The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1000
Evening all, hope you're all well? :h: Sounds like today's been stressful for all, I had a horrid exam!
Breakfast: Low fat peach&passionfruit yoghurt
Snack: Pink Lady apple (:coma:)
Lunch: 2 egg omelette(with low fat cheese-60 cals a slice) and a cut up half red bell pepper. Mango and pineapple salad with 44 calories of WW icecream
Snack: 100 cals worth of low fat cheese triangles, black olives.
Dinner(will be): Rest of the fruit salad(it's going funny and I hate wasting food :frown:) and maybe some fish fingers..idk yet.

Also, QUESTION to the ladies here, has anyone lost weight and then gone on/restarted their birth control pill? I have with Yasmin and will be keeping a fierce eye on intake but has anyone here noticed any problems?
Reply 1001
I did a fair amount of walking today, I was on a university open day, so I had all the tours and it was a 20 minute walk uphill to the accommodation. The walk is through a park, and I was picturing my running route if I end up going there!!!
Also, the sports facilities are fab, I would love to start playing netball again when I go to university, I used to be really into it when I was younger.
Meal wise today hasn't been too bad. At lunchtime I had a chicken fajita which seemed healthy, but it did come with a few nachos, but oh well!!
weighed myself today and I am 69.0kg exact (like I was 2 weeks ago although last week I gained weigh and went up to 10st 13) making me 10st 12lbs however still I am only 100grams away from losing another pound and being 10st 11lbs :angry::angry::banghead:

Hopefully on Saturday I would be under 69kg and then 10st 11lbs

1000 times harder losing weight now since I'm quite slim already. Hope to get to around 10st 5 - 10st 7lbs by mid June latest
(edited 12 years ago)
OMG just found out I'm going to Florida in the summer for three weeks!
It gives me more or less 4 months to get a beach body! :biggrin:
I'd initially set the target as my 18th birthday (June 10th) but if that doesn't work out, then I have another month or so (I'm leaving around mid-July) to get a bikini-ready body :dance:
Reply 1004
Ahhh :smile: I've just done my BMI for the first time in about 2 months, and I'm overweight instead of obese!! Okay, not exactly amazing, and still got loads to go, but I'm not obese anymore! :biggrin:
Reply 1005
Original post by Chrisateen
weighed myself today and I am 69.0kg exact (like I was 2 weeks ago although last week I gained weigh and went up to 11st 13) making me 11st 12lbs however still I am only 100grams away from losing another pound and being 11st 11lbs :angry::angry::banghead:

Hopefully on Saturday I would be under 69kg and then 11st 11lbs

1000 times harder losing weight now since I'm quite slim already. Hope to get to around 10st 5 - 10st 7lbs by mid June latest

Huh? Do you mean 10? 69kg in stone is under 11 stone...?
Going out for a curry tomorrow night, not a good idea the night before weigh day! But it's my friend's leaving do so I can't really control the date. Just really want to lose 2lbs this week as I think that will give me a little bit of a lift.
Original post by sauce
Huh? Do you mean 10? 69kg in stone is under 11 stone...?

Oh goodness me I added a stone their. Went past 11st 11 ages ago and don't want to see that number ever again. Thanks for letting me know :redface:
Reply 1008
Oh goodness me I added a stone their. Went past 11st 11 ages ago and don't want to see that number ever again. Thanks for letting me know :redface:

For a minute I thought...holy hell I'm under 69kg and I swear I was no longer 11st+ :colondollar:, I hope you never see it again too, you've done so well and I'm sure you won't :h:
Original post by sauce
For a minute I thought...holy hell I'm under 69kg and I swear I was no longer 11st+ :colondollar:, I hope you never see it again too, you've done so well and I'm sure you won't :h:

Thanks. Shocked at myself for making such a silly mistake. Guess my mind hasn't got use to me being in the 10's
Original post by sauce
Also, QUESTION to the ladies here, has anyone lost weight and then gone on/restarted their birth control pill? I have with Yasmin and will be keeping a fierce eye on intake but has anyone here noticed any problems?

I started on Microgynon 30 a few months ago and haven't noticed any changes in my weight... the only difference was that I've stopped craving junk food like a madman around my TOTM! :tongue:
Had a conversation with someone today and told her I went to the gym early this morrining. Then she said I hope your not losing any more weight and I lied and said no and told her that I am considering gaining weight.

Hate lying to people about my weight but lying about it is easier than me getting a big talk from people about how I shouldn't lose weight and about eating disorders. Also its difficult to explain to people that I am aiming to lose a bit more bodyfat and then afterwards gain weight and build muscle in order to make my body look leaner and better.

Really nervous about going home this Easter and hope my parents don't notice. Probably end up lying to them about my weight also.

Sometimes it makes me feel like I have got a problem since I end up constantly lying to people about my weight
Reply 1012
Had a conversation with someone today and told her I went to the gym early this morrining. Then she said I hope your not losing any more weight and I lied and said no and told her that I am considering gaining weight.

Hate lying to people about my weight but lying about it is easier than me getting a big talk from people about how I shouldn't lose weight and about eating disorders. Also its difficult to explain to people that I am aiming to lose a bit more bodyfat and then afterwards gain weight and build muscle in order to make my body look leaner and better.

Really nervous about going home this Easter and hope my parents don't notice. Probably end up lying to them about my weight also.

Sometimes it makes me feel like I have got a problem since I end up constantly lying to people about my weight

I do the same, I don't think it's a problem but peopel need to realise keeping weight off/the last bit of weight loss is a very gradual process that needs to be taken slooow and easy. :s-smilie:
Reply 1013
Original post by alabelle
I started on Microgynon 30 a few months ago and haven't noticed any changes in my weight... the only difference was that I've stopped craving junk food like a madman around my TOTM! :tongue:

Nice one :five: this is like the fourth pill I've tried :colondollar: Nevur mind....looking forward to no more crazy TOTM!
Reply 1014
Original post by sauce

I started Yasmin the same week that I changed my diet for the better, and I think I lost weight quicker than I usually would (used to go through regular phases of losing/gaining about half a stone so knew pretty much how quickly I could lose it when I wanted to). I'm on Marvelon now and I'm back to 'normal' - slightly more of an appetite to find it harder to stop snacking generally. I didn't put weight on when I changed from Yasmin to Marvelon though.
Reply 1015
Original post by Kate.
I started Yasmin the same week that I changed my diet for the better, and I think I lost weight quicker than I usually would (used to go through regular phases of losing/gaining about half a stone so knew pretty much how quickly I could lose it when I wanted to). I'm on Marvelon now and I'm back to 'normal' - slightly more of an appetite to find it harder to stop snacking generally. I didn't put weight on when I changed from Yasmin to Marvelon though.

That's really helpful, thank you :yy:

I'm hoping that it isn't as disastrous as other pills, in particular microgynon, where for me (please don't be put off, It just exacerbated a condition already there)
Eaten waaaaay too much today - had three fairy cakes in the library, then a massive dinner because by the time I got in I was starving. You need to eat more when you're ill, right? :tongue:

But I've done some exercise (2.2 mile run, 2 minle walk with 0.5 miles being uphill), so that should limit the damage. Plus, I'm not actively trying to lose weight atm - my body seems to have settled at 9st8 so I'm just sticking with that for now. It's still a healthy weight for my height, and I just don't seem to be able to maintain anything lower without a lot of effort.

In other (good, but non-related) news, my dissertation is done :biggrin: Just got to give it a final check and print it off/bind it/hand it in.
Reply 1017
I hate how people seem to think that trying to become healthier and lose weight=eating disorder. I constantly get told "only a dog wants a bone" blah blah blah. And the thing is, the people who tell me these things aren't even close friends!! Luckily though, my friends and family are really supportive, and that's all that matters to me.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is that anyone who is negative towards your weight loss is most likely jealous that they don't have your motivation and determination. So yeah, ignore the negativity from people, and keep strong!!! :smile:
Original post by Alt__x
I hate how people seem to think that trying to become healthier and lose weight=eating disorder. I constantly get told "only a dog wants a bone" blah blah blah. And the thing is, the people who tell me these things aren't even close friends!! Luckily though, my friends and family are really supportive, and that's all that matters to me.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is that anyone who is negative towards your weight loss is most likely jealous that they don't have your motivation and determination. So yeah, ignore the negativity from people, and keep strong!!! :smile:

your luck your friends and family are supportive as I got the bad comments from my family (were supportive until I got below 14st and then the comments slowly crept in), friends and the people I worked with last summer (who were the same people I worked with the year before).

This is why I lie to people about losing more weight as I just cant be bothered anymore with the nasty comments
Did anyone do a check up with the doctor before losing weight and did you do a check up afterwards. Got told by a few people that I should have a check up with the doctor to make sure all is well

Latest