The Student Room Group

The (un)Official Thread for Access to HE 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1420
Original post by clare.hughes1
DDD in Organic Chem assignment. Phew! That assignment almost finished me off. So happy!

Yay well done! We'll be needing that organic chemistry knowledge next year. I'm waiting for my organic chemistry grade, hopefully will find out next week.
Reply 1421
12 more class days to go, its going to be probably the happiest day of my life when I finnish this course! woohoo!
Reply 1422
Original post by RinniieX
12 more class days to go, its going to be probably the happiest day of my life when I finnish this course! woohoo!

Oh goodness, is that all? Will you really be happy to finish? I think I'll miss college although definately feel ready to move onto something bigger now.
Reply 1423
Hi. Firstly well done to everyone who will be finished soon.

Im hoping to study an access to he in business in sept at lcc. Then i wish to go liverpool hope for business management degree.

I have level 2 maths and english at present.

I dont have a clue about ucas points system and if this route is even possible.

As most of you are were i'd like to be this time next year, please can you help me make sence of what i need to do. Should i apply for uni/finance now? Will hope have me? I have asked college for more info still waiting.

Thanks for any help and good luck with next few weeks

k
Original post by katilda

Im hoping to study an access to he in business in sept at lcc. Then i wish to go liverpool hope for business management degree.

As most of you are were i'd like to be this time next year, please can you help me make sence of what i need to do. Should i apply for uni/finance now? Will hope have me? I have asked college for more info still waiting.

k

I think UCAS opens for 2013 entry in September 2012. Student finance really kicks in from Jan 2013 for Sept 2013 entry. But there is nothing to stop you setting up accounts on both systems in preparation.

If your the type who gets frustrated waiting then consider when you apply to UCAS. Some Uni's will make early offers, but even those that do often do not make the bulk of offers until after the January 16th deadline. There are a significant number of universities that state up front that they do not make offers at all until after the 16th of Jan deadline. They can be very rigid on this policy. For example Sheffield Hallum and Nottingham Trent. The Universities that have this rigid policy seem to be the "new" universities, but offers were still coming out in April from many universities, for folks who applied in October..... If you apply in October and your waiting until March for offers, your resolve and emotional resilience will be tested to the limit :smile:.

I don't know Liverpool Hope, but LJM had an absolutely trend busting record number of applications this year. Check that Hope will accept the access course you are signing up for.

UCAS points do not apply to Access to HE courses. But there is an initiative underway to address that gap, along with certain other qualifications which currently have no UCAS points tariff. This initiative, I know about it because I was invited to complete a survey on the proposals, is a different one to the A level review you may have read about in the media.

Other than that ..... good luck and remember patience is a virtue....
Reply 1425
Original post by jami74
Oh goodness, is that all? Will you really be happy to finish? I think I'll miss college although definately feel ready to move onto something bigger now.

yep that is all, 11 after today! woo hoo! i will be the HAPPIEST to finnish i'm pretty much hating the course at the moment have done for some time!

Original post by katilda

k

Alot of people from my course have just been accepted onto courses to LCC and 2 to Hope and a few to JMU so the route you''re taking should be fine (although not for business courses etc although i do no LCC do a business access course so may be harder to get into maybe? who knows)
Reply 1426
yep that is all, 11 after today! woo hoo! i will be the HAPPIEST to finnish i'm pretty much hating the course at the moment have done for some time!

Welll done for sticking at it then, it is harder doing something that you don't enjoy.
Reply 1427
I understand why they are striking, I know that my teachers don't really want to strike and lose another days pay but I am still feeling a little bit annoyed about it. I really need those last revision classes for two of my exam subjects :frown:. Saying that both teachers have gone out of their way to try and fit us in for a bit of revision elsewhere so they are doing everything they can under the circumstances.
Original post by jami74
I understand why they are striking, I know that my teachers don't really want to strike and lose another days pay but I am still feeling a little bit annoyed about it. I really need those last revision classes for two of my exam subjects :frown:. Saying that both teachers have gone out of their way to try and fit us in for a bit of revision elsewhere so they are doing everything they can under the circumstances.

I didn't know teachers went on strike.

Back in the late 70s, after a series of teachers strikes, pupils all over the country went on strike, it was different.
Reply 1429
Original post by jami74

Original post by evening sunrise
I didn't know teachers went on strike.

Back in the late 70s, after a series of teachers strikes, pupils all over the country went on strike, it was different.

teachers strking again? or talking about past times?
teachers strking again? or talking about past times?

Mine should have said "I did not know the teachers were going on strike."

Back in the 70s they did and then the pupils did it back. Started at a school in the midlands , it was broad cast on the news and then the other schools follwed suit. Well at least it was a day off :biggrin:
Reply 1431
I'm actually quite looking forward to the exam next week! It's been so long since I've had a proper one. Still going to be really nervous, though :biggrin:
Reply 1432
Original post by _N_
I'm actually quite looking forward to the exam next week! It's been so long since I've had a proper one. Still going to be really nervous, though :biggrin:

What exam?
Reply 1433
What exam?

We get to pick one of our three main subjects to take an exam in. It counts as part of study skills though, so we have to show our revision time tables we've made and evaluate it, as the exam only counts as one of our assessment criteria...but I'm still looking forward to it. We get the rest of the week off, so that's a plus, too :biggrin:
Reply 1434
Original post by _N_
We get to pick one of our three main subjects to take an exam in. It counts as part of study skills though, so we have to show our revision time tables we've made and evaluate it, as the exam only counts as one of our assessment criteria...but I'm still looking forward to it. We get the rest of the week off, so that's a plus, too :biggrin:

Only one exam? Lucky you. We are doing the same study skills unit with revision timetable etc but we do exams in all our subjects.
Reply 1435
Original post by jami74
Only one exam? Lucky you. We are doing the same study skills unit with revision timetable etc but we do exams in all our subjects.

I think they meant they chose one exam to do now, rather than all together, i think i have an english exam next week or the week after! :frown: next week i also have to do 2 possibly three presentations, hand in another 3 assignments and THEN can focus on the big exams! haha 4 weeks to go 4 weeks! hurry up septemberrr!
Reply 1436
10 Class days left! WAHOO!
Reply 1437
The end feels so close now. I have just emptied and put away two of my folders. No more chemistry practical work (portfolio submitted) and no more IT (last assignment submitted).
Reply 1438
All my classes are coming to an end now, my work all has to be submitted by 1st June. Getting so close it is scary.

My days are getting shorter at college as well now the tutors have taught us all we need, just the pigging level 2 stuff that is annoying and frustrating to pretty much go in for.
Reply 1439
Original post by Soule
All my classes are coming to an end now, my work all has to be submitted by 1st June. Getting so close it is scary.

My days are getting shorter at college as well now the tutors have taught us all we need, just the pigging level 2 stuff that is annoying and frustrating to pretty much go in for.

Our days are getting shorter too, this is supposed to be our last teaching week. It is exciting putting all our work together but a bit strange when our teachers end the lesson with "It's been nice teaching you, good luck in the exams"

Am I the only one sitting up all night finishing assignments and revising? I'm feeling a bit lonely here.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending