The Student Room Group

Reapplying to a Uni that has given a conditional offer?

So after receiving a 40% success rate on my UCAS application for L100 Economics, I am thinking of taking a year out and reapplying to try once again to get into the top universities. However, those that have given me and offer (e.g. Birmingham University), if I reapply next year to Birmingham again, will my application be affected due to them already giving me an offer this year?

Thanks ^^
Reply 1
Receiving an offer one year doesn't guarantee you'll get an offer next year - the standard might be higher and you might not be lucky. But declining the offer this year won't change your chances of receiving an offer.
Reply 2
hey your case is much the same as mine, I also got an offer from University of Birmingham, and now I turn down and reapply next year, of course for a better uni :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Juno
Receiving an offer one year doesn't guarantee you'll get an offer next year - the standard might be higher and you might not be lucky. But declining the offer this year won't change your chances of receiving an offer.

Ah thank you. That's all I really wanted to know; but, no offence to you and your advice (which i sincerely appreciate), may I ask how you are so sure? ^^
Reply 4
Original post by Anneihtseme
hey your case is much the same as mine, I also got an offer from University of Birmingham, and now I turn down and reapply next year, of course for a better uni :smile:

Yeah ikr~ I'm just afraid of getting rejected next year by top unis and then also not being able to get into Bham again :frown:
that would be super awkward. :3
Reply 5
Original post by Bakasplitz
Ah thank you. That's all I really wanted to know; but, no offence to you and your advice (which i sincerely appreciate), may I ask how you are so sure? ^^

I would refer you to the collection of quotes in my sig - someone once called me "the UCAS queen" - but I've taken them out. So, instead, I shall tell you how I have written numerous guides for the wiki, and UCAS media themselves have used some of my advice.
I applied to the University of York in 2009 but missed my first choice , turned down York and took a gap year. I applied to them again in 2010, got an offer and turned it down in favour of my first choice. This year I dropped out of my first choice and accepted an unconditional offer from York. It doesn't seem to matter.
Reply 7
Original post by sarahwarahbarah
i applied to the university of york in 2009 but missed my first choice , turned down york and took a gap year. I applied to them again in 2010, got an offer and turned it down in favour of my first choice. This year i dropped out of my first choice and accepted an unconditional offer from york. It doesn't seem to matter.

thankQ for your valuable information :'D
Reply 8
It doesn't matter if you reject them. But they might not accept you again next year.

Quick Reply