The Student Room Group

Cambridge MPhil Economics 2012-13

Anyone applied/attending?
Reply 1
Me. Econ Research, Stuck at BOGS for 3 weeks now.
Reply 2
Original post by Lalafell
Me. Econ Research, Stuck at BOGS for 3 weeks now.

Yeah, I was there for ages, pretty frustrating. Why not send the admissions office a quick email to see where they're at? It may just be taking a bit of time to get all the offers together.
Reply 3
They release their decisions for all applicants at one time?...or they inform as they make a decision on each individual applicant??
Reply 4
Original post by Econla
They release their decisions for all applicants at one time?...or they inform as they make a decision on each individual applicant??

BOGS is an administrative stage for approving the offers recommended by departments/degree committee. BOGS deals with applicants of any disciplines. Approvals are made on a daily basis. The time of getting the approval and therefore official offer depends on when a person is recommended to BOGS for an offer.
Reply 5
Original post by Lalafell
BOGS is an administrative stage for approving the offers recommended by departments/degree committee. BOGS deals with applicants of any disciplines. Approvals are made on a daily basis. The time of getting the approval and therefore official offer depends on when a person is recommended to BOGS for an offer.

Where else did you apply? Will you attend Cambridge?

I'm trying to decide between Cambridge and LSE.
Reply 6
It seems like Cambridge has many more finance options :^_^:....If you look for that, then it is clear.
Reply 7
I received an offer for the course about two weeks ago after submitting an open application, and was assigned to Girton College after accepting the offer. I suppose there are more prestigious colleges, but all in all I think Girton will be great!

Looking forward to the Math and Statistics course starting 10 September. Has anyone else accepted an offer for the 2012-13 MPhil Econ? And has anyone received the reading list yet, or any physical correspondence for that matter? I was hoping to get a packet of information in the mail along with an official acceptance letter, etc. but so far nothing has come...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8
Yes, I have accepted the offer for Econ Research... now working on getting that distinction - if all goes well, I will be at Wolfson (open application, too, didn't really care at the time... and really we'll probably spend most of our time at the department/library anyway :smile:
I wrote to one of the micro readers a couple of weeks ago asking about maths preparation and got the response that "the faculty will contact you with information regarding preparation"... am also curious of course.
What track did you choose?
Reply 9
Thanks for the info on preparation material—its reassuring to know that I'm not the only one anxious to get some more details on the course :wink: I'm doing the standard MPhil in Economics, not the research track. Not sure if that was the right decision, but I'm stuck with is now I guess...
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest