The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Postgraduate Application 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Applied last week for International Relations. Got an offer from Glasgow and I have to respond within the next three weeks, so I'm hoping to hear back from Edinburgh soon! I'm from Canada but have been to Edinburgh a few times and I'm just in love with the place and the university seems great.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 21
Original post by mike.den53
Hey guys,

I'm applying to MSc in Artificial Intelligence. I've sent off the application over a week ago. I got an application confirmation email but no details on how to access MyEd or any part of Edinburgh uni's web portal. Does any of this ring a bell for anyone, just want to make sure this is normal for Edinburgh's application process and can stop worrying about sending off the application, never mind getting an offer (which would be fantastic) :smile:

Thanks
Mike

Hey,

I'm in the same position as you, I applied a week ago for MSc in Computer Science but I have no details yet on how to access EUCLID. Have you heard anything yet?
Reply 22
Anyone who has applied to University of Edinburgh Business School? One month ago I applied for Msc in Management, still waiting for the results :frown:.
Reply 23
I've applied for the MSc English Literature: United States Literature - Cultural Values from Revolution to Empire programme.

Finally got the application sorted towards the end of January, I'd hoped to have it done before Christmas but my current university (Southampton) were a little slow when it came to providing the interim transcript.

Hoping to hear from Edinburgh soon, best of luck to everyone else waiting for a response!
Reply 24
I also have applied for the MSc Management 3 weeks ago but I have not yet received the details on how to access EUCLID to track my application progress. I emailed them a week ago but no one responded :frown:

btw, has anyone received offers from other universities? I have received offers from kcl, nottingham and bristol. Is edinburgh better than all of these?
Reply 25
Original post by lawvictor
I also have applied for the MSc Management 3 weeks ago but I have not yet received the details on how to access EUCLID to track my application progress. I emailed them a week ago but no one responded :frown:

btw, has anyone received offers from other universities? I have received offers from kcl, nottingham and bristol. Is edinburgh better than all of these?

That's strange I received the details immediately after I submitted my application. You should definitely try to contact them once again.

Just to be sure, have you paid the application fee - 50 pounds? I nearly forgot it, because you have to pay it separately not during the application process. Without it they will not move your application further.
Reply 26
Original post by MartinK
That's strange I received the details immediately after I submitted my application. You should definitely try to contact them once again.

Just to be sure, have you paid the application fee - 50 pounds? I nearly forgot it, because you have to pay it separately not during the application process. Without it they will not move your application further.

Yes, I did and I had received the confirmation email. I emailed the business school and they said they have not received my application. Should I give them a call?

btw, I just received an offer from Bath. I will be choosing between Bath and KCL if Edinburgh rejects me. Any advice?
Reply 27
I would probably give them a call. You have nothing to loose, you've already paid the application fee so why not ask to have you application considered.

Regarding KCL & Bath, I am an international student so I would probably go with KCL cause it has higher international reputation as a university and a better location. However, from my quick look on those two I think Bath has a better management department.
Hi everyone,

I had seen this forum a couple of times and since I saw that many of you are also anxious to get your results of your application. I would join in. I applied for the PhD program in sociology at Edinburgh. Got my app in the beginning on February. Not really sure how long it usually takes to hear back as I don't know anyone who has gone there. It's my top choice and I am anxiously awaiting their response.
Reply 29
On Friday I have received an unconditional offer for Msc in Management! It took about 3 weeks after my application went to the admission committee to receive it.
Awesome! Congrats! I hope I hear back soon. They did ask for proof that I am scheduled to graduate with my Master of Science degree in May. I don't know if that is just standard procedure or if that's a good sign.
Reply 31
Just got an offer for MSc Policy Studies!! SO EXCITED! Anyone else in the same program?
I did not know there was an application fee! How do you pay it??
Reply 33
Original post by satellite_eyes
I did not know there was an application fee! How do you pay it??

I don't think you do for all courses. I applied for cog neuro and rang the office for another reason. The woman there told me that my application had been sent for consideration and I haven't paid any fee. Also, I can't find any reference to it on the Edinburgh website...
My program didn't require a fee either. When you go to submit the application it says don't forget the fee and that the fee needs to be separately. I clicked on the provided link and only certain programs needed fees, mine didn't require one so I skipped it and submitted. I would check with your program if you aren't sure.
Reply 35
I've seen from the other thread that a few undergrad offers are starting to come out from PPLS, do postgrad offers usually come out at the same time from schools?
Reply 36
Just got a conditional offer for MSc Human Cognitive Neuropsychology on the condition of achieving a 2.1.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!
Anyone applying for PhD programs? Just wondering. In the States the process for admitting student in Master's programs and PhD programs is mostly the same, just wondering if that's how it is at Edinburgh.
Original post by xanzibar1986
Anyone applying for PhD programs? Just wondering. In the States the process for admitting student in Master's programs and PhD programs is mostly the same, just wondering if that's how it is at Edinburgh.

Completely different here.
Reply 39
Original post by xanzibar1986

The process in the UK is far less competitive. However, funding is far harder to come by! Good luck!!!

Quick Reply

Latest