 10
I applied before 3 weeks for complex system modelling.
Can I apply to more than one course?
Reply 11
Original post by zziippoo
I applied before 3 weeks for complex system modelling.
Can I apply to more than one course?

I think you can.

I've been wondering about this too..will it display a lack of focus perhaps?

I've applied for International Management but I would like to apply to International Marketing as well, just incase I don't get accepted into management.
Reply 12
Original post by Akkuz
I think you can.

I've been wondering about this too..will it display a lack of focus perhaps?

I've applied for International Management but I would like to apply to International Marketing as well, just incase I don't get accepted into management.

where are you studying now and what?
Reply 13
where are you studying now and what?

Currently International Business and I've applied for International Management.

I'm not sure how a second application would work though.
Reply 14
Original post by Akkuz
Currently International Business and I've applied for International Management.

I'm not sure how a second application would work though.

Is it worth to study someone international management? how strict is KCL if you do not meet your offer? I know that they ask high 2.1 which is 65. in case that someone get 60-62?
Reply 15
Is it worth to study someone international management? how strict is KCL if you do not meet your offer? I know that they ask high 2.1 which is 65. in case that someone get 60-62?

I have no idea how strict they are, depends on how many offers they give out I guess. I know they ask for 65% minimum for my course. I have an average of 72% with 80% in a few modules so I hope I will get an offer :s-smilie:
Reply 16
Original post by Akkuz
I have no idea how strict they are, depends on how many offers they give out I guess. I know they ask for 65% minimum for my course. I have an average of 72% with 80% in a few modules so I hope I will get an offer :s-smilie:

I got an offer on Friday for a course which also has a 65% minimum - I got a 1:1 last year with some high marks so you should be alright :smile:

You are allowed to apply to more than one course, but it is hard to say whether it'll have an adverse effect on your application. If it's within the same dept. and the same admission tutor reads both your applications, he/she may have reason to believe that you won't be dedicated to the course - unless, of course, you can prove otherwise!
Reply 17
Original post by teludaa
I got an offer on Friday for a course which also has a 65% minimum - I got a 1:1 last year with some high marks so you should be alright :smile:

You are allowed to apply to more than one course, but it is hard to say whether it'll have an adverse effect on your application. If it's within the same dept. and the same admission tutor reads both your applications, he/she may have reason to believe that you won't be dedicated to the course - unless, of course, you can prove otherwise!

Nice one. So is your official offer '65% minimum'?
Reply 18
Original post by Akkuz
Nice one. So is your official offer '65% minimum'?

It just says 'Conditional on a 2:1 or above' - I would take it that, that meant the 65% minimum, though!
Reply 19
Original post by teludaa
It just says 'Conditional on a 2:1 or above' - I would take it that, that meant the 65% minimum, though!

But a 2:1 is 60%-69.9%? So that means you need 60% or above!? :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending