The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

University of the Arts - London 2012 Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by joelchan
Yeah, they'll understand, I'm sure other people have done it before. Just tell them that you'll send one straight away.

Actually, I'll be in London tomorrow, would it be a good idea to ask someone at the CSM reception desk?
(edited 12 years ago)
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 61
Original post by niasonko
Actually, I'll be in London tomorrow, would it be a good idea to ask someone at the CCM reception desk?

Yeah, and take your mini portfolio with you!
if you ring them I hope you have much better luck that I've had, I've rung every number on the contact list at that uni and have either been ignored or swiftly passed onto another number to then be ignored again, ridiculous!
Reply 63
Original post by angelafusco
if you ring them I hope you have much better luck that I've had, I've rung every number on the contact list at that uni and have either been ignored or swiftly passed onto another number to then be ignored again, ridiculous!

Their admin and organisation is really really bad. But with their reputation they can afford to be. But then again UAL isn't greatly ranked in the UK or Internationally. Whether the ranking mean anything is up to you :confused:
Original post by SwallowTheGuilt
Chat & Offers

Hello,

Are you applying to UAL?
Which Course?
Which College?
Do a foundation year?

!

Yup. I applied for BA Hons Illustration & Visual Media (LCC) and Fashion Illustration (LCF).
I'm from Canada and I've completed foundations here. I'm currently in a Ba hons Illustration program but I'm looking to switch schools. (I know, weird timing but I only started first year in Canada and our programs are over 4 years long so why not?)
Has anyone heard back for the course fashion buying and merchandising yet? X
Reply 66
hi, ive applied for creative driection for fashion at lcf and fashion (communication and promotion) at csm.. along with ravensbourne and northumbria, not heard anything yet.. im scared, anyone heard back yet ?
Nah i haven't heard anything either, tried ringing csm and just got ignored the whole time :/
Reply 68
hey, I've applied to Camberwell, Chelsea and Wimbledon, for the painting and fine art courses.. haven't heard anything yet except for acknowledgement emails. nervous and scared :P haha.
I just received my offer from LCC! :-) So happy.

Good luck to you all!
Reply 70
I applied to the Graphic Design FdA courses at both Camberwell and LCC but havn't received anything else than the acknowledgement letter.. Apparently this means that I don't simply qualify..
Do you know if they will send information too if you do not qualify?

I don't even know if I have enough UCAS points to get in because everytime I've called the answer has been different :biggrin: I have 326 UCAS points which does mean ABB in A-levels but I have an IB diploma and arts schools don't apparently like the IB.. :biggrin:
Reply 71
Anyone heard anything back from LCF regarding foundation courses as a whole :frown: currently have a depressing blank UCAS Track
:s-smilie::confused:
Reply 72
The email you should have received is this one, which I received on the 22 of December. I Applied on the 11th October. Hope this helps.

Dear Applicant,

We have now received your application to the above course here at CCM.

You will be aware that you should submit a mini portfolio when you apply to the course.

This e-mail is to make you aware that you must submit your mini portfolio no later than Friday 20th January 2012.

Home/EU and International applicants applying through UCAS

At the same time that you apply through UCAS you must send in a mini portfolio of your work and an additional 250 word statement about the mini-portfolio, directly to the College.

Note:
Do not deviate from A4 size, mount your prints or present them in any form of binder or portfolio.
Do ensure that your name and UCAS number are clearly displayed on the personal statement.

Which subject did you apply for? I applied for fine art BA and have received no information or conformation from csm. I called today and the woman simply said she didn't know and passed me onto a number that no one has yet answered. Are you an international student?
Reply 73
Original post by strikefast
Which subject did you apply for? I applied for fine art BA and have received no information or conformation from csm. I called today and the woman simply said she didn't know and passed me onto a number that no one has yet answered. Are you an international student?

I applied for BA Fine Art too :smile:
Original post by jessicag25
hi, ive applied for creative driection for fashion at lcf and fashion (communication and promotion) at csm.. along with ravensbourne and northumbria, not heard anything yet.. im scared, anyone heard back yet ?

Iv applied for creative direction for fashion , iv only got an acknowledgement email just saying they've got my application .
Original post by AisGreen
Anyone heard anything back from LCF regarding foundation courses as a whole :frown: currently have a depressing blank UCAS Track
:s-smilie::confused:

Which course did you apply for iv applied for the foundation in fashion marketing and promotion , iv only got an acknowledgement email just saying they've got my application .
Reply 76
I applied for fashion marketing and promotion at Lcf and got my acknowledgement letter this evening and I applied for retail branding and visual merchandising at Lcf but got my acknowledgement letter in December!! Sooooo nervous really want to get on the promotion course more than anything!! Good luck everyone xx
Reply 77
I applied for Visual merchandising and brand promotion at LCF on December 15th and still haven't received an acknowledgement letter, has this happened to anyone else? also does anyone have an interview for that course yet? xx
(edited 12 years ago)
I applied for BA Fine Art too :smile:

Where are you on foundation? I've applied for painting at wimbledon and just withdrew my application for slade in favour of camberwell
Reply 79
Original post by kaylafrances
Where are you on foundation? I've applied for painting at wimbledon and just withdrew my application for slade in favour of camberwell

I'm not doing a foundation. I know that its the entry requirement to have one, but I like taking risks its so much more exciting. Out of curiosity why did you prefer Camberwell?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending