The Student Room Group

The Cambridge 2012 Results Day Discussion Thread

The official thread for all discussion relating to your Cambridge decisions :smile:
Enjoy!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Might wanna make that "...for 2012"

or...

just see it on the stalking pages.
The university wide posting date for decision letters is tomorrow, Wednesday 4th January. So technically no one should have one yet.

EDIT: to the people negging me, I was replying to another thread asking when offers would start coming in that got merged with this 'Decisions Chat' thread, I wasn't just being a smartarse :tongue:

EDIT 2: Got an offer, A*AAa :smile: Can't believe it.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
Offers are not out yet.

EDIT: To save myself and the above poster from being negged, this thread was originally concerned with somebody inquiring about offers which had been given out already (of which, of course, there are none). Craghyrax just decided to make this the 'official' offer thread for some reason.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4
I keep telling myself that I only have to wait 2 or 3 more days but, knowing my luck, my postman won't deliver the letter for about a week D:
When are the internationals getting the decisions?
Reply 6
Can''t truly wait for tomorrow/ the day after that. But yeah, decisions are released tomorrow, so this post should be delayed until 5th...
Original post by {Unregistered}
When are the internationals getting the decisions?

Depends on your college, but most of them seems to send out an email tomorrow.
Original post by ofssinfoxes
Depends on your college, but most of them seems to send out an email tomorrow.

Hmmm... I applied to Emmanuel for Computer Science.

I guess if Emmanuel does send an e-mail, then I'll have my decision within the next couple of days.

But if I have to wait for UCAS Track or the mail they send by post, then it will probably take one or two weeks (or so I have heard).
Original post by {Unregistered}
Hmmm... I applied to Emmanuel for Computer Science.

I guess if Emmanuel does send an e-mail, then I'll have my decision within the next couple of days.

But if I have to wait for UCAS Track or the mail they send by post, then it will probably take one or two weeks (or so I have heard).

If they do send an email, you will get it tomorrow.
Original post by ofssinfoxes
If they do send an email, you will get it tomorrow.

Not necessarily. My email just came. Yikes. :clap2:

I haven't opened it, though. I'm not awake enough yet. Gotta brace myself first...
Original post by CaelumCorvi
Not necessarily. My email just came. Yikes. :clap2:

I haven't opened it, though. I'm not awake enough yet. Gotta brace myself first...

Open it!!! (Or don't. I wouldn't be able to resist...)
Original post by LeSacMagique
Open it!!! (Or don't. I wouldn't be able to resist...)

But if I open it, whatever it says, my next few hours will be completely screwed over, and I was just about to go out on a lunch date. I'd be a gibbering idiot. (Or is it "blathering idiot?" Well, I'd be one of those.)

Nah, I'm going to wait until I'm good and braced.

Ha-ha, Cambridge email! You cannot play mind games with me! Back, back into your cage!
But if I open it, whatever it says, my next few hours will be completely screwed over, and I was just about to go out on a lunch date. I'd be a gibbering idiot. (Or is it "blathering idiot?" Well, I'd be one of those.)

Ha-ha, Cambridge email! You cannot play mind games with me! Back, back into your cage!

You are the strongest willed person in the world. Well done.
Reply 14

How very cruel it would be if the content of the email was "This is an email to notify you that we will be sending an email to you tomorrow. Have a nice day!"
Reply 15
Original post by nuodai
How very cruel it would be if the content of the email was "This is an email to notify you that we will be sending an email to you tomorrow. Have a nice day!"

At least its still an email :tongue:
There are too many Cambridge threads now! Aaahh.
Original post by nuodai

It's for real.

:ahee:

It's an offer.

:woo:

Holy cow.

Don't mind me, I'm just going to be sitting over here in the corner stunned for a little while. Wow. Um, wow...

(Being an English applicant, I should probably use more eloquent language, but my brain is mostly thinking, "Weeee!")
Reply 18
It's an offer.

Congratulations! Put it in this thread and have the (superficial) honour of being the first 2012 applicant on TSR to be responded to.

Now I should leave this thread, I'm far too old.
Reply 19
It's for real.

:ahee:

It's an offer.

:woo:

Holy cow.

Don't mind me, I'm just going to be sitting over here in the corner stunned for a little while. Wow. Um, wow...

(Being an English applicant, I should probably use more eloquent language, but my brain is mostly thinking, "Weeee!")

Well done, haha :tongue:

Quick Reply