The Student Room Group

Would it be weird to wear a hobble skirt?

I found some hobble skirts for sale and I bought 4 of them. I know they are problematic to walk in, however I just love trying new things. Would it be weird if I wear these on a daily basis when I go out. I have a car so I'll be walking in buildings, shopping malls etc only.

In case you don't know how it is walking in them have a look here.

(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

No video

Edit - Why the neg???? I can't see the video, is it only me?
(edited 12 years ago)
If you aren't worried about your decreased ability to drive/climb stairs then sure.
Original post by scorpion95
No video

Edit - Why the neg???? I can't see the video, is it only me?

She did the coding wrong so nobody can see it.
Reply 4
Your video link isn't working for me,but I googled hobble skirts quickly,and they look like they fit like a pencil skirt but stop at your calves or ankles and do look like they could make you waddle a bit when you walk but I've never worn them before so my opinion isn't fantastic.I don't see why it would be weird,if you are happy to wear them and don't feel uncomfortable,then wear them :smile:

Edit: Just watched a bit of each video thanks to another using coding them properly,and wow,they really do seem to restrict your walking.But if you can walk in them then sure.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by LaBelleEtLeBete
She did the coding wrong so nobody can see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyTkmM452VU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16w57navUU8

:smile:

after seeing those videos it doesn't look that practical :teehee:
Reply 7
To see the videos you just need to copy from the second part of each link.

On topic, :lolwut: I've never seen anything more stupid (and annoying- damn slow walkers getting in your way :mad:) in my life.... and you've bought 4? Why?!
Original post by Jelephant
To see the videos you just need to copy from the second part of each link.

On topic, :lolwut: I've never seen anything more stupid (and annoying- damn slow walkers getting in your way :mad:) in my life.... and you've bought 4? Why?!

The 'bought four but should I wear them?' made me side-eye.
You're a bit obsessed with those hideous shoes, aren't you?
Reply 10
Original post by psychocustard
You're a bit obsessed with those hideous shoes, aren't you?

Yeah, worrying bad fashion sense.
Evidently some people have a fetish for them but honestly I think you would look less ridiculous hopping around in a potato sack.
After seeing some vids, they look quite restrictive, as long as you don't mind kind of walking funny and having lift it up so can go up stairs then wear them
Reply 13
Those shoes are not cute. I've seen you post them somewhere else too. They remind me of things I'd rather not mention...
I've never heard of these, but hilarious :rofl:. Thanks for the laugh :biggrin:
Seriously, why not just tape your legs together and have done with? Much cheaper.

I've never seen such a ludicrous skirt and absurd way of walking in my life. Not to mention the fact that the skirts aren't even attractive.

OP - if you want to look like a pillock, then they're perfectly fine to wear when you're out and about.
Hobble skirts just remind me of BDSM and people who get kicks out of restricted movement or watching someone's movement being restricted. If you're one of those people, go for it! If not, it'll be a lot of hassle for day-to-day wear.
Reply 17
If i saw you i would so push you over and time how long it would take you to get back up again. You will look like an utter moron imo.
It's absolutely ridiculous. If I saw someone walking like that I would probably put it down to a walking impairment initially until I realised it was the skirt.
It'd be equally as weird to wear those disgusting shoes you insist on posting everywhere.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending